Infusion d'Homme (2008)

HousePrada
PerfumerDaniela Andrier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Infusion d'Homme

Infusion d'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Prada. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Infusion d'Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Infusion d'Homme

My take on Infusion d'Homme is that it is basically Prada Amber pour Homme (2006), but made less feminine.

What's interesting is that the note profiles listed for both scents are totally different, yet once you smell them both, there is no denying their similarities. It lists "clean notes" and "powdery notes" as actual ingredients, and I would say that along with galbanum, benzoin, and iris, that's what's driving this train. Like Amber pour Homme, this also has the soap-vibe going on, but it's more restrained than the former. Amber would be more the "perfumed decorative soap," and this would be more of a "utility soap," and that's where my issue lies. I can't help but be reminded of the type of low-grade soap and cleaners that they used in my high school art class when I smell this. Norlimbanol seems to be in there, giving this that "scratchy" effect that I have never enjoyed, and it makes this a scent that comes off as something manufactured trying to come across as high class. It's high-end industrial soap trying to pass itself off as luxurious. That's the most apt way I can put it.

Just like Amber pour Homme has its fans, this also has its fans, and they're most likely one and the same. Amber pour Homme was a confused fragrance that seemed to be playing with the idea of androgyny, as it was, to me, neither masculine nor feminine, and purposely so. Infusion is less feminine, but certainly not a "manly" scent by any means. I would choose this one over Amber, but I would choose almost anything over either. I don't think that this scent is bad in and of itself, I just don't like it. I'll give it a neutral, as giving this a thumbs down seems a bit harsh.

Neutral, but I'd pass on this for sure.
04th September, 2019
Now that the dust has settled on the first decade of this century, I find it easier to think about Infusion d'Homme in relation to what it captures for me, and how much I've remembered it. Among mainstream releases marketed to men, it is one of the best of that decade. I recall trying it many times at stores together with other perfumes, and its smell was always lost on the test strip: I simply couldn't smell anything in the olfactory cacophony of other perfumes sprayed in the same environment.

A few years down the line I tried it from a small decant, received due to the courtesy of a Basenotes friend. I was struck by its soft-hazy yet clear form. It reminded me of Mugler Cologne because of the soap; however, while Mugler was fun and uplifting, Infusion d'Homme was sombre and introspective. I found it to bear some similarities with Bois d'Argent, in part because of the iris and the myrrh, and in part because of their personalities. Years later when I'd sampled Iris de Nuit, I found they sometimes speak in the same language, but always tell different stories. Infusion d'Homme was always compared to Prada Amber pour Homme, and they had many similarities, both being fresh, interesting and reminiscent of soap, but with one key difference: Amber pour Homme was warm and friendly, while Infusion d'Homme was cool and aloof.

If you like Christian Dior's aesthetic of pale greys and pastel pinks, Infusion d'Homme could be for you. I find it soft yet gently persistent, with notes of clean iris, a light and moody incense, and a touch of myrrh; they together manage to create something airy, and an accord that is a dead ringer for soap. A good quality bar of white soap; very simple but quintessentially chic and androgynously beautiful. Yet, the most unique feature of this scent is its subtlety, and that, it is inoffensive and always appropriate; and another very interesting aspect is that it is clean, soapy yet shyly sensuous and intimate, while completely shunning any conventional notes used for such effects. On my skin it sits quietly with soft occasional wafts, and duration is moderate at about six hours. It's been one of my most worn scents, and it's been uplifting in the heat and comforting when cold.

I once read a comment on a blog post about Infusion d'Homme: "young people, especially single, could use this". For some reason, those words have stayed with me; maybe because I did use it quite a bit in my twenties. These days I find it more calming than before; it reminds me of the cacophony that it got drowned in, and I connect it to the cacophony of a world that gets messier each day. It doesn't solve life's problems, but it is comforting. If I weren't nuts, I'd have worn it everyday.

4.5/5

P.S. Infusion d'Homme has been discontinued. I have tried Infusion d'Iris Cedre on paper and on skin, and it is at least 98% identical. I attribute the difference of 2% to my vivid imagination. The prices are not identical.

25th November, 2018
Infusion d homme ,one of the best last 15 years ,unisex ,not much mascoline but it's very good.Great iris and oliban,benzoin ,vetiver and in the end powdery notes.
31st October, 2018
Hmmm...at first, I was a bit turned off by the seeming unisexual quality of the scent. Not that I've never liked unisex, but this one was clearly labeled as a male fragrance at the Sephora shelf it sat on, and it felt like it was misplaced by the staff.

But I gave it time, trying a sample outside of the store to get a better, more private, experience of Infusion d'Homme. It is a clean, soap-like iris-powdery-neroli scent that really does come across as more masculine than I had first imagined; don't get me wrong though, this one CAN be enjoyed by ladies, incidentally.
02nd October, 2018
A bit of a strange one for me. I was about to write a critical piece bemoaning the milksoppiness of this supposed masculine, not to mention the dismal performance. And yet after some hours, the drydown comes through comprises a quite decent cedar and sandalwood combination. So a bit of a mixed bag, but if you like the idea of Prada, are prepared to wait and bit and not think too much, this may be a (barely) acceptable option for you.
08th August, 2018
Dislike this fragrance a lot. Soapy, very powdery and too much iris making it feel very feminine. Very similar to MFK Absolue Pour le Matin which I also dislike...yuck!
13th October, 2017

Add your review of Infusion d'Homme

Shop for Infusion d'Homme products online

Shop for Infusion d'Homme at online perfumeries

Prada Milano Infusion D'Homme Eau de Toilette .27 Oz Mini Cologne 8 ml NEW BOXED

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 16:26:46 PST

Infusion D'homme by Prada 8.5 oz / 250 ml shower gel

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 11:50:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $56.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Prada Infusion D'Homme Men Eau de Toilette Splash Miniature 0.27 oz - New in Box

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 17:17:21 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

PRADA Milano Infusion D'HOmme 6.75 oz (200mL) Eau de Toilette Tester Spray - New

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 0:22:15 PST
Buy It Now for only: $168.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

NEW PRADA EAU DE TOILLETTE Infusion D'Iris, POUR HOMME, EDP LA FEMME, L'EAU AMBR

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 9:43:57 PST

Prada Infusion D'homme By Prada Unbox 6.7oz/ 200 ml Edt Spray Men New No Box

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 5:22:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $149.30
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Prada Milano Infusion D' Homme Giftset for Men (3.4 oz EDT + 3.4 oz Aftershave)

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 13:11:19 PST