Lacoste Elegance (2007)
    by Lacoste

Average Rating: 3

Based on 95 ratings

Lacoste Elegance Fragrance notes

Tangerine, Thyme, Mint, Juniper, Black pepper, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Raspberry, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Bitter chocolate

Lacoste Elegance information

Lacoste Elegance is a men's fragrance by Lacoste. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Lacoste Elegance products online

Reviews of Lacoste Elegance

Showing 1 to 6 of 27 reviews.

Adama's avatar

Okay

Opens with a creamy mint with a dash of green. The mint is very toothpaste-y.

Mint becomes stronger after a few minutes, plastic chocolate starts to make it's appearance. Not getting any raspberry or pepper.

After about half an hour the mint is gone, the chocolate remains a the ghost of generic wood peeks through. The chocolate is what some think of as bitter, but I find dusty, like a box of chocolates forgotten in a wooden cabinet for a year.

Dust scent gets even more prominent before fading away.

Elegance isn't bad, but it certainly isn't what I would consider to be a classic scent. Mildly interesting, could be good for an occasional spray during the fall or winter. When this 1/3 of a bottle that I swapped for is gone I won't be picking up another.

Pros: Decent mint scent
    Cons: Dust scent"

12 July, 2013

staticx's avatar

India India

I won't go into the details, for that you can read The_Cologneist's review below.
    But let me tell you, this is a wonderfully crafted scent and it is HIGHLY UNDERRATED. The more I wear it, the more I love it. Its a great find for me. The mint/pepper/chocolate combination is just too good. Longevity is good too but after 3-4 hours it goes very close to skin, but, it never disappears. I can smell it even after 7-8 hours of applying it.

17 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 18 November, 2012)

The_Cologneist's avatar

An underrated gem is Lacoste Elegance. It opens up with a blast of white pepper (definitley not black pepper), and a confusing background, but just give it a second. Ahh, here comes the mint, it's raining mint leaves. Mint, mint, mint! Eventually it turns into a combination of raspberry, chocolate mocha, and a great mint note that is less intense than the opening. With some citrus in the background, and a little spice. The combination of the raspberry and citrus, makes me think of watermelon flavored Bubble Yum. The base brings in some sandalwood and amber. It slouches in the projection department from beginning to end, but lasts a good 8-10 hours.

I would say it's sort of a mix of a very light Fuel for Life, with a very light A*Men, minus the tar and patchouli of course. The reason I say A*Men, is because of A*Men's distinctive chocolate fudge note that I haven't found in any other fragrances. I feel Elegance has it, but much much lighter, with a mocha kick to it.

I really enjoy Elegance, and would love to know the perfumer behind this fragrance. If anyone knows, please message me!

01st September, 2012

Oviatt's avatar

I am not a lover of gourmand scents and I do not like chocolate--literally, I get a migraine thinking about chocolate much less eating it--so the smell of chocolate is nothing that conjures up warm, indulgent, decadent thoughts--just the opposite! Amazingly, however, I really like this scent. The chocolate note is a bitter one and has nothing to do with Easter Bunny shaped chocotale candies. The total absence of floral notes and the deft use of fruit, woods, spices and yes, even chocolate, make this avery compelling scent. There is an elegance to it, as the name suggests, although not in the usual sense. The elegance lies in this scent's ability to harmoniously marry a diverse group of gourmand notes in a way that is subdued, compelling and not in the least foody. I love to smell the foods I love but I do not want to smell OF them. There is no elegance in smelling like you have just come from the table..... Lacoste Elegance smells of the promise of good things to come as opposed to the recent eating of good things. Despite the lack of feminizing florals, none of the notes is particularly masculine in the traditional sense so this could work well on a woman who is looking for a drily elegant demi-gourmand scent.

15 August, 2012

dongdongdong's avatar

To my untrained nose, this comes out as little more than woods, raspberry, and chocolate. And it's incredible that way.

Definitely not a mature scent either - a teen can pull this off. It is a cold weather cologne though.

13 November, 2011

's avatar

Maybe I'm novice, maybe not. But this blew me away. I am not ashamed.

I own only the deo, but even this has stopped me from buying again until it really runs out. The initial mint-pepper blast is truly different, and invigorating. I also got a powdery sweetness from the spray can too, very nice, it cleared, and then returns after 15 mins or so. Then the raspberry chocolate accord show begins, all while the minty thyme still hangs at the back, the balance is subtle and supreme by Lacoste. The base for me just got better, with more raspberries, chocolate and now joined by addictive amber and light woods. A bit dry, but classy-dry. This is masterful, a true classic/gem or whatever good you can call, amidst all the new designer fray

Downers, yes the usual one, always seems to be the rubbish longetivity/strength nowadays =[

19 March, 2010

• Time Left: 29 days
    LACOSTE ELEGANCE for Men by Lacoste EDT Spray 1.6 oz ~ BRAND NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 16 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Lacoste Elegance by Lacoste After Shave 3.0 oz for Men NO Cellophane (sku:1715)
    • Time Left: 4 days
    Lacoste Elegance by Lacoste 90 ml, 3.0 fl oz Eau de Toilette spray
    • Time Left: 17 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Lacoste Elegance 3.0oz Eau de Toilette for Men Brand New Tester..
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 4 days
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    LACOSTE ELEGANCE BY LACOSTE FOR MEN 1.6/1.7 OZ.EDT SPRAY SEALED (SKU: 2282)
    • Time Left: 17 days