Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences (2007)
by Yves Rocher

Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences information

Year of Launch2007

HouseYves Rocher
PerfumerOlivier Pescheux
PerfumerNathalie Gracia-Cetto

About Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences

Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences is a feminine perfume by Yves Rocher. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Nathalie Gracia-Cetto and Olivier Pescheux

Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences fragrance notes

Reviews of Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences

jacona Show all reviews
This is by far my favorite iris scent. While most iris scents are really focused on the powdery orris root, this one really focuses on the scent of the bloom with it's fruity undercurrent. It has a gourmand twist with a hint of berry and licorice or anise perhaps.
16th March, 2015
I get the iris top note, but it doesn't last. Smells like patchouli at the end. Agree this could be a unisex fragrance. I wear it now and then. Love the pretty purple color and the bottle design.
07th April, 2012
cello Show all reviews
I have to agree with others that don't find much iris in this Iris Noir, maybe just a hint of powder in the heart. But, instead, it's a happy, fruity and sweet little thing. The sweetness of berries, at first just a tad tart, carries almost throughout, where the sweetness of tonka takes over.

Neither are objectionable, maybe just not what I was expecting. This one is easy to wear, but you must enjoy sweet fragrances. It veered just a tad too far for me personally, but that's just a matter of each to their own taste.
23rd March, 2012
I can't find any iris at all. A huge blast of purple berry, drying down to Tonka, which I love. It's not particularly feminine either and would wear just as well on a man. I'm on my second bottle.
19th January, 2012
I own this by accident. It hasn't any Iris quality to my nose. The first blast is a very simple synthetic black berry, the "noir". Kind of lollipop. O/k, then it squeezes something I don't really get. A bit of a sharp, perfumey hint on powdery iris root (orris). Later on, the room is filled with that black berry smell, and just that. I can't imagine to wear this. I can't imagine a woman to wear this, except fishing for compliments. This attempt is made here with no effort in quality, refinement, surprise. It's just loud. Sorry, no way.
19th February, 2010
Bigsly Show all reviews
Very nice, and for me, definitely unisex. This doesn't come across to me as anything specifically (others mentioned patchouli, but at most there is a hint of it, relative to a fragrance like Michael for Men), though it evokes an abstraction of blueberries. I avoid top notes so I can't speak to that, but the drydown is fairly quick, and then it's rather linear, though it has nice dynamism in its abstract way. As Luca Turin said, it has an herbal/aromatic quality, but the tonka/sweet qualities are quite strong, so it's not the kind of herbal fragrance I'm used to. It took me a while to enjoy it, because at first I didn't want to smell blueberries for several hours, but after wearing it a few times, I was able to appreciate it beyond that aspect. Sillage and longevity seem moderate to good.
27th January, 2010

Add your review of Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences

Shop for Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences products online

Yves Rocher Secrets D'Essences Collection Rose Absolue, Iris Noir,Jasmine Tendre

$25.00 (0 Bids)

Yves Rocher Secrets d' Essences IRIS NOIR Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz 99%

End Date: Tuesday Mar-12-2019 15:32:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $75.00

Member images of Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences

There are no member images of Iris Noir Secrets d'Essences yet. Why not be the first?