Aqua pour Homme Marine (2008)
    by Bulgari

Reviews of Aqua pour Homme Marine

Showing 1 to 6 of 67 reviews.

Tmoran's avatar
    Tmoran

let me first state that I wanted to love this one. And oddly enough I did. Let me explain. I have a fear this stuff has been reformulated and possibly several times. I first smelled this at a macys. I sprayed my wrist and a white tester panel card and carried that with me as I went about my business in the mall. I would periodically check the card and my wrist to see how the fragrance was developing. IMHO it was amazing. Nice and fresh with a decent citrus opening that died down into a very pleasing easy on the nose scent.

Then I bought a bottle and all went downhill. The opening was identical. That nice citrus blast was there but then something very synthetic and offensive crept up. The only other scented product I have smelled it in was the fresh cotton linen (?) scent from bath and body works. This note is so offensive and off putting that I literally have a bout of nausea everytime I smell it and I literally cannot get it off of me fast enough. Its a shame because it starts with such promise and just fades into a nightmare for the nose. Oddly enough I went to an Ulta and I tried their tester. This bottle was even worse than the bottle I bought. I dont know if the tester was old but it smelled nothing like the one I bought or tested. It had a rancid smell. I was expecting pacific ocean and got LA river. I would avoid this one for the inconsistencies alone.

19 February, 2014

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The opening is a nice olfactory marine beach scene: aquatic with seaweed, a slightly salty note and a fresh grapefruit with neroli. Nonetheless I don't get a fresh opening blast, more a gentle fresh breeze. There is not much development on my skin, apart from light wood added at the end, like drifting onto the beach. The overall impression is nice, well made, a tad generic and synthetic but not overly so. Adequate silage and projection with a longevity of four hours, which is very good for such a type of scent. Not exciting, not special but solid and summery.

27 January, 2014

randydjack's avatar
    randydjack

Of all the Bvlgari releases, this has to be my favorite. It was also the favorite of those around me.

It smells like unadulterated Aquatic. Where other marine scents often find themselves cloyingly synthetic, or a bit on the "what your margarita on the beach" smells like, Aqua pour Homme Marine smells like the ocean. Like, with a bit of that seaweed sitting out in the sun for a tick ocean.

The sillage was right and consistent. Longevity as well. It didn't exhaust my nose, and I could catch it on myself a good 8 hours following application.

A definite winner.

20th January, 2014

Adama's avatar
    Adama

Aqua Marine is a very "watery" scent.

It opens with lemon-mint-sea-water, which is actually very nice and gave me a lot of hope for the scent.

The top notes fade into the conventional cucumber-melon smell we all know, maybe with a bit of ozone that keep the nostrils tingling.

The cucumber-melon quickly transitions into dominating florals, which completely hijack what has been a fairly nice scent so far, and man are they strong. I cannot believe that this transition isn't mentioned more often in regards to this fragrance, but it was unsubtle that my girlfriend went from saying "Mmm, that's nice!" to "That smells like something a woman would wear... but not me."

Towards the end of it's modest life, Aqua Marines floral notes are paired with something a bit muskier, which is interesting but still doesn't make up for the carpet being pulled out from beneath what could have been a nice, though nothing to get excited over, cologne.

I plan on trying out Aqua PH, maybe the Toniq version as well to try and recapture the lemon-mint notes.

23 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 22 January, 2014)

Alexey's avatar
    Alexey
    Germany Germany

It is fresh. That's all you need on a hot summer day or on one of those days when you want to have a stress-free workday. I simply love it.

04 May, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

this is good although i prefer the original. nice summer time fresh clean scent. hints of cucumber and seaweed also make it a bit greener than the original. very inoffensive and casual.

28 April, 2013