Close Your Eyes and...
    by Miller et Bertaux

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 19 ratings

Close Your Eyes and... information

Close Your Eyes and... is a unisex fragrance by Miller et Bertaux.

Reviews of Close Your Eyes and...

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

A citrus / floral opening – its lemon / rose character is augmented with heliotrope and oud which appear immediately after the first flash of citrus. It is actually quite a traditional opening, and it seems to be quite lasting – probably because the scent is rather linear and the opening and heart notes are pretty much the same. A few minutes into the fragrance it appears to be simply another rose/oud fragrance that isn’t very much different from other rose/oud's… except that this one doesn’t scream… this is a rose that uses its indoor voice.

I would say that Bois de Gaiac el Poire AKA “Close your eyes and…” is a competent oud scent that, except for the oud itself, doesn’t smell very woody. And I can’t smell the spice, the almond, or the pear, either – just oud and florals. The oud is subtle but tenacious and I agree that it makes the scent seem sweet when it actually isn’t very sweet.

I find this to be a competent but somewhat uninteresting rose/oud scent… but then, rose is hardly ever a favorite of mine. It is made up of very good quality materials and it has decent projection and less than average longevity… “Close your eyes and…” AKA Bois de Gaiac et Poire has quality ingredients – its delicate subtlety is its outstanding virtue. I am voting it a reluctant thumb’s up.

22nd February, 2015

flathorn's avatar

Lovely but aldehydic. This one's also known as Bois de Gaiac et Poire.
    It's been compared to Kenzo Amour and found wanting, so it hasn't gotten much love, but it works for me, a soft rose powder of a fragrance. The gaiac wood isn't prominent, so it was probably wise to change the name to Close Your Eyes and... Those expecting a woody frangrance will be disappointed.
    I'm surprised to see it listed as unisex, as I think you'd have to amp up the woods a lot more to get it out of the airy, powdered rose-heliotrope-jasmine ambiance that prevails. It's sort of dreamy, soft, traditional, pretty to wear. It has been dissed for being unoriginal, from a house that has made its mark by being original. I'm not sure this is enough reason to reduce points for a fragrance, so I'm going to use my nose, and stay out of the politics. Original and cutting edge have little to offer me by way of liking a fragrance.
    What keeps me from pursuing this fragrance further are the aldehydes. I have a sensitivity to them which renders Chanel No. 5 unwearable, and this one is borderline, but still problematic for me because of them. The fragrance that it is, is nice, but unwearable for me.

19th January, 2013 (Last Edited: 06th December, 2013)

Add your review of Close Your Eyes and...