Afire (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseNeil Morris Fragrances
PerfumerNeil Morris

About Afire

Afire is a shared / unisex perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Neil Morris

Afire fragrance notes

Reviews of Afire

Straight off, this reminds me of two things: Christmas, & Karma by Lush, with its thick orange liqueur & suggestion of patchouli. For me it is not the scent of passion, but rather the scent of plum pudding soaked in Grand Marnier. This plum pudding has not yet been lit, however. The only association with fire here is the orange colour it conjures up. Neither is it chock full of spices as one might expect; it's dense, sweet, powerful & possibly cloying to some. If you hate the smell of a Lush shop, I'd say steer clear of this one. I happen to love that smell, but this might be too much even for me. After three hours, it becomes more caramelised & less about the sticky fruit, & five hours in I detect something resinous, like labdanum or opoponax. At this point it's a more wearable & cosy winter comfort scent, still humming softly after fifteen hours.
I might enjoy wearing this again when Christmas comes around, but I'll certainly go light on the trigger!
30th November, 2017
I consider Affire to be mainly a citrusy scent with gourmand, oriental, and incense notes supporting it. The opening begins with a not so fresh sparkly citrusy note which in a way reminds me of a orange soft drink. After an hour the citrusy notes mellow out and notes of caramel, cinnamon, and vanilla begin to come through changing the scent into a fruity, spicy, and gourmand scent. After three hours the incense note becomes noticeable. I did not detect a woodsy note in this scent. Aside from the first hour the scent remains quite linear throughout its duration. Longevity is fairly good lasting a good 10 hours while the silage remains decent for the first 2-3 hours before becoming a skin scent for the remaining time. The best time to wear this would be in fall and winter.
Affire does seem rather appropriate for the holiday settings IMO particularly around Thanksgiving (here in the US) and Christmas. Iím reminded of huge family Xmas gatherings that involve the passing of countless dishes at a large dinner in the dining room. This is immediately followed by gift exchanges in the living room with a roaring fire in the fireplace and a Xmas tree that projects aromas as well as the burning of spicy oriental candles.
Finally, I was disappointed with the scent overall. I was expecting a lot more from this fragrance after spending time reading up on Afire prior to wearing it. Initially I was pleased based on how the scent reacted to my skin during the opening. The opening was bright and refreshing and got my attention but that soon came to pass. As I said earlier, the scent becomes quite linear and little development was noticed after the first hour. I had trouble smelling it after the first several hours if I didnít put my nose close to my wrist. Although I wonít say this is a terrible scent, this is clearly something that isnít for me.
13th August, 2016
I could not get enough of this stuff. One of my favorite fragrances. Opening is citrus, but IMO is dominated by the middle notes of the berries and caramel. Base notes are a wonderful conclusion to this fragrance with the Frankincense and Wood making a nice mixture. The longevity of this is outstanding, lasting over 12 hours. It is very powerful, as well. I had a sample of this and sprayed a bit into the cap of the sample. Anytime I opened the sample to take a whiff, just the little bit in the sample wafted throughout the room and stayed quite a long time. The name, I think fits, but I'm not sure I can explain why. The fragrance isn't spicy, or hot, per se, but there's something about it that's kind of warm....like a fire that's not blazing anymore but is still warm below the surface. Outstanding.
12th December, 2011 (last edited: 14th December, 2011)
This is one of more odious scrubbers Iíve come across recently. Buttery caramel-vanilla notes dominate, in fact thatís all I get from beginning to end. A very sweet, persistent, cloying candy smell. Bleccch! Whereís the wood and frankincense? I donít like it on me, I wouldnít like it on anyone else.
29th September, 2009
Does not agree with me at all! The burning sensation gets to me and the very very fizzy citrus note is too much. Then it turns into a fizzy milky berry and praline like accord. The feeling of sour apples cannot leave my skin for this. From NM's website, this is the scent of passion... I'd be turned off my someone wearing this.
13th September, 2009
Afire is one of the most intriguing, irresistible perfumes I have smelled in a long time. It has top notes of orange and cinnamon which are reminiscent of the smell of really good homemade Christmas potpourri containing masses of dried orange peel. Then, the luscious buttery, salty caramel notes appear and I am reminded, of all things, of Diorama which is a fruity chypre. My guinea pig boyfriend took the obligatory sniff and said "incense" which I don't get at all, but frankincense is one of the listed notes so maybe the boyfriend is on to something. Last of all, the sillage is outstanding. I sprayed Afire on a scent strip and found it in my purse 3 days later with a very recognizable smell. I am enjoying Afire so much that I want to eat my wrist (and coming from an avowed non-gourmand, this should tell you something)!

Here are Afire's notes, per Neil Morris' website: Citrus, berries, caramel, frankincense, wood.
08th July, 2008

Add your review of Afire

Shop for Afire products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Afire

There are no member images of Afire yet. Why not be the first?