Afire (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseNeil Morris Fragrances
PerfumerNeil Morris

About Afire

Afire is a shared / unisex perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Neil Morris

Afire fragrance notes

Reviews of Afire

I consider Affire to be mainly a citrusy scent with gourmand, oriental, and incense notes supporting it. The opening begins with a not so fresh sparkly citrusy note which in a way reminds me of a orange soft drink. After an hour the citrusy notes mellow out and notes of caramel, cinnamon, and vanilla begin to come through changing the scent into a fruity, spicy, and gourmand scent. After three hours the incense note becomes noticeable. I did not detect a woodsy note in this scent. Aside from the first hour the scent remains quite linear throughout its duration. Longevity is fairly good lasting a good 10 hours while the silage remains decent for the first 2-3 hours before becoming a skin scent for the remaining time. The best time to wear this would be in fall and winter.
Affire does seem rather appropriate for the holiday settings IMO particularly around Thanksgiving (here in the US) and Christmas. Iím reminded of huge family Xmas gatherings that involve the passing of countless dishes at a large dinner in the dining room. This is immediately followed by gift exchanges in the living room with a roaring fire in the fireplace and a Xmas tree that projects aromas as well as the burning of spicy oriental candles.
Finally, I was disappointed with the scent overall. I was expecting a lot more from this fragrance after spending time reading up on Afire prior to wearing it. Initially I was pleased based on how the scent reacted to my skin during the opening. The opening was bright and refreshing and got my attention but that soon came to pass. As I said earlier, the scent becomes quite linear and little development was noticed after the first hour. I had trouble smelling it after the first several hours if I didnít put my nose close to my wrist. Although I wonít say this is a terrible scent, this is clearly something that isnít for me.
13th August, 2016
I could not get enough of this stuff. One of my favorite fragrances. Opening is citrus, but IMO is dominated by the middle notes of the berries and caramel. Base notes are a wonderful conclusion to this fragrance with the Frankincense and Wood making a nice mixture. The longevity of this is outstanding, lasting over 12 hours. It is very powerful, as well. I had a sample of this and sprayed a bit into the cap of the sample. Anytime I opened the sample to take a whiff, just the little bit in the sample wafted throughout the room and stayed quite a long time. The name, I think fits, but I'm not sure I can explain why. The fragrance isn't spicy, or hot, per se, but there's something about it that's kind of warm....like a fire that's not blazing anymore but is still warm below the surface. Outstanding.
12th December, 2011 (last edited: 14th December, 2011)
This is one of more odious scrubbers Iíve come across recently. Buttery caramel-vanilla notes dominate, in fact thatís all I get from beginning to end. A very sweet, persistent, cloying candy smell. Bleccch! Whereís the wood and frankincense? I donít like it on me, I wouldnít like it on anyone else.
29th September, 2009
Does not agree with me at all! The burning sensation gets to me and the very very fizzy citrus note is too much. Then it turns into a fizzy milky berry and praline like accord. The feeling of sour apples cannot leave my skin for this. From NM's website, this is the scent of passion... I'd be turned off my someone wearing this.
13th September, 2009
Afire is one of the most intriguing, irresistible perfumes I have smelled in a long time. It has top notes of orange and cinnamon which are reminiscent of the smell of really good homemade Christmas potpourri containing masses of dried orange peel. Then, the luscious buttery, salty caramel notes appear and I am reminded, of all things, of Diorama which is a fruity chypre. My guinea pig boyfriend took the obligatory sniff and said "incense" which I don't get at all, but frankincense is one of the listed notes so maybe the boyfriend is on to something. Last of all, the sillage is outstanding. I sprayed Afire on a scent strip and found it in my purse 3 days later with a very recognizable smell. I am enjoying Afire so much that I want to eat my wrist (and coming from an avowed non-gourmand, this should tell you something)!

Here are Afire's notes, per Neil Morris' website: Citrus, berries, caramel, frankincense, wood.
08th July, 2008
drjohn Show all reviews
Afire is an exquisite fragrance. Incense and Wood, lightly sweetened with Vanilla and Caramel. It is somewhat reminiscent of Guerlain’s Bois D’Armenie or Heeley’s Cardinal, but it has a stronger, deeper presence. The fire, to me, refers to the depth and complexity of the incense – it is not spicy, like for instance, H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9. Not a silage monster, neither is it a skin scent; it will be appreciated by you and those at a close interpersonal distance. As it is a parfum, the fragrance last and lasts.
Neil Morris fragrances are a real find, expertly made and easily comparable with the best there is out there.
23rd June, 2008

Add your review of Afire

Shop for Afire products online

Shop for Afire at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Afire

Member images of Afire

There are no member images of Afire yet. Why not be the first?