Black Diamond (2007)

Black Diamond Fragrance Notes

Black Diamond information

Black Diamond is a men's fragrance by Canali. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Black Diamond

Showing 1 to 6 of 23 reviews.
    positive 14 Positive Reviewsneutral9 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

lespritz's avatar

I don't feel my nose is incorrect in thinking that the original Canali, Canali Summer Night and Canali Black Diamond smell pretty much the same. The bottles are seemingly the only difference. The only cologne offering that smells different by Canali is Canali Style. This one doesn't smell bad, but having owned the original Canali, and currently the Summer Night one, I don't notice too much variation, regardless of what the notes listed are.

16 December, 2011

Darvant's avatar

An unluckily discontinued blend of fruits ( we must underline the notable strong orangy-neroli accord and the peaches) greens, sweet spices, nocturnal flowers, woods and synthetic suede in the way the outcome is a delicious silky orangy-leathery fragrance with nuances of melon, peaches and jasmine. The chord of orange, grapefruit, bergamot, sandalwood and cedarwood reminds me a bit the starting stage of Roma Uomo which is finally more vanillic and resinous while Black Diamond ends more leathery. The final floral smoothness reminds me a bit Jasmine Noir that is less fruity and masculine. The final accord of cedarwood, vetiver, amber and tonka enhances the virility of the juice and the grapefruit, bergamot and violet presence is not as angular to compromise the final silkiness. Pleasant for leisure time at evening in the spring time.

05 October, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 October, 2011)

Orpheus99's avatar

I really like this one. Has a lot going on. There are lots of notes you can pick out if you try, but my main impression is: sweet, floral, fruity, bright, and yet still somewhat masculine in character. Perhaps it's the leather and/or woods that keep it from tipping into feminine territory. Unlike the other Canali scents I have tried, this one has good projection and longevity. I think it would be easy to overdo this one, since it is a jump out and grab you type fragrance. This one struck the right chords with me, however if you are sweet averse, you might want to steer clear of Black Diamond. Grade: A

06 August, 2011

Aiona's avatar

I'd have to agree with Mario_Justiniani. Its name really doesn't describe what it smells like. "Acqua of Assorted Melons with Subdued Spices" really does sound about right. It's a foody perfume to me. Lemon & spices in the opening (the lemon smell being the bergamot, I guess). Drydown is very foody. It's not particularly soapy. Spices and fruit. Maybe a leathery-like smell.

I'd compare it to Carven Homme, except I gave my sample away. There's no honey note in Black Diamond, which is something I do get from Carven Homme.

It's been 7 hours since I applied Black Diamond, and it's still putting forth a little bit of sillage. I like it. Would I buy it? Probably not. If I did buy something like this, I'd probably do Carven Homme instead, even though Carven Homme has patchouli, and I don't detect any patchouli in Black Diamond. Why would I choose something with patchouli (a note I usually detest) over something that doesn't have it? Well, perhaps Carven Homme has a little more projection. I have to really sniff my arm to know I'm wearing Black Diamond at 7 hours. Carven Homme was projecting, even at 10 hours.

09 March, 2011

digger51's avatar

I find nothing about this scent to get excited about and I find nothing about this scent that is nausiating. It is middle of the road with everything thrown in. The opening is powerful and confusing. The middle is nice with violet and wood, but nothing really special. The bottom is woodsy/musky, but not the best of that genre. I have to say, "no" to being part of my collection but I can not say do not buy it, you might like it.

10th January, 2011

The_Cologneist's avatar

Way too many notes to break apart what specifically is noticeable. But, I can confidentially say that the opening is reminiscent of Polo Sport, then as it dries a little, it becomes less boring and a little more distinguished with its noticeable leather note/accord along with the violet. These are which stand out the most to me, but as others have said it's blended together very smoothly so that you can't so much break it into individual notes. It's like a fruit punch mixed with leather and a little bit of florals, then some spice, then some woods.. You get a little bit of everything here. Quite nice, but ultimately boring and generic. Seems copied a million times, and surely will be, a million more. Worth a try but not bottle worthy imo.

Update: Black Diamond is very similar to Usher for men, only more potent. If you like Usher, but it doesn't last on you, go with this, you won't be disappointed.

18 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 12 February, 2013)

Add your review of Black Diamond