Fancy (2008)

PerfumerAlexis Dadier
Parent CompanyPerfumania Holdings > Parlux
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Fancy

Fancy is a feminine perfume by Jessica Simpson. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alexis Dadier

Fancy fragrance notes

Reviews of Fancy

As other posters have noted, on the first spray it is a little juvenile and cheap. However (a big however), after settling, it warms into a complex smell that I quite enjoy. By the time I've made it to bed, I can't stop smelling my wrists because they smell like the yummiest warm vanilla, chocolate, ambery smell ever. My colleages compliment me most on this in the evenings just before leaving the office.
11th November, 2013
Try before you buy!

I blind-bought this after reading the notes because I am a sucker for (decently formulated) sweet gourmand scents. This is not one. I am stuck with 3-odd ounces of bugspray now - seriously, all I smell is citronella and alcohol - and not one note advertised is present over the stench. It is vaguely, if you squint and hop on one foot, "sweet." Otherwise, this is crap. I am used to celebuscents being bad, but I read so many good reviews about this one that I figured I was safe. Buyers beware: if you have an educated nose, this will probably not be up to your minimum standards of acceptability. Just think, I could have had three bottles of Skin-So-Soft instead of this choking stinkbomb. Those who say this smells like Pink Sugar must have very different noses from mine! For a cheap smell-alike of PS, play it safe and go with Gale Hayman's "Delicious Cotton Candy," which actually does smell like cotton candy, marshmallows, and a little like "Wish." "Fancy" isn't worth the paper in a tester strip, in my opinion.

In related news, I now have a 3.3 oz. bottle of Fancy for sell / trade. Any takers?

Pros: None
Cons: Too many to list; waste of money"

12th September, 2013
My first thoughts were, "It's way too cloying, but not as disgusting as I thought it would be." The opening fruits are bold, while the vanilla dry-down makes you feel as if you've bathed in a tub of vanilla extract and carmel syrup and then dried yourself off with cotton candy, which is great if you're into that sorta thing. I normally like gourmands, but this leaves me ambivalent. It's sweet and superficial. This would be a great gift for my bubbly, 17-year-old cousin for her prom night. But I'd rather go with something with a bit more intrigue and spice.
26th December, 2011
Yes ... it IS a lot like Pink Sugar . I would say a blend of Pink Sugar(2/3) and Hanae Mori Blue (or Pink) Butterfly(1/3 -the berries) . This is so much like Pink Sugar that if one person is wearing Fancy and the other Pink Sugar it's hard to smell the other person's fragrance. {This actually happened today to me and another co-worker }

The drydown on this is just a bit plastic doll-y smelling in Fancy.
The lotion is okay fragrancewise ,but seems a little liquidy .
The Fancy shower gel is nice ,it reminds me slightly of Bvlgari Omnia (red bottle)a bit of tea-ish notes added to a weaker version of Fancy.
All in all not too bad for $10 for all three from a discounter.
04th December, 2011
My girlfriend used to wear this until her bottle ran out. It's a calming and relaxing scent thats very uplifting. It smells cheap from the bottle but on her skin it smelled... magical? A steal at this price, just hope it doesn't get much attention because I like this under the radar. An undoubtably great fragrance...
24th July, 2011
This does smell exactly like Pink Sugar.

Despite the two smelling very similar, seeming that Pink Sugar isn't readily available in Australia, this for some will be unique.

I really love the sugary sweetness in Fancy, although for some this will be quite sickening. You've definitely got to have a sweet tooth for fragrances like these.

Fancy is quite warm with a gourmand, dessert like quality. I sense a lot of apricot, caramel and vanilla, which together makes an adorably girlish and pretty fragrance.

I must repeat that this isn't for people that dislike sweet scents or gourmands. But for those of you that love scents of this kind, Fancy and you are sure to fall in love.

05th June, 2011

Add your review of Fancy

Shop for Fancy products online

Shop for Fancy at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fancy

Member images of Fancy

There are no member images of Fancy yet. Why not be the first?