Black XS for Her (2007)

80ml EdT
    50ml EdT
    $71.60*
    80ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 42.80)

Reviews of Black XS for Her

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 10 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

I've been through some phases in my life, one of them included dying my hair black, wearing outrageous clothes and talking to decent men like a tramp. Black XS for Her reminds me of those days.

To me it smells like dark, syrupy cherries, (almost medicinal), vanilla flavoured cream, pepper and a hint of red rose. I like it in an odd kind of a way. It's not too sweet and it has an edgy-ness that I enjoy.

Honestly, this is more punk rock than gothic. It's a fun, party scent, not something for dark, brooding people.

Black XS for Her is yummy, but certainly not a gourmand. It's a nice in-between type of fragrance. Not too girly, not too sweet, not too dark. It's bold but also balanced.

I think this fragrance could work well in Winter and for nights out and about on the town. I kind of expected this fragrance to have an attitude, however I find the scent rather inviting. It's sexy too, which is a bonus.

The lasting power is pretty good, and same could be said of the sillage although it isn't all that strong. Overall, Black XS for Her is a fun, sexy and edgy scent, great for those girls that are growing out of the sugary, candied scents.

14 April, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

The feminine version of Black Xs owns that kind of density and luxuriousness whereof lacks the manly version to be a real winner. If you try Black XS for man on a paper is so much intriguing to rave for (while on the skin is watered and subdued in intensity) and the synthetic feel seems tamed.  This fragrance, despite its high level of "synthetism", is pleasant because of a really dark and mysterious fruity floral trail and because of a certain level of sophistication and luxuriousness exuded mainly by the strange chord of peppercorn, patchouli, tamarind and rose. The tamarind gives a sort of dense and boozy kind of density  and joins perfectly with the red fruits. The fragrance exudes a sort of purple smell of sinister rose, cherry and spices that ends to be smoothed by a creamy base of musk, woods and vanilla which produces a dark kind of smoothness made of patchouli and red fruits. The resemblance with the manly version is obviously made by the combination of blackberries, spices, patchouli, woods and rose but the feminine version is subdued in citrus and overloaded of balsams. A very pleasant dark fragrance.

21st October, 2011 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

Mizzalot's avatar
    Mizzalot

This is a lovely scent, a bit heavy, very good in wintertime.
    Stays the whole day too.
    This is a complete scent, don't have the feeling that there is something missing in it.

20th December, 2010

veesha's avatar
    veesha

Amazing smell to this, How can it not be liked, its perfect for day and night! lush bottle too!!! love it trust me its a must have !

06 July, 2010

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

BLACK XS POUR ELLE starts off rather unconvincingly with a dark cherry-like note but turns tooth-achingly sweet as a creamy vanilla joins the rose heart. For a minute it threatens to get all syrupy and cloying on me, but a woodsy accord, no doubt Iso E Super-driven, comes along to add a degree of 'blackness' and counterbalances the excessive sweetness. Probably more wearable in small doses even if it lacks the sophistication of say, a Kenzo.

23 December, 2009

xXjEnNyXx's avatar
    xXjEnNyXx

I love, love, LOVE this scent. It is warm, sensual and sexy. I do not get any of the rose note, if the rose is present it is very very faint. On my skin, I smell blackberries infused with vanilla and woods. There is a hint spiciness which I believe comes from the pink peppercorn. This fragrance is not too heavy...it is sexy, exotic and intriguing IMO. I get SOOOOOO many compliments when I wear this fragrance. This is hands down one of my favorites!

15 November, 2009