Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent (2007)
by Estée Lauder

Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent information

Year of Launch2007

HouseEstée Lauder

About Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent

Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent

l was curious to try this one, as l already own a bottle of Bronze Goddess, & wanted to compare the two. Some say they are the same fragrance under different names, others that there are subtle differences between them. l agree with the latter group.
AS is much creamier than BG, with the coconut milk more prominent, & appearing much sooner in its development. lt also lasts a little longer at around four hours on me. BG is far more woody & bright.
l like both, but l am happy to stick with BG, as l feel the wood notes give it a more interesting edge.
21st November, 2012
Very sultry coconut, not childish or boring. It have a woody feeling, mixed with flowers and salt water. It really is beachy, just lovely.
14th January, 2011
Originally created as a body oil for the Azuree Soliel Collection by Tom Ford first introduced in 2006, this "liquid beach" fragrance has turned out to be a big hit for the Lauder family, later becoming the fragrance now known as Bronze Goddess. The body oil shares all the same notes but lasts longer on the skin.
09th January, 2011
This smells just like the beach to me...salt water, suntan lotion, coconut and even salted seaweed. The combination of notes makes me want to hop in my car and take a ride to the beach every time I smell it. This perfume wears very close to my skin, it is light and not overpowering. I have not had a chance to smell and compare Bronze Goddess to Azuree Soleil yet but will check it out on my next trip ro the mall.
15th November, 2009
This review is for the body oil - which has a better scent in my opinion; the Eau Fraiche is a little too citrusy at first and a little too musky in the drydown but still a lot of fun:

This indecisive product swings in between a perfume and a body oil, but to judge by the fact that 1/5 of the bottle was gone only 5 days after Azuree joined my glass clan – I think of it as a body oil. The scent is mild and non-overpowering. Despite its definite presence and unique odour, it does not seem like an improbable act of insanity to wear other fragrance on your wrists while your skin is covered with the glowing aura of this subtle, sensual scent. I was a bit surprised when I smelled it first because it is rather spicy. With all the coconut and gardenia hype, one might grow to expect Azure to be just another fun suntan oil scent. Azure is mostly a woody scent, warmed with allspice and cloves. It has a spicy-sweet and woody-dry, warm presence at first, with less-than-obvious melted-honey-comb top notes. Than it gradually melts into the skin and radiates an aura of warm sand and skin, or shampooed hair heated by direct sun light. The gardenia is very subdued and so are the coconut and myrrh. The overall feeling when wearing Azuree Body Oil after a while is what one would want a sun tan lotion to be: a non-obstrusive complement to one’s skin. And that’s what I love about it.

The oil is made mostly of silicone (cyclopentasiloxane caprylic/capric triglyceride), it is made friendly and moisturizing with olive oil, macademia nut oil, kukui nut oil, grapeseed oil and wheat germ oil. I believe it's that combination that makes the oil absorb so fast and not feel so oily (like most suntan oils are!). The list of ingredients definitely makes me like this oil more...

A downside is, though, that all the cinnamic acids and spicy aromas can be a bit tough on the skin. If you have a sensitive skin don’t apply it all over your body – it may result in a burning or itching sensation or irritation to the skin. This is why it would be nice if it came in a more concentrated oil that can be applied discreetly to pulse points, or just a perfume, a-la-Youth Dew Bath Oil.

Another issue is the price: if (and I repeat: IF) Azuree was a perfume, the price (below $40 CAD the year it came out) would have been very attractive. But, considering the fact that it is a Body Oil, and is meant to cover more skin than a perfume – it goes faster that I wish it would, and so the price is actually not as great as it seems…
25th July, 2009
Thanks to Mike Perez for both his review and for mentioning Bronze Goddess because I now have both (BG in the skin oil) and they are quite close. Also, like Mike, I get a definite briny dried-salt hovering over the hint of coconut and hesperedics. And I get MOLTO compliments whenever I wear it.

On me the Goddess is a bit higher and harsher pitched with a hint of...cedar?
14th June, 2008

Add your review of Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent

Shop for Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent products online

Search Amazon for Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent

Member images of Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent

There are no member images of Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent yet. Why not be the first?