Hyperessence Matale 12 (2005)
by Parfumerie Generale

Hyperessence Matale 12 information

Year of Launch2005

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Hyperessence Matale 12

Hyperessence Matale 12 is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Hyperessence Matale 12 fragrance notes

Reviews of Hyperessence Matale 12

This scent is all over the place -- an odd jumble of elements.
First there is a very pleasant citrus-lemon note. Quite refreshing, and the mint adds more brightness.
The lemon segues into the tea, which is a moderate note in intensity -- not strong or tannic-smelling. Essentially black tea with some lemon squeezed in, which I like.
Then there is a pronounced smoky leather note. Interesting, but quite a shift, even a jarring one. A bit rubbery at times.
Then some black pepper and a wet kind of soggy leaves.
So much going on that I can't resolve it.
In the end, given the disparate range of notes, I can't endorse it.
20th July, 2016
After owning #6 I was ready for the plunge into #12. I was not disappointed, it became the olfactory embodiment of spring at my lake house, liberally applied to my Caviliers as well!

It came time to buy another bottle and so I again purchased as LuckyScent. What arrived has a new label design (similar to the special series labels now, not just the big #12). More of a concern was the fact that the juice was now light green and not yellow straw as the previous bottle. And most depressing of all, although the scent is very close, it does not evoke the same sense memory of the original.

Does anyone know why they reformulated the gem into something disappointing?
Does anyone know where to get the original #12 with the yellow juice?

27th December, 2011 (last edited: 29th December, 2011)

Wow ! What an uplifting fresh ,clean scent with the accent on the citrus ,cedar and fresh tea . A savory scent - perfectly done. Absolutely addictive ,unisex. Very elegant, good tenacity

20th September, 2010
Love this stuff, but couldn't justify buying both this AND the L'eau Rare Matale, which while ephemeral, was really more of what I wanted in a layered and complex tea fragrance. However, thanks to a great sale, I am now the proud owner of BOTH and will use the Hyperessence to boost the delicious aspects of the L'eau Rare Matale and make them last. Bravo.
08th May, 2010
I had hoped for a "L'eau rare matale extreme" but this is a little too different and I'm not even sure it's stronger or more long-lasting. It's also distinctly black tea, yes, but not as fresh and clean as L'eau rare matale. It's more like flavoured black tea, though which flavour I'm not sure - I pick up both bergamot, jasmine and smoky notes. The leathery/rubbery aspect inherent in black tea scents is more pronounced than in L'eau rare matale, which I personally don't mind at all. I think I like L'eau rare matale a little bit better in it's refreshing simplicity, but they're both very nice.
18th December, 2008
Man I love this! After smelling this I need to test out the entire PG line.

To me this smells somewhat... salty? Like a lemon with salt and tea leaves on it but the lemon is just there for decoration. Oh and the whole thing was on fire and now is smoldering with smoke. And the projection is amazing due to its smoky nature. Fantastic on me I love it!
15th November, 2008

Add your review of Hyperessence Matale 12

Shop for Hyperessence Matale 12 products online

Search Amazon for Hyperessence Matale 12

Member images of Hyperessence Matale 12

There are no member images of Hyperessence Matale 12 yet. Why not be the first?