Private Collection - Bois Blond (2006)
by Parfumerie Generale

Private Collection - Bois Blond information

Year of Launch2006

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Private Collection - Bois Blond

Private Collection - Bois Blond is a masculine fragrance by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Private Collection - Bois Blond fragrance notes

Reviews of Private Collection - Bois Blond

Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond is the following Guillaume's "opera" which I test on skin after the "insipid" La Collection Croisiere Paris Seychelles (my last experience with his work before this one) and I have to say this reapectful creator performs far better when "at home" in Parfumerie Generale (where indeed he has along the way appointed several higher creations as Intrigant Patchouli, Coze 02, Aomassai 10, Harmatan Noir, L'Ombre Fauve and further). Well Bois Blond is a really intriguing creation and a galbanum's poetic Ode imo. Galbanum first of all is in here responsible about a main aromatic/minty/fennel-like musky aura which is the featuring "trait" of this boise concoction. In a general musky-piquant (vaguely barber-shop/naïf and freshly herbal a la Oriza L. Legrand Chypre Mousse New) dimension this aroma releases a really playful game of contrasts (as Alfarom indeed suggests below) between bitter and soapy mild elements. The fresh (slightly misty) and mild atmosphere is provided by dusty resins (amber and galbanum) and a touch of balsams (plus musk/labdanum) while a bitter sort of almost acid/ammoniacal ambience is generated by not-listed pink pepper (imo), hay, herbs and dry tobacco. Actually the latter (tobacco) unfolds all at once mild and dry-bitter (vaguely smoky) feels, overall perfectly harmonic and modulated. There is a general musky-powdery background surrounding all the elements and this feel is basically aromatic and spicy (in a salty-sweet/sugary way). I detect some dry woodiness as well (fresh salty-powdery vetiver and may be cedarwood, at least supposedly). Galbanum provides a general "silvan atmosphere" (with all its charge of grassiness, "dry earth", green resins and airy-penetrating muskiness) but I have to say that a subtle modulation of this element does not alter the general talky-musky dryness of the fragrance and the main note is in here basically dry/balsamic/minty/aromatic/piney and not lacteous-resinous or particularly gummy or lymphatic. Bois Blond is a seriously woodsy aroma with a background of fashinating "silvan-fairy imagination" (elfs, enchanted ponds, forests little creatures and intelligent entities from the deep dark-green wilderness). Not so much to add, just I remark my full satisfation for a scent encompassing you by its aromatic and enigmatic vegetal-spicy mistiness and a touch of soapy chypre classicism. Thumbs up.
13th September, 2015 (last edited: 10th October, 2015)
Despite one's personal taste, I think it's undeniable that Pierre Guillame have been responsible of some of the most peculiar/original/sophisticated accords in contemporary perfumery and Bois Blond is a great example of his visionary approach to fragrances.

A striking concoction of hay, wheat and other undefined green notes surrounded by a smooth yet absolutely remarkable woody presence. I would classify Bois Blond as a bittersweet composition in which extremely bitter notes such as galbanum and grass are juxtaposed to the warm, summery vibe provided by wheat and hay. The woods are definitely there and increase the juxtaposition effect by providing both a smoky quality and great smoothness to an otherwise austere fragrance. Slight ambery undertones softens the base with some sweetness. An extremely original composition which is at the same time, easy to wear and very unique. I just wished it was a tad more potent. Maybe not PG's masterpiece yet very, very nice.
30th December, 2012
cello Show all reviews
I was expecting light, warm wood. But to my nose, this was more about hay with some warm amber and tobacco notes to blend it out. This is a sunshine scent, bright but with warmth that settles on your skin and brings comfort and a smile. It opens with hay note to me, the edge brought by the faintest cedar. Cedar is a tough note for me, as I do not often like it's sharpness. But here, the cedar was never sharp. It just added some additional color to the blond feel. The hay was a mix of baked gold hay and new green hay, a beguiling mix. After about 10 -15 min the tobacco, cedar, hay mix settled in. Slowly the amber rises up, but never sweet or cloying. Some musk rounded it out. And there it sat for the next 3-4 hours, cooing to me.

To me, this is a spring or late summer scent, when sunshine warms it up and allows your mind to go where Bois Blond is trying to take you. It is slightly woody and fieldy, but never straying into stems and white flower territory. Just some good ole fashion roll in the hay vibes, laughing and feeling easy in your warm skin! I loved this!
15th May, 2011
This is listed as an EDP I believe, but it is neither concentrated nor long lasting, though perhaps I applied my sample too lightly. It is a pleasant enough fragrance. Something in it reminds me of Penhaligons Elixir and Costes 1 . At first I thought there was some rose hiding in here somewhere. But probably not. It is a sweetened light amber/cedar with cinnamon and/or other spices thrown in. Very sweet, perhaps dandyish for a man to wear, but mellow. Not my thing really. I do not get anything unpleasant from this, unlike some other reviewers. I just wouldn't wear it. Worth trying, I guess, it just doesn't excite me in any way.
03rd March, 2011
Dried fish, sour greens, dry AND sweet (how the heck is that even possible?)? I don't know what previous reviewers were smelling but Bois Blond was not it.
This is one of my favorites. It reminds me of braided sweet grass used in shamanistic rituals by Native Americans.
Fresh cut hay is a predominate note in this followed by tobacco, wood and amber.
It really pushes the boundaries of what a fragrance should be. It introduces those willing to break free from their fragrance bonds of what a "normal" fragrance is to a very unique and nostalgic trip back to the days of walking parched grassy fields on a hot Summer day.
10th September, 2009
I find this to be a beautiful scent - it reminds of dry grass on a warm summer evening. It's not much more complicated than that to my nose, but it captures a memory of a certain time and place perfectly for me.
10th September, 2009

Add your review of Private Collection - Bois Blond

Shop for Private Collection - Bois Blond products online

Shop for Private Collection - Bois Blond at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Private Collection - Bois Blond

Member images of Private Collection - Bois Blond

There are no member images of Private Collection - Bois Blond yet. Why not be the first?