No. 5 Eau Première (2007)
by Chanel

No. 5 Eau Première information

Year of Launch2007

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 5 Eau Première

No. 5 Eau Première is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

No. 5 Eau Première fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 5 Eau Première

I recognized this as similar to N° 5 at first sniff – must be the aldehydes… there’s quite of hit of it, but they don’t last long before the opening settles down to a more-modern-than-no. 5-tenor. The floral (rose and jasmine) heart is beautiful… and of the quality I would expect from Chanel. I think what makes the heart so outstanding is the influence of a delicate vetiver from the base upon the balanced, quality rose / jasmine accord. The base is a simple, clean vanilla and vetiver – excellent... might be a little too transparent for my tastes, still I cannot fault it. N° 5 Eau Premiere is simply beautiful and it's a more casual and wearable presentation of the original N° 5: This is how flankers should be made.
28th August, 2015
Simply a well re-orchestrated version of the great original with a reduced aldehydic/animalic presence, an equally woody-poudree-rosey exotic dry down but with this alluring long lasting soul full of bright-shimmering sharp floral sophistication (jasmine more than rose in this phase and "apparently" peony), a more angular-watery citric presence (sharp, vaguely bitter and sensual) and a fresher general aura (aromatic and spicy). Anyway, Eau Premiere preserves that "trademark" N. 5' s poudree-hesperidic-chypre (still rosey-soapy) chic aura which turned its predecessor out in to such a legendary way. Thumbs up.
30th June, 2015
A beautifully sheer, crisp take on the enduring classic that is Chanel No. 5, Eau Premiere is perfect for anyone who adores the original but who finds it too rich and too bombastic for use in the summer heat.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I love Eau Premiere even more than the original. To me, it smells like a glass of lemony champagne poured over powdered rose, jasmine, and sandalwood. If the original No. 5 is a luxurious cashmere, Eau Premiere is a gossamer-thin silk. Just the ticket for a lunch out with girlfriends on a hot day.

It's been reformulated, though. The first version, in the tall bottles, is the best, but is very difficult to find these days. The current version, housed in the more standard-issue Chanel square bottles (those tall bottles must have made the OCD folks at Chanel shudder every time they walked past a Chanel display in a department store), is closer to the original No. 5, and is all around a heavier, muskier, more abstract thing altogether.

I've been through a whole 150ml bottle of the original version, but now that I'm out, I'm not bothering with the new version. I'm done. Switching to 31 Rue Cambon instead from here on out.
21st June, 2015
Salutation.

Feelings of tenderness,self-worh and love.Chanel No°5 Eau Premiere is a fragrance that caresses the senses.the fresh, refined and tender interpretation of this scent can be described as precious,transparent and delicate.the composition is fresher and younger than the debut.it reminiscent of a spring's day awakened by a whiff of garden fresh jasmine and temptingly romantic bell-shaped yellow ylang-ylang.Ladylike,Clean, Inoffensive,Delicate, Refreshing,Elegant,Soapy, Romantic,Soft and Absolutely French.

It opening with a brilliant burst of energy in aldehydes and ylang ylang exquisitely laced with mouth-watering neroli.a generous dewy heart notes made up of fresh jasmine and the chic femininity of rose offers a creative floral aspect.the base is structured on creamy sandalwood resting on bed of addictive vanilla.overall effect is a unique feminine floral creation which purveys a cleanness and purity but with an underlying woody tenacity.the fragrance is soothing and makes you feel pampered.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.25/10
13th June, 2015
Wow, a flanker that finally makes sense.
Eau Première has made it possible for me to wear N°5. I was one of those who didn't get on with the original version. The aldehydes were extremely sneezy on me, a misery really. And I wasn't enchanted by it anyway. The floral-animalic mix was always a little funky on me.
I definitely smell the original in Eau Première, but the funky note never came out. It works, both as a spin-off and on it's own. It is light but elegant, sparkling, sophisticated, right for day or night.
Of course, I'm not getting the original N°5 experience with this, and I'm not won over by it because I can finally have that because I don't need it, and this isn't it. But the N°5 vibe is definitely there - the perfumer was able to lighten it to success. What I was looking for was a light fragrance with a classic sensibility, and I was looking to be beguiled. Eau Première did both and I think it's a winner. But saying this, it's hard to deny the power of the name. It's one downside is longevity. As everyone said it doesn't last much beyond 4 hours.
14th March, 2015 (last edited: 25th March, 2015)
rbaker Show all reviews
No. 5 light: similar aldehyde-neroli opening, the rose a bit less opulent, the same sandal and musky-vanilla towards the end - lovely, less grand but a less rich alternative. Enjoyable, moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on my skin. 4/5
08th January, 2015

Add your review of No. 5 Eau Première

Shop for No. 5 Eau Première products online

Shop for No. 5 Eau Première at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for No. 5 Eau Première

Member images of No. 5 Eau Première

There are no member images of No. 5 Eau Première yet. Why not be the first?