Tropical Vial (2007)

Average Rating:

Tropical Vial Fragrance notes

Mango, Jasmine, Basil, Botanical musk

Tropical Vial information

Tropical Vial is a women's fragrance by Strange Invisible Perfumes. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Tropical Vial

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

Tovah's avatar

I've been hearing about, and reading about Strange Invisible Perfumes for years. If I had heard more positive things, I'd have rushed immediately to the boutique and tried every scent. However, the majority of opinion on these fragrances has been so negative, I've actually been afraid to try them. I love the website, and the fragrance descriptions are fascinating. Yes, they're a bit melodramatic, but they're lyrical, and rich with atmosphere; which is what I want from perfumes. I've been disappointed with hundred of fragrances that sound preternaturally astounding, but wind up being air fresheners to cover cat litter box odor. Recently I've gotten so extremely sick of sniffing new fragrances that cause absolutely no emotional response, and so tired of smelling Dream Angels Heavenly EVERYWHERE, that I wanted to try new scents even if their aromas were so awful they knocked me unconscious. I'm excited and thrilled to report that Strange Invisible Perfumes appear to be the kind of fragrances I've been yearning to explore, and not in the "knocked unconscious" way! Those of us who are "scent addicts" understand that our link to everything we remember in life comes with a scent association. Our remembered scents evoke an atmosphere, rather than a rendering of perfectly pleasant smells. Alexandra Balahoutis, the perfumer of SIP, clearly feels this way as well. These perfumes aren't manufactured for people who want to smell as fresh and clean and balanced as their antiperspirant. These are perfumes for those of us who FEEL, live, and remember our lives through fragrance. As for Tropical Vial...Tropical Vial creates a vivid, unique atmosphere that makes me think of a cave I explored on the Big Island of Hawaii. The individual notes don't really matter...this fragrance smells like that place on that island. If I sniff hard and try to pick out notes, I get something that, for a second or two, makes me think of Un Jardin Sur le Nil. The scent then reminds me of jasmine and green teas flavored with fresh citrus rind. It's uplifting, and mesmerizing. Unfortunately this fragrance is very weak on my skin. There really isn't any sillage, which would be all right if it lasted longer. But after about two hours, I can't even smell this when vigorously sniffing my wrists. I'm going to see if this works better depending upon my body temperature, because I have a feeling it's going to bloom in extreme heat. I definitely recommend trying Tropical Vial if you like the mystery of the tropics!

09 August, 2008