Ballade Verte (2007)

Ballade Verte information

Year of Launch2007

HouseManuel Canovas

About Ballade Verte

Ballade Verte is a feminine perfume by Manuel Canovas. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Ballade Verte

Ballade Verte is rose chypre-ish, though it's not quite as angular and challenging as it develops as the 80s fragrances it reminds me of. As I first tried it I thought, This is what I can wear when I'm wishing I could experience Scherrer 2 the way I did when it came out. Because as much as I love the memory of Scherrer 2, smelling it now, there's no way.

I've seen the rose in Ballade Verte described as Moroccan, though it smells like an eglantine rose, the ones that grow wild. I might just be smelling rose + violet, because there's a little of that, too. But if you like wild rose, it's not that easy to find in fragrance, and this is a great facsimile of it, front and center.

Potent and great longevity, so go easy.
17th November, 2016
This stuff is nice. It's nothing new but it's also not total crap. I haven't tried the other scents offered by this house. It's a green fragrance with hints of the classic aldehyde top notes. It seems old-school with a modern, fresh white florally twist. After that all dries down Ballade Verte becomes spicy with herbs (lemon thyme or basil) and lingers around. Not bad.
21st May, 2010

Add your review of Ballade Verte

Shop for Ballade Verte products online

Shop for Ballade Verte at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ballade Verte

Member images of Ballade Verte

There are no member images of Ballade Verte yet. Why not be the first?