L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille (2007)
by Guerlain

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille information

Year of Launch2007

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerJean Paul Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Guerlain say:

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a luminous fragrance: golden vanilla dazzles us with its multiple facets and incredible splendour, far from sweet and childlike insipidity. A stunning composition in which each raw material recalls the journey, the long crossings by boat, in which the wood of the hull melds with that of the rum barrels and spice boxes.

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Top notch vanilla, makes me sneeze upon application, then all is sublime and blissful in the world. Smells like a wonderful cocoa.

Stays very close to the skin, I don't think I'm overwhelming anyone with waves of perfume, but I get whiffs throughout the time I wear it. Lasts till the next morning if applied at night, or all day, and if you spray into your hair/hairline around the neck, it'll be with you till you wash that area well.

I love it, and it was an immediate purchase for me.

Similar to Vaniglia del Madagascar by Farmacia SS. Annunziata, but better somehow. It's not just the price tag.
30th November, 2018
Sexy boozy vanilla, oozing class and sophistication.

Top notch. 5/5
16th November, 2018
Yummy vanilla. If you've ever smelled Nielsen-Massey's Vanilla Bean Paste, this is it in a perfume. Not at all over the top sweet, but a rich, as close to true scent as can be.
14th July, 2018
This is a very beautiful boozy rum and vanilla fragrance. I don't really detect anything else. It's quite boozy and the rum note is very apparent. It leans feminine but I like it a lot even as a guy. Sillage and longevity are both good. Very sweet and boozy.

4.5/5
22nd June, 2018
A little spice and smoke mixed with vanilla frosting. Definitely smells like a gourmand. Also reminds me of a vanilla candle burning. Most vanilla scents are unisex to me and this one is no different.

Seems best for cold months. Projects very well but isn't overly heavy. Longevity is also excellent.

03rd March, 2018
Deep, dark Vanilla...

Now, I must start by saying that I have tried the other fragrance that this is compared to, and I really can't find much difference between them! I'm referring of course to Le Couvent des Minimes - Cologne of the Missions.

What I will say, is that Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a much darker fragrance. The rum, balsams and tobacco really add depth to this fragrance. The performance and longevity are good and it lasts for most of the day with me (but is not the strongest). I don't find this one completely gourmand however. I think it's very wearable in many different scenarios (all year round).

I find the fragrance great for people who love the house of Guerlain as it has their signature vanilla accord. I think gourmand lovers would also like it as well, however for everyone else I think there are other fragrances that do what this does, and which come close to what this does, for less. In that regard, unless someone is a collector or a fan of Guerlain, I can't see this being worth a full purchase. I do recognise that this was a big hit for Guerlain and many people loved it when it came out, but I feel that gourmand and oriental fragrances now are diverse enough with vanilla that you can get more value for what you pay for in terms of a vanilla fragrance. It's a great fragrance though, that is for sure.
28th February, 2018

NEW Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz/75 ml L'Art et la Matiere

End Date: Friday Dec-14-2018 23:32:14 PST
Buy It Now for only: $385.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

New Guerlain MYRRHE & DELIRES from L'Art et la Matiere 2.5 oz/75 ml Discontinued

End Date: Friday Dec-14-2018 23:35:25 PST

New GUERLAIN L'ART ET LA MATIERE CUIR BELUGA EAU DE PARFUM 75 ML/2.5 OZ

End Date: Sunday Dec-30-2018 14:25:17 PST
Buy It Now for only: $375.00

Member images of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille

There are no member images of L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille yet. Why not be the first?

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille News