Spiritueuse Double Vanille (2007)
by Guerlain

Spiritueuse Double Vanille information

Year of Launch2007

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerJean Paul Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Guerlain say:

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a luminous fragrance: golden vanilla dazzles us with its multiple facets and incredible splendour, far from sweet and childlike insipidity. A stunning composition in which each raw material recalls the journey, the long crossings by boat, in which the wood of the hull melds with that of the rum barrels and spice boxes.

Spiritueuse Double Vanille fragrance notes

Reviews of Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a superb vanilla composition, occupying a space somewhat less boozy than Tauerville's Vanilla Flash but less floral than Dame Perfumery's Black Flower Mexican Vanilla.

I do get some incense and cedar but the other notes escape me. For me, SDV is overwhelmingly vanilla and it is the vanilla that shines through well into the dry down over any other aspects.

I agree with the consensus that this leans toward colder weather use, but it's the type of vanilla (not too gourmandish) that makes it accessible in warmer weather, as well, though I imagine fewer sprays are desired. Versatile as well in gender, while it seems to me marketed more toward women, this is surely unisex and a gem for men like me that enjoy sweeter fragrances in general and vanilla-based fragrances specifically.

Strong on projection and longevity, this is a classy expression of vanilla that needs to be tried, perhaps the best I've come across so far. Obviously pricier ($260 for 75ml) than brethren like Vanilla Flash ($63 for 30ml) or Dame BFMV ($65 for 50ml), SDV is worth trying to see if you prefer it.

9 out of 10
08th December, 2015
Salutation.

A elusive and heavy vanillic scent evoking thae juxtaposition of harmony with the intensity of recklessness.GUERLAIN capturing the creative dynamic and magnetic femininity of a modern woman.it is perfectly rich and irresistible scent.a must have for those addicted smoky vanilla and highly recommended if you need something unique.bold yet an elegant perfume at the same time in a special and intense composition. Glamorous,Seductive, Expensive,Deep, Smoky,Unisex,Sultry,Addictive,Wintry and Headstrong Passion.

Within the perfume,the spicy vibrant notes fuse with a dark, sensual and smoky vanilla to reveal a tenacious incense signature.incense remains the backbone of the perfume and allows the other notes to surround it.this perfume is great from start to finish to me as it has a mystery and insolent composition that has much more oomph than nowadays perfumes that often has just gorgeous packaging while the scents has another story. this EDP makes a lasting impression when you smell it on someone who is wearing it.an absolute stunning.

Sillage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10
13th June, 2015
A vanilla for vanilla lovers. Not one to convert the unbeliever, which I am. It had to show me something more... or richer...or deeper. Maybe in actuality, it needed to not be vanilla... The biggest problem is it didn't blossom on my skin. That factor is always variable, so I can't say it won't in the summer, in humidity. But I can say this isn't a winter fragrance for me. Which is exactly when I'd love to wear a rich delectable vanilla.
Because it didn't blossom the boozy note talked about became like the alcohol in a straight-up vanilla extract. So this vanilla went astray immediately into foody territory. And on my skin it never left it. What it ended up making me hungry for was complexity and skin. The end was the biggest disappointment of all - I hoped for depth and richness, but got cupcake. It lightened and brightened to a chid's version of the perfect comfort food. This fragrance is not for adults! Or at least not adults in cold climates. I think an oil base would make this blossom more, but there are vanillas I like more without having to doctor it.
While Jicky isn't strictly a vanilla fragrance, the vanilla comes out in it more in cold weather and the smellier notes lay down, and is simply smashing in winter. That is about as vanillic as I like to go, which probably means I don't care for fragrances built around vanilla. I kind of like the name though.
02nd February, 2015 (last edited: 04th April, 2015)
Very amazing personal scent.!!!
If you want to please yourself then this is the right choice !!!
Not a sillage bomb but yes the wearer will get the wift for almost 8-9 hours
Nice Perfume
05th November, 2014
Genre: Oriental

A big, cushy vanilla based scent from Guerlain’s premium line – what’s not to adore? I was prepared to swoon over Spiritueuse Double Vanille from the very first sniff, but guess what? I’m not buying it.

Why not? Well, the opening accord of miraculously dry vanilla and brisk pink peppercorns is arresting, but within minutes there appears a conspicuous, abrasive, sour note that reminds me much too closely of boiling vinegar. The impression on me is the olfactory equivalent of fingernails on a blackboard, and it’s just as intolerable. The nasty note does eventually go away, but it lingers far too long for my patience. The drydown, when it arrives is (what else?) a satin smooth vanilla and sandalwood blend that’s almost - but only almost – enough to make me forget the awkward middle movement. I know that Spiritueuse Double Vanille has found much love her on Basenotes, but I find it far less satisfying than its siblings Cuir Beluga and Bois d’Armenie.
03rd July, 2014
It is as it's name implies....double scoops of vanilla. It's more femme than masculine but I do love my vanillas and this one takes the cake. But dispite that it's mainly vanilla, it's really not that vanilla. There are some spices and boozy feel to it which makes this wearable on men (depending on whom though). The stranges thing about this one, you think it's gone but then it wiffs around and you will catch it here and there. Can come off powdery though so be aware of that if you don't like your fragrances powdery.
27th June, 2014

Add your review of Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Shop for Spiritueuse Double Vanille products online

Search Amazon for Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Member images of Spiritueuse Double Vanille

There are no member images of Spiritueuse Double Vanille yet. Why not be the first?