Spiritueuse Double Vanille (2007)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 288 ratings

Spiritueuse Double Vanille information

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Showing 1 to 6 of 55 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Oriental

A big, cushy vanilla based scent from Guerlain’s premium line – what’s not to adore? I was prepared to swoon over Spiritueuse Double Vanille from the very first sniff, but guess what? I’m not buying it.

Why not? Well, the opening accord of miraculously dry vanilla and brisk pink peppercorns is arresting, but within minutes there appears a conspicuous, abrasive, sour note that reminds me much too closely of boiling vinegar. The impression on me is the olfactory equivalent of fingernails on a blackboard, and it’s just as intolerable. The nasty note does eventually go away, but it lingers far too long for my patience. The drydown, when it arrives is (what else?) a satin smooth vanilla and sandalwood blend that’s almost - but only almost – enough to make me forget the awkward middle movement. I know that Spiritueuse Double Vanille has found much love her on Basenotes, but I find it far less satisfying than its siblings Cuir Beluga and Bois d’Armenie.

03 July, 2014

Dmotron's avatar

It is as it's name implies....double scoops of vanilla. It's more femme than masculine but I do love my vanillas and this one takes the cake. But dispite that it's mainly vanilla, it's really not that vanilla. There are some spices and boozy feel to it which makes this wearable on men (depending on whom though). The stranges thing about this one, you think it's gone but then it wiffs around and you will catch it here and there. Can come off powdery though so be aware of that if you don't like your fragrances powdery.

27 June, 2014

del's avatar

Spritueuse Double Vanille is an intoxicating, warm, sweet scent. It stays sweet, smooth, and boozy from the beginning – smells like a delicious cocktail of vanilla float and some liquor, then dries down to something like a vanilla/flour cupcake that my mother used to bake in the morning.

SDV is a well-rounded, resinous scent. It is soft, but a single spray to the neck really lasts, and the scent projects quite nicely. Guerlain brings sweet/vanilla scents to another level – SDV is a truly comforting scent and I love smelling it wafting off my skin. Sure the full bottle is pricey, but a small decant will last a long time.

16 February, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Boozy vanilla that is perfect for fall and winter. Received a sample a few days ago, and I will be purchasing a bottle of this in the near future. This one is perfect for those who feel Tobacco Vanille is a bit to strong. 8.5 out of 10

13 November, 2013

CaliDude's avatar

I was initially underwhelmed by SDV, but after sampling it again a few months later, I like it. However, it's too feminine for me and my wife agrees. That's why I think it'd be much better on a woman.

The scent is pretty much just naturally smelling sweet vanilla and stays that way throughout. I do get kind of a milky note which I'm not too fond of, but overall I would say I like smelling this fragrance on my wife.

This scent is reminiscent of a vanilla milk shake.

04 April, 2013

killerloop's avatar

Originally purchased decants for myself but this just fits perfectly on my lady. I can't get enough of it on her! This is what I call a divine vanilla experience. Gets the motor running.

28 March, 2013

Add your review of Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Search for on eBay United States

GUERLAIN * SPIRITUEUSE DOUBLE VANILLE * STUNNING SPLENDOR !!!
    • Time Left: 18 days