No. 5 Eau Première (2007)
by Chanel

No. 5 Eau Première information

Year of Launch2007

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 5 Eau Première

No. 5 Eau Première is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

No. 5 Eau Première fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 5 Eau Première

No. 5 Champagne
Is the secret weapon of
Bond girl Jasmine Woods.
26th September, 2017
Eau Premiere opens with bright, sparkling aldehydes, citrus and powdered ylang ylang. 10 - 15 minutes later the citrus disperses, a soft rose develops and the aldehydes and powder come forward. This softens pretty quickly (around 30-45 minutes) into mostly floral and powder with the once sparkling aldehydes now a shimmer in the background. It has a very floral/soapy feeling, very fresh and clean as if you just stepped out of the shower.

Sillage is moderate at around arms length and lasting power seems moderate at around 4-6 hours.

Overall, this is a beautiful fragrance. At times the aldehydes and powder can be a bit much, but it's still lovely. It has a fresh out of the shower feeling...very floral soap and dressing powder and a little champagne.
05th December, 2016
When the original version had just come out, I actually stopped a young woman in the street to find out what she was wearing - in her wake was the most airy, delicate, magical, unidentifiable floral, and I was confused when she said it was No. 5. I eventually figured out that it was a new release and tried it on myself, though it wasn't as fabulous on me, so I moved on.

I tried Eau Premiere again today, while trying the new L'Eau, and I didn't think that much of it while I was in the air-conditioned store. But about a half-hour later I was back out in the blazing, gritty heat, and it came wafting up to my nose like fairy dust and brought a gentle, civilizing tone to my hectic afternoon.

I came home with a big bottle!
30th September, 2016
An example of how small changes to a formula can bring a fragrance into line with modern tastes without damaging the beauty of a classic. Such a lovely fragrance!
28th January, 2016
I recognized this as similar to N° 5 at first sniff – must be the aldehydes… there’s quite of hit of it, but they don’t last long before the opening settles down to a more-modern-than-no. 5-tenor. The floral (rose and jasmine) heart is beautiful… and of the quality I would expect from Chanel. I think what makes the heart so outstanding is the influence of a delicate vetiver from the base upon the balanced, quality rose / jasmine accord. The base is a simple, clean vanilla and vetiver – excellent... might be a little too transparent for my tastes, still I cannot fault it. N° 5 Eau Premiere is simply beautiful and it's a more casual and wearable presentation of the original N° 5: This is how flankers should be made.
28th August, 2015
Simply a well re-orchestrated version of the great original with a reduced aldehydic/animalic presence, an equally woody-poudree-rosey exotic dry down but with this alluring long lasting soul full of bright-shimmering sharp floral sophistication (jasmine more than rose in this phase and "apparently" peony), a more angular-watery citric presence (sharp, vaguely bitter and sensual) and a fresher general aura (aromatic and spicy). Anyway, Eau Premiere preserves that "trademark" N. 5' s poudree-hesperidic-chypre (still rosey-soapy) chic aura which turned its predecessor out in to such a legendary way. Thumbs up.
30th June, 2015

Add your review of No. 5 Eau Première

Shop for No. 5 Eau Première products online

Shop for No. 5 Eau Première at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for No. 5 Eau Première

Member images of No. 5 Eau Première

There are no member images of No. 5 Eau Première yet. Why not be the first?