Believe (2007)

PerfumerLoc Dong
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchElizabeth Arden Inc

About Believe

Believe is a feminine perfume by Britney Spears. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Loc Dong

Believe fragrance notes

Reviews of Believe

I've tried this one from the tester bottles in stores more than once, and for some reason I always end up forgetting about it later, or forgetting what it even smelled like! That's actually a serious injustice to this perfume, because truthfully, it's a really good fragrance!
However, "Believe" is also a pretty complex fragrance! It doesn't really have that many notes, but the notes that it does have all seem very juxtaposed, and like scents you would think wouldn't work all that well together! I previously said the same thing about "Ricci Ricci" by Nina Ricci, and actually, "Believe" by Britney Spears reminds me of that one a little bit, or at least, they are both similar in that they have a lot of patchouli notes in the base, a floral heart and sweet, fruity top notes. They are also similar in that the fragrances noticeably change a fair amount throughout the day as the scent develops. I said that I liked "Ricci Ricci" quite a bit, although that perfume is very strong. I feel the same way about this one! "Believe" is an absolutely gorgeous perfume! It has a sweet amber and patchouli base, and tropical fruit top notes, and both of those things make it smell almost more like a unisex perfume, so yes, I agree with everyone who said that! It is not an overly girlie or very feminine fragrance. It smells gorgeous though! I also have to say that again, I'm always drawn to the bottle for this one too! I love how it's designed like a very modern, abstract sculpture. :)
Overall, "Believe" gets a thumbs up from me for sure, and I definitely recommend trying this one if you haven't yet, I think it's worth it. :)
Edit: I probably should have waited for this perfume to dry down a bit more before writing this. I have to say, I like this one more when I first spray it on, but after a couple of hours, when it really dries down to the base, I actually do find this one a bit overly masculine. That's probably why I always forgot about this one before. I would definitely find this fragrance really sexy on a man, but I don't care for it on myself.
10th November, 2015
bigbz Show all reviews
I read quite a few reviews stating this had a somewhat "masculine" vibe to it and why I ended up trying it....but honestly I don't get that at all. I think the ladies that mention this are saying that because there is a good dose of patchouli in this on the dry down and for whatever reason they picture/associate this as being "masculine".

Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy this delicious "fruitchouli" scent...great cheapie and lasts a long time and after the opening gets a little more serious/mature then the rest of the B.S. line. Great juice!!!

But I don't really get anything masculine from it at all. So I just rock it when I'm chilling at my house strictly for my enjoyment. Although truth be told, I find nothing masculine about Paris Hilton for Men either(ladies, you should look into this one as well)....so if you feel comfortable wearing that one in public, then Believe would probably be fine as well.:)
16th September, 2015
Believe is such an amazingly unique fragrance.

It is one of those scents that grow on you, the more you wear it the more you love it.

When I first tried Believe I hated it. Even when I bought it, it wasn't a favourite. I thought it smelt far too masculine, spicy and strong, with the patchouli giving me some serious headaches.

Almost a year on, Believe has surpassed the other Britney fragrances in my collection and has become one of my favourite fragrance choices for Spring and Summer.

Believe is more spicy than it is sweet. If you want the sugary goodness from Fantasy, the sweet syrupy fruits in Midnight Fantasy or the light, girlish florals from Curious, then this isn't for you.

Britney has taken a much more mature approach towards this scent. My nose is met with a delightful blend of tropical fruits in the opening which is neither synthetic, overly sweet or nauseatingly fruity.

The drydown is divine with an interesting blend of lime blossom, honeysuckle, amber and patchouli which gives this scent raw sex-appeal.

In some ways Believe smells dirty, in a sexual kind of way. It's spicy, sensual, woodsy and intriguing. I find that I receive compliments mostly from men when I wear this scent.

People who found her other fragrances too sweet, too childish or too mainstream really should give Believe a try.

26th April, 2011 (last edited: 18th October, 2012)
I bought this unsniffed because others had compared it to Angel and it was quite a bardain. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but I'm really glad I picked it up! It is like a fresh, fruity version of Angel with a more youthful spirit. I absolutely love the peppery opening notes followed by the sweet guava and melon notes. Definitely looking forward to wearing this in the spring...and I love the bottle!

Jan
2009

27th March, 2011
I didn't like this fragrance. It's citrus-y and too strong, that is what I thought in the beginning. After the drydown, I also didn't like it. I don't know how to explain it.. but it was just a bad smell (perhaps syntheticly too strong?) But now (it's been three, four days since I sprayed it on the tester strip, the faint smell isn't that bad). I'm not sure I can wait that long for the drydown though.

note: I only smelt this fragrance from a tester strip so I cannot talk about the longevity of the product and the chemistry with my skin.
18th March, 2010
Tony T Show all reviews
very enticing, sexy and youthful. very flowery opening which mellows out to a nice soft drydown.
03rd February, 2009

Add your review of Believe

Shop for Believe products online

Shop for Believe at online perfumeries

Believe by Britney Spears Eau De Parfum Spray 1 oz-30 ml-Women

Believe by Britney Spears Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz-100 ml-Women

End Date: Sunday Feb-17-2019 0:37:21 PST
Buy It Now for only: $33.85

Member images of Believe

There are no member images of Believe yet. Why not be the first?