Infusion d'Iris (2007)

HousePrada
PerfumerDaniela Andrier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Infusion d'Iris

Infusion d'Iris is a feminine perfume by Prada. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Infusion d'Iris fragrance notes

Reviews of Infusion d'Iris

Iris's texture
Became that of a fabric
Because of this scent.
03rd December, 2017
I was very dubious about iris fragrances, but was sent a sample. I tried it and loved it! It was so great I got another sample. I finished the first one, and put the second one away for a while. When I pulled the second one out again and tried it, I didn't love it as much. It smelled a bit too chemical and powdery on the second round. However, with a light hand, I used up at the second sample. It's quite a good fragrance for Spring. I probably won't go out of my way to get another sample, but if I happened across one, I'd probably use it.
09th May, 2017
To be honest I wasn’t a fan of Prada fragrances and based on some experiences that I had before from the brand I didn’t have any hope for this but this one changed my point of view completely about the brand! a great fragrance that aimed for women market but I think a guy can easily pull this off if you’re into this type of fragrances.

The opening starts off with a green and soapy aroma mixed with strong musk right beside it that it doesn’t smell sweet at all. a green, clean and musky scent followed by mellow smell of spices in the background. as far as the overall feel it’s a classic scent. it doesn’t smell modern at all but for unknown reason it makes me extremely happy!
The soapy aura smells more like aldehydes rather than neroli or orange blossom and there is a strong beautiful iris mixed with it that creates an elegant powdery feel. also musk has a very important role in this fragrance right from the start to the last minutes on your skin. that spicy aura in the background feels like the smell of a big spice shop when you open the door and going in and suddenly the smell of all those spices in the shop rushes to your nose.

In the mid the spicy aura settles down quite of bit while musk gets a little stronger and with smooth sweetness and now … incense shows up! the mid of the fragrance is a mellow smoky, powdery, green and soapy aroma with a little sweetness from musk that smells extremely elegant and lovely! no changes till the end. only it gets smoother and slightly sweeter.

Projection is average and longevity is around 5 hours on my skin. you can wear it all four seasons but it’s more suitable for warmer weather because based on my experience it shows more layers and characters in spring and summer which makes it more great!
16th November, 2016 (last edited: 18th November, 2016)
This is one of the best designer fragrances released in the last 10 years.
22nd May, 2016
I have a bottle of Infusion d’Iris and although I’m not 100% in love with it, I can’t quite bring myself to sell it because it plays a very useful part in my fragrance wardrobe.

Specifically, I use it after a cold shower on a hot day, when its chilly, citrusy scent provides a most welcome cooling sensation on my skin.

Then again, since moving from Montenegro to Ireland, I'm not entirely sure I will ever be hot ever again. Or indeed, warm.

Infusion d'Iris opens with tart citrus and thin, almost austere woods, reminding me more of a cup of chilled green tea than a true iris fragrance. Then the iris shows up midway through, a pale grey root infusion, like the water in which iris roots have been soaking. It smells clean and slightly soapy, like the scented air in the bathroom after a good soak in the bath with Epsom salts.

Later on, there is a hint of leather – a thin, discreet leather note – and a vetiver that shows off its cool, minty side. Gossamer-fine in texture, there is a pleasing bitterness to it that reminds me of similarly chilly and crisp colognes, like Cologne Blanche by Dior, which I also like very much. Both display a cooling, “white” character, like a metallic white wine quaffed straight from the fridge and so cold it makes your teeth chatter.

Infusion d’Iris is just effortlessly classy, and it will never be out of my summer wardrobe. Function over form on this one, for me.
07th March, 2016
An elegant, light, dry iris.

Perfectly blended and quite understated, this is an exceptionally good iris. The hint of leather is there, but only lightly. It is the first Prada I have sampled and it is quite impressive.

One of my very favorite scents is Serge Lutens' Iris Silver Mist with its rich suede/leather aura. Prada's is the palest reflection of ISM, a veil of scent rather than a tailored garment.

It may have been created for women, but it in my opinion quite unisex, and very affordable as well. Good news on both counts.

Well done!
10th February, 2016

Add your review of Infusion d'Iris

Shop for Infusion d'Iris products online

Shop for Infusion d'Iris at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Infusion d'Iris

Member images of Infusion d'Iris

There are no member images of Infusion d'Iris yet. Why not be the first?