Tom Ford Extreme (2007)

PerfumerPierre Negrin
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tom Ford Extreme

Tom Ford Extreme is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Negrin

Reviews of Tom Ford Extreme

Tom Ford, I have only a faint idea of his role in fashion, but I know very well that he is a gift he is to perfumery. His oversight of the collection that bears his name has presented us with now dozens of first grade perfumes, many completely original, others classical in style but built with a lot of care and high quality ingredients. If I had to limit myself to one collection, or if a rich friend wanted a recommendation, the Tom Ford line would be my pick without a shadow of a doubt, with the MFK line a distant second.

And this Extreme edition in the regular line is signature worthy for the accomplished businessman, an opulent yet conservative blend that is true to the note pyramid. Dark dried fruits over a collection of my favorite masculine notes with rum thrown it. There was always a danger that the notes would deliver something too dense, to heavy. Certainly the opening is just that. But there is enough counterbalance to open up the heavy, sweet and boozy notes after 45 minutes.

On the issue of longevity, what is clear is the regular 4 sprays that so many on Basenotes are fond of (in case they are identified as a fragrance wearer in a public space) will not cut it here. The reason is that the sprayer on this bottle delivers a 3rd of the volume of most sprays. So yes, you need 3 spritzes on the same spot to achieve a proper single spray. That skin scent that lingers will now project enough for this to be an excellent personal fragrance. Then you can sit back and enjoy this incredible fragrance's development.
22nd November, 2016
I give this a slight thumbs up. The positive.... the juice smells great. I find it to have a slight barbershop quality on my skin which is a good thing. It morphs into a light sweet skin scent that lasts around four hours with four sprays. The negative? Four sprays for four hours of longevity... and it's even called "Extreme". IF you can find it for a decent price then go for it.

Update 12/12/16
After multiple wearings I find this scent to be an absolute winner in all respects. This is a must have IMO. Enjoy!

Update 4/19/17 (For what it's worth....)
Yesterday I noticed that this juice is similar (80%-85% or so) to On El by Jesus del Pozo. It doesn't have the depth of Tom Ford nor the sillage but on initial spray and at the dry down these are similar to my nose.
15th November, 2016 (last edited: 20th April, 2017)
A smooth chocolate and leather with a touch of spices and woods. Pretty nice fragrance IMO. Like the caramel background in this. 7/10
16th October, 2016
My oldest son hit it right on the head and described it as smooooooth. Definitely a fall winter fragrance for me. Smokey and dark but has a buttery smooth vibe to it.
08th October, 2015
Holy Patchouli!

Designed for the outdoorsy gentleman. One of my best buddies wears this as his signature and it is a warm, comforting fall/wintertime scent. If you're gonna wear this one it should be your signature. You either pull it off or you don't. I am one of those that does not, but I love the fragrance. The notes that stand out the most to me are patchouli, vanilla, and the fir balsam. I would wear this one to a dinner party in the wintertime, or maybe on a ski trip. Every cabin out in the woods/mountains should come with a bottle of this. Some women could pull it off. 9/10.

Also, they should make a candle with this frag.
03rd September, 2015
playing with gasoline/leather accord with chocolate hints in the opening..needs ultra over application since lacks sillage and duration.....
11th February, 2015

Add your review of Tom Ford Extreme

Shop for Tom Ford Extreme products online

Shop for Tom Ford Extreme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tom Ford Extreme

Member images of Tom Ford Extreme

There are no member images of Tom Ford Extreme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tom Ford Extreme