I am King (2008)

Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies > M.A.C

About I am King

I am King is a masculine fragrance by Sean John. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of I am King

I could not undesrtand why this was winner oscar fifi awards 2009!Yes i believe in is OK but not a particulary great.

Top notes full of citrus fruity.the base notes is soft on my is like a smile on a young boys of the positive thing about is that it is extremely lovely for girls!

Also is romantic and Good choice for intimate occasions in summer nights.the longevity is average on my skin.anyway not king and not unique for me.

08th June, 2015
I am King is a bonafide fruit punch. The opening is a short blast of cranberry, but after about a minute it really just smells like Kenneth Cole Black, which is a mango fruity dominated fragrance. It smells like a better version of Kenneth Cole Black, as Black gets too synthetic in smell, with chemical accords causing it to just smell bad. I am King actually smells good. Another thing that comes to mind is Spree candies. Ya guys remember those? They had a hard sweet shell and a sour inside. That is what I get here, a sweet outside with a sour inside. Usually sour in perfume doesn't work for me, but it actually smells pretty good here.

Longevity is about 4-6 hours for me, usually on the higher side of 6, which isn't too shabby. Projection is just right, not too little, not too much. Perfect scent for an office setting, or just running errands.
27th March, 2015
Genre: Woods

You sure about that? Because I think minor aristocracy is a stretch for this banal brew.

The opening salvo is a repellant isopropyl alcohol and bathroom cleaner accord that’s trying to be lime and failing miserably. Truly some of the most detestable top notes I’ve encountered in a while. The aquatic cucumber and Calone that follow are merely dull and clichéd, so I guess they represent a step up. The scent pyramid talks dessert, but there’s nothing remotely appetizing about the chlorinated pool at I Am King’s heart.

The only distinguishing characteristic I can detect is an acerbic (and unlisted) herbal note suggestive of cilantro, and I have to work hard to find even that. I Am King dries down to the predictable common denominator of all “fresh, sport” fragrances since about 1992, and doesn’t disappear quickly enough for my liking. Sean John’s first fragrance was “Unforgivable,” but this one is irredeemable. Pimping this kind of detritus on cosmetics shelves may mark a new high in contempt for the consumer.
16th June, 2014
Nice, but doesn't last

I like the fruity opening and the scent itself is quite nice. I just don't like how it dies within 20-30 minutes and is barely a skin scent.

Pros: Nice scent.... when its actually there
Cons: Longevity, Sillage, Projection, Scent Life"

11th September, 2013
I enjoy the fruity/metallic combination upon application however after two hours, its gone and I've never received any compliments on this fragrance. This cologne should cost $25.00 max (for the Big Bottle.) Thumbs down!
21st March, 2013
This should have been named I am weak.... I clearly do not understand what these celebrity's are trying to accomplish in the perfume industry. Nothing more needs to be said....
10th March, 2013

Add your review of I am King

Shop for I am King products online

Shop for I am King at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for I am King

Member images of I am King

There are no member images of I am King yet. Why not be the first?