• Launched: 2007

Average Rating: 3

Based on 21 ratings

Afire Fragrance Notes

Afire information

Afire is a unisex fragrance by Neil Morris Fragrances. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Afire

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

Amos Jolthead's avatar

I could not get enough of this stuff. One of my favorite fragrances. Opening is citrus, but IMO is dominated by the middle notes of the berries and caramel. Base notes are a wonderful conclusion to this fragrance with the Frankincense and Wood making a nice mixture. The longevity of this is outstanding, lasting over 12 hours. It is very powerful, as well. I had a sample of this and sprayed a bit into the cap of the sample. Anytime I opened the sample to take a whiff, just the little bit in the sample wafted throughout the room and stayed quite a long time. The name, I think fits, but I'm not sure I can explain why. The fragrance isn't spicy, or hot, per se, but there's something about it that's kind of warm....like a fire that's not blazing anymore but is still warm below the surface. Outstanding.

12 December, 2011 (Last Edited: 14 December, 2011)

odysseusm's avatar

This is one of more odious scrubbers Iíve come across recently. Buttery caramel-vanilla notes dominate, in fact thatís all I get from beginning to end. A very sweet, persistent, cloying candy smell. Bleccch! Whereís the wood and frankincense? I donít like it on me, I wouldnít like it on anyone else.

29 September, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

Does not agree with me at all! The burning sensation gets to me and the very very fizzy citrus note is too much. Then it turns into a fizzy milky berry and praline like accord. The feeling of sour apples cannot leave my skin for this. From NM's website, this is the scent of passion... I'd be turned off my someone wearing this.

13 September, 2009

Jemimagold's avatar

Afire is one of the most intriguing, irresistible perfumes I have smelled in a long time. It has top notes of orange and cinnamon which are reminiscent of the smell of really good homemade Christmas potpourri containing masses of dried orange peel. Then, the luscious buttery, salty caramel notes appear and I am reminded, of all things, of Diorama which is a fruity chypre. My guinea pig boyfriend took the obligatory sniff and said "incense" which I don't get at all, but frankincense is one of the listed notes so maybe the boyfriend is on to something. Last of all, the sillage is outstanding. I sprayed Afire on a scent strip and found it in my purse 3 days later with a very recognizable smell. I am enjoying Afire so much that I want to eat my wrist (and coming from an avowed non-gourmand, this should tell you something)!

Here are Afire's notes, per Neil Morris' website: Citrus, berries, caramel, frankincense, wood.

08 July, 2008

drjohn's avatar

Afire is an exquisite fragrance. Incense and Wood, lightly sweetened with Vanilla and Caramel. It is somewhat reminiscent of Guerlain’s Bois D’Armenie or Heeley’s Cardinal, but it has a stronger, deeper presence. The fire, to me, refers to the depth and complexity of the incense – it is not spicy, like for instance, H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9. Not a silage monster, neither is it a skin scent; it will be appreciated by you and those at a close interpersonal distance. As it is a parfum, the fragrance last and lasts.
    Neil Morris fragrances are a real find, expertly made and easily comparable with the best there is out there.

23 June, 2008

Maybe itís the slight burning in the nose at the first sniff; it does kind of burn my eyes when I get close enough to sniff it right after spraying; or maybe the incense from the base kind of explodes as soon as soon as it hits my skin: But I really have trouble accounting for the nameÖ I simply donít get anything related to fire in this fragrance. The incense of the opening doesnít come across as pure incense; it presents itself as a mixed incense / semi-sweet fruity accord Ė an accord that strongly reminds me of a more transparent version of some of the better (and now discontinued) works of Donna Karan. But I donít think of it as fire. Perhaps I have a different standard of the fires of passion, but I donít find Afire very fiery or very passionate: Maybe a case of selective anosmia: I often canít smell red pepper in fragrances that are supposed to have it. Or maybe its just plain exhausted, depleted libido. Iím not saying that I donít like this scent; in fact, I enjoy it Ė it is totally admirable and wonderfully sniffable. I get the excellent citrus / berry opening Ė light, sweet, and delightful. And I get the caramel, and that accord is very yummy, but Iím not getting any sultriness or vibrancy or fires of passion or seduction. Iím probably way too old ...

14 May, 2008

Add your review of Afire

Search for on eBay United States

NEIL MORRIS FRAGRANCES ** AFIRE ** PARFUM SPRAY ** 2 OZ BOXED
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 28 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)