7:15 am in Bali (2008)

PerfumerDaphne Bugey
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About 7:15 am in Bali

A limited edition travel retail exclusive.

7:15 am in Bali fragrance notes

Reviews of 7:15 am in Bali

I find it lovely! creamy, realxing, , enchanting like a subtle morning light, , I love Kenzo! .all his fragrances are distinctive, and very well constructed.
True Bali doesnt have many notes, but they melt into each other to produce a light but present & beautiful harmonizing scent.I love it!!
29th April, 2010
Ooo. Being the first to rate 7.15am in Bali with a negative review is a bit stressful, especially since I do have an issue with the unpredictability of Kenzo. As a designer, he's brilliant. But the brand itself stands for the quirky and the wild which is ok in small doses but I find, very dominant in the fragrances of the house.

7.15am starts off for me smelling like crumpled cellophane paper I used to work with as a kid for art class. A very oily, creamy floral vanilla-ylang ylang scent that is slightly on the over powering side for me. It is however, what I woke up to when I spent a good week in Bali where the morning rain and heat tends to create a rather intoxicating scent.

Midway, the fragrance starts to get a bit aggressive and sharp, with hints of frangipani and coconut milk tea which totally reversed the initial transparency and over time, develops a rich cloying creaminess.

Towards the end, 7.15am hasn't seemed to have backed off, with the markisa (a local passionfruit) element gaining dominance. Unlike the usual passionfruit, the local variety is a bit more sourish and astringent tempered by a waxiness creamy lotion foundation which I picked up from the fragrance. For a moment, I had an image of a very bitter woman, although I didn't know why but I sure didn't enjoy it very much.

Perhaps its because of the heat here, and how scents tend to linger longer on me *even L'Artisan* and hence, I found this too much. Like an overly rich dessert in the unbearable heat and humidity of Bali.
14th August, 2009
Love the mystery of bodies and scents...what's orange and passionfruit on some skins is pineapple on me! Not too sweet - airy and touched by sea breezes. Get a bit of jasmine over light vanilla/tonka that lingers nicely. These impressions are from a sample that makes think 7:15 a.m.in Bali would be great for early mornings in my South Carolina summers!
18th June, 2009
7:15 am in Bali, what a crazy name! Ah, no wonder, it's a 'travel exclusive'. This basically means it is only sold at duty free shops. Well, lucky for me my daughter went traveling and bought her perfume lovin' mama a bottle! This Kenzo is a very light edt. It wears like a body spray. Aside from that, it's a great little scent! Fruity opening, orchid floral heart and a thin vanilla drydown. Pretty much smells like a watered down Tocade ~ but less reminiscent of say, dreamsicles or childrens' medicine. 7:15 am in Bali is perfect for the beach, pool, amusement park, or anywhere else you may be sweating this summertime! I like that it's NOT LEMONY, and NOT COCONUTTY. It is breezy, light and refreshing - without smelling like a cocktail, suntan lotion, or too perfumey - it is just right!
03rd June, 2009
Very interesting light scent. I think this was made for travelers and it's very, very apt for its intended use. Sweet and fruity on top and it dries down into a light and pleasantly light woody vanilla. Its lightness is to be expected from Japanese based house Kenzo. I really like it but I have Del Mar and its flankers to do the same job for me. Thumbs up nonetheless!
11th May, 2009
Yum! This fruity, sweety-desserty little thing (really, it's not major Perfume) is totally unlike me, but smelling it at Frankfurt airport immediately made me think: "Drinking an orange fruitshake with Granny!" That's about all I get: orange and vanilla, although maybe there is a little passionfruit-tang, though nothing BO-ey, as passionfruit can be. This is a very Kenzo-ey offering, but I would not say derivative, and not really like Amour at all, IMO. Very soft, like a meringue-and-custard fruit tart, and therefore comforting and fun - perfect for spring.
17th October, 2008

Add your review of 7:15 am in Bali

Member images of 7:15 am in Bali

There are no member images of 7:15 am in Bali yet. Why not be the first?