Deseo (2008)

PerfumerJames Krivda
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Deseo

Deseo is a feminine perfume by Jennifer Lopez. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers James Krivda and Ellen Molner

Reviews of Deseo

Interesting and better than expected

There has only been one Jennifer Lopez fragrance which I have liked so far. All of the others have been way too sweet and young for my liking. That number has now increased to two which I quite like.

I find I disagree with many other reviews on here. Though it is only my humble opinion I find this fragrance very sweet, although I agree it is strangely in a way which I don't mind. Usually I can't stand overly sweet fragrances. This one is right on the edge but for some reason it's ok. It's not to sophisticated. It's playful and young but you couldn't call it classy. I also wouldn't say it's unisex. It's far too sweet for that.

There is a lot of coconut going on here which normally I dislike but in this case it's not that bad. Saying that it is what cheapens it a bit. It projects nicely without being overpowering but it really doesn't last long. For me that's good because while I like it, I do think the sweetness could become too much after a while.

This is certainly a summer fragrance and better suited to young women but it's really quite nice.

27th July, 2013
I tried this scent today while passing by in a store.

I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised to have found it; the scent is very nice!

It starts with a bamboo citrus accord that is uplifting and exciting; within 20 minutes you get a floral heart accord which is also lovely but not overtly sweet; the drydown is yet to come and am looking forward to the oakmoss and musk that I have read about from previous reviews.

Big thumbs up!
20th November, 2012
I really liked this perfume. It's floral and sweet without being too teeny and sickening. I can imagine this fragrance appealing to women and not just little girls. I actually find this fragrance quite sophisticated and versatile. It could blend well into any situation, whether it be a casual outing or a special occasion. However the scent is not long-lasting, so I find that to be this scent's only downfall.

26th April, 2011
CoL Show all reviews
This is lovely stuff. A nice subtle tropical fruity type scent. Rather unisex but I say that about most fragrances as I really don't care what lable the marketers put on it. Citrus followed by a tropical fruit accord with a tiny touch of coconut. Really lovely and mega cheap now! The bottle is so tacky it's cool!
02nd December, 2010
Noraed Show all reviews
Generally it smells citrusy and musky. But it’s defiantly sophisticated.
It is not a brilliant creation but it is nice for a change.

It is a Floral - Woody Musk type of perfume.
It begins with a citrusy, orange, and green scent then ends with a woody and musky scent.

It is a good choice if you want to change from sweet and floral smelling perfumes.
Recommendable for people who are into musky and citrusy scents.
12th November, 2009
I agree with the beachy comments. This is a light, unprepossessing fragrance with coconut and beach traits. I wore it occasionally in the summer. Not too overpowering, not too remarkable, but very wearable and pleasant.
25th October, 2009

Add your review of Deseo

Shop for Deseo products online

Shop for Deseo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Deseo

Member images of Deseo

There are no member images of Deseo yet. Why not be the first?