• Launched: 2007

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 15 ratings

Aegean Fragrance Notes

Aegean information

Aegean is a unisex fragrance by Neil Morris Fragrances. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Aegean

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

Amos Jolthead's avatar

The top notes of Aegean are very pleasant. It is primarily citrus, but you can also notice the basil a bit in the background. The middle notes are pretty strong too. I can smell both the lavendar and the quince.
    It is the base notes that I take a bit of an issue with, but I imagine I am alone in this respect. It's amazing how smells trigger our memory as well as our other senses. For as long as I can remember, my grandfather has had a certain bottle of cologne or aftershave sitting on his dresser (who knows, it could be literally the same bottle). And this aftershave or cologne smells just like the base notes of Aegean - I think probably more the sandalwood and the musk (I'm not sure what benzoin smells like). I do not particularly like the smell, so that is why I am not crazy about the base notes of Aegean. However, it does remind me of my grandfather, and so, it gives me fond memories and means it's not something to cavil about.

20th November, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

I find it difficult to talk about this scent. It's nice at first but turns really sour on me. A little floral and musk but I get nothing else.

29 September, 2009

odysseusm's avatar

What a disappointment! It simply doesn't work on my skin. The ingredients looked so promising. The style (Mediterranean, garrigue) seemed ideal. However, this scent sits like a muddled lump on me. No bracing citrus, no greenish basil (flower or herb), no aromatic lavender. On me, it is not delicate or translucent, it is thick and indeterminate with no stages that I can detect. And what do I get? A fairly sweet benzoin/vanilla and musk drydown. Failed potential.

03 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 22 July, 2011)

Aiona's avatar

Aegean and Drifting both remind me of Smarties -- those little pastel-coloured candies that come rolls covered by see-through cellophane wrap, and twistie-tied at each end. I guess because both Aegean and Drifting contain "mandarin." It must be the citrus I'm smelling there.

But Drifting and Aegean part ways after that, because while Drifting is a sweet innocent baby-oil and Smarties scent, Aegean smells like Smarties and MUSK. Sexy Smarties. That's Aegean.

After about 2-3 hours it dries down with something like lavender and soapy smell. Maybe some vetiver?

Longevity was kind of poor for me. By 6 hours it was long gone. I guess I'd like it much more if it lasted longer

24 October, 2008

Nukapai's avatar

A gorgeous pool boy who wore Kouros yesterday. Very nice men's fragrance - perhaps it could also work on a woman, but my mind is firmly transported to glowing pecks.

10th August, 2008

Opening: Light and airy, the opening is dominated by a citrus – mandarin – with an even lighter touch of the basil flower. Unless I haven’t been paying attention, the use of the basil flower in fragrance is new to me. I’ve always admired the smell of basil flowers but never thought they were solid enough for a fragrance – I’ve misjudged. The opening is sheer and subtle and extremely appealing. The middle notes are very different from the opening ones. Where the opening is citrus and slightly floral, the middle takes on a modern neutral texture with a highly modified lavender accord, and very gradually the quince claims its part in this lavender accord, causing the lavender to slowly lose its neutrality to take on the beautifully refined quince note. The middle accord is almost as transparent as the opening – beautifully refined and compulsively sniffable. I had to wait a long time for the base to show up. The base is very gentle and quite pleasant, but perhaps not as unique as the top levels, which is exactly what I would expect in a fragrance this light and delicate. It’s a very good drydown and lasts quite long for a fragrance like this. Aegean is a totally impressive fragrance – thumbs way up.

14 March, 2008 (Last Edited: 08 April, 2008)

Add your review of Aegean