L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille (2007)
by Guerlain

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille information

Year of Launch2007

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerJean Paul Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Guerlain say:

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a luminous fragrance: golden vanilla dazzles us with its multiple facets and incredible splendour, far from sweet and childlike insipidity. A stunning composition in which each raw material recalls the journey, the long crossings by boat, in which the wood of the hull melds with that of the rum barrels and spice boxes.

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Yummy vanilla. If you've ever smelled Nielsen-Massey's Vanilla Bean Paste, this is it in a perfume. Not at all over the top sweet, but a rich, as close to true scent as can be.
14th July, 2018
This is a very beautiful boozy rum and vanilla fragrance. I don't really detect anything else. It's quite boozy and the rum note is very apparent. It leans feminine but I like it a lot even as a guy. Sillage and longevity are both good. Very sweet and boozy.

4.5/5
22nd June, 2018
A little spice and smoke mixed with vanilla frosting. Definitely smells like a gourmand. Also reminds me of a vanilla candle burning. Most vanilla scents are unisex to me and this one is no different.

Seems best for cold months. Projects very well but isn't overly heavy. Longevity is also excellent.

03rd March, 2018
Deep, dark Vanilla...

Now, I must start by saying that I have tried the other fragrance that this is compared to, and I really can't find much difference between them! I'm referring of course to Le Couvent des Minimes - Cologne of the Missions.

What I will say, is that Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a much darker fragrance. The rum, balsams and tobacco really add depth to this fragrance. The performance and longevity are good and it lasts for most of the day with me (but is not the strongest). I don't find this one completely gourmand however. I think it's very wearable in many different scenarios (all year round).

I find the fragrance great for people who love the house of Guerlain as it has their signature vanilla accord. I think gourmand lovers would also like it as well, however for everyone else I think there are other fragrances that do what this does, and which come close to what this does, for less. In that regard, unless someone is a collector or a fan of Guerlain, I can't see this being worth a full purchase. I do recognise that this was a big hit for Guerlain and many people loved it when it came out, but I feel that gourmand and oriental fragrances now are diverse enough with vanilla that you can get more value for what you pay for in terms of a vanilla fragrance. It's a great fragrance though, that is for sure.
28th February, 2018
This is not your average sweet vanilla. The opening is weird, even off-putting. I thought my sample had gone wrong. Old vinegar, leather... But after reading the reviews, I know it isn't. Then it settles. It's vanilla maturated in rum maturated in wood. It smells so much like the real vanilla, but with a twist. I can't wait to get a full bottle. Longevity is good, sillage is moderate. And it does something great on me: I think it's gone, and then some minutes later I smell it intensely for one breath or two.
07th April, 2017 (last edited: 11th April, 2017)
A Dark, boozy & warm vanilla scent.

This is my favorite vanilla based fragrance.
This fragrance is not overly sweet as some other vanilla fragrances. It comes off slightly smoky, warm and boozy. there is a hint of pepper and smoke on top and some benzoin and woods in the base. the vanilla is present throughout the lifetime of the scent.
The longevity is excellent on this but the projection and silage are moderate.
Performance: 8/10

Overall score: 9.0/10
10th November, 2016

Add your review of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Shop for L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

There are no member images of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille yet. Why not be the first?

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille News