Evening Edged in Gold (2008)
by Ineke

Evening Edged in Gold information

Year of Launch2008

HouseIneke
PerfumerIneke Rühland

About Evening Edged in Gold

Evening Edged in Gold is a feminine perfume by Ineke. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ineke Rühland

Evening Edged in Gold fragrance notes

Reviews of Evening Edged in Gold

A fruity, darkish floral and nutty beginning. An odd heart with a food-like saffron accord. Sweet wood note. The saffron dominates here. Leather creeps in at the base. Later, an exotic wood feel. Rather ordinary, for my taste.
13th October, 2018
The leathery "oriental" perfume of the Ineke line. To my nose, it's based on ionone violets, sharp and sweetly floral on top with rich suede underneath. The violet on top is candied with raspberry, while iris and musk add depth to the base. There's also a slug of that doughy element made famous by Mitsouko, paired with a pinch of retro-style clove. There's also a background floral quality running underneath everything.

It's interesting - there are elements in here that very much call to mind a traditional Cuir de Russie, paired with elements that remind me of classics like L'Heure Bleue, but there's something about Evening Edged In Gold that smells completely modern despite its classic references. Perhaps it's the lack of powder or the modern floral at the core (instead of the chypre elements you'd find in an older perfume), but this feels somehow minimalist despite its complexity. I can see how that could put off vintage perfume fanatics, but I can also see this opening it up to younger audiences. As an aside, this is what I keep hoping those Guerlain Petite Robe Noir flankers are going to smell like...
04th July, 2018
This is a pleasant enough scent and I can't really find anything wrong with it, but I don't really like it.

The beginning is "perfumey" a blend of florals and something else, none of which I could really identify.

After that there is an absolutely beautiful floral that distinguishes itself. My nose identified it as jasmine, but I could see how it could be osmanthis. Followed by a nicely blended patchouli with some sweet notes and a bit of amber.

And then it gets perfumey again.

I think that this might be the type of fragrance that really blooms on the right skin, so I suggest everyone try it. I'm not sure if it's my body chemestry or just a style of blending that I don't care for here.
16th October, 2016
I actually grow the plant Zaluzianskya Capensis, called Midnight Candy, celebrated in this perfume. It is the highpoint of a walk we take each night to go smell the night blooming flowers before bed and definitely front and center in this frag, so I had to have it. Evening Edged in Gold acts like night blooming flowers while wearing, too-it wafts up in delicate waves when you have forgotten it was there and is transporting. It remains pretty close to the skin otherwise so I tend to apply more of it than I would most, but really out sheer greed for I am a crepuscular creature.
23rd September, 2014
Mild-mannered candied abstract floral with something vegetal pulsing in the background that lifts it slightly above the banal. Coming across like the misbegotten child of Miracle and Calyx, it’s wan, sickly, lacking in exuberance; I’ll pass.
10th February, 2014
cello Show all reviews
This is a soft, subtle floral fragrance. The osmanthus is there from the start to set the stage, and I have no idea what "angels trumpet" smells like per the notes. But I do get a soft osmanthus based floral which gains some unmph from a very prominent cinnamon note. I love cinnamon! and it was very smooth and well integrated. As the drydown approaches this fragrance gets richer, and almost ends up with a soft incense smell. Midnight candy, leather and woods are the final base notes listed - but I just smell a soft incense floral. I would have liked a more forceful ending, but there is a faint suede, gold smell that brings this to a close.
Overall, soft floral with spices, with the whole affair getting a nice, rich ending - but still fairly faint to me. I do think it matches it's name, as it does have a gold tinge to it, and was certainly interesting throughout.
26th May, 2011

Add your review of Evening Edged in Gold

Shop for Evening Edged in Gold products online

Ineke EVENING EDGED IN GOLD EDP Perfume 5 ml Travel Spray Plum Osmanthus Leather

End Date: Friday Apr-26-2019 14:40:05 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.97
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Ineke Evening Edged In Gold for Women 2.5 oz 75 ml EDP NIB

End Date: Friday May-10-2019 0:12:44 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $132.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Evening Edged in Gold

There are no member images of Evening Edged in Gold yet. Why not be the first?