Niki de Saint Phalle (1982)
by Niki de Saint Phalle

Niki de Saint Phalle information

Year of Launch1982

HouseNiki de Saint Phalle

About Niki de Saint Phalle

Niki de Saint Phalle is a feminine perfume by Niki de Saint Phalle. The scent was launched in 1982

Reviews of Niki de Saint Phalle

Disclaimer: As my name indicates, I am an untrained nose. So, no technical description of notes, sillage, etc.

This is one of my favourite fragrances when I want to feel sexy and womanly. Warm, almost animalistic, very sensual. In me, it smells like a lover's embrace. Comforting and at the same time risqué.

I do not own it (yet!) but my mother owns it and since she first bought it in the late 80s (she's on the second bottle) occasionally (or now many times when I visit) I dab it on my wrists for the sheer pleasure of smelling it.
02nd August, 2014
Barbara Herman describes this a heavy, green floral chypre, sour, fruity and intense.

This is totally accurate, according to my nose. There is something very earthy in the warm base, possibly the cedar. The combo of lime and peach on top is something new - sharp and attention-getting.

As a scent of this type it is well done, but did not overly delight me. Surprising that it was the only scent that came out of this house.

Top notes: Marigold, Artemesia, Peach, Bergamot, Spearmint, Lime
Heart notes: Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Orris, Ylang, Cedar, Patchouli
Base notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Olibanum, Leather, Amber, Musk
25th July, 2014
Mid-1980's, I was a redhead, drove a red Karmann Ghia, and wore a chunky, over-sized, teal colored sweater and would douse myself in Niki de Saint Phalle. Thing is, I still like it. I rediscovered it in my hidden away stash recently and have now brought it front and center. It IS chypre (and I am such a sucker for chypres) but, my friends, it is the carnation which does it for me: warm & spicy yet still a floral somehow. I get the orris root (slight) and the citrus (faint) & the oak moss & patchouli but it is the carnation which is its heart and soul. Read a comparison between Niki de St. Phalle & Chanel 19 (another favorite dear to my heart) but I don't get it: This is sultry & full without 19's graceful dry down. Here the carnation silage remains pronounced and its longevity is - ah, I now recall my youthful hesitation- impressive. This scent demands commitment & confidence, traits I could not claim as a young redhead who drove a red Karmann Ghia.
30th October, 2013
Based on a few reviews, I thought I would try this scent. Maybe the product had turned in the unopened bottle. When I tried it, it smelled dry, stale, dusty and remained very intense. Reminded me of old lady stale sachet. I tossed it.
29th October, 2012
Eos Show all reviews
Review of Vintage EDT:

Upon first application, vintage NdSP, is dominated by clean orris root, powdery oakmoss and a hint of citrus. After an hour heart notes briefly appear in whispers of scent: rose and carnation are the only two I can decipher. Finally at about 1 1/2 hours after application this scent dries down to an fantastic warm cedar, surprisingly gentle leather, powdery oakmoss and musky scent.

My personal impressions of are of clean, chic refinement and elegance. I feel the richness of the patchouli underneath the more prominent notes, but I don't actually smell it.

Sillage: about 15 feet
Longevity: 10 hours on my skin
Overall Rating and Feel: 9/10. I wouldn't call this fragrance "green". Rather its character is clean, powdery, and woody refinement. Unbelievably well blended, it ALMOST wears the same from start to finish. Wearable by both sexes IMO. There is something very swoon worthy about the way this smells. This is the perfect scent to wear to an event where you want to stand out in a crowd in a good way.
30th October, 2011
What a dark, creamy and absolutely devine smell this is. Despite the negative reviews I bought this unsniffed - and I'm so glad I did.
I got an aquarious bottle from the Zodiac series. Instead of Eau de toilette it's named Eau Defendue. It's rich and oily and worth each penny: USdollars 29,99 for a 2 oz bottle. It's a true bargain.
Go and get a bottle - If you dislike the juice I'm sure you'll enjoy the beautiful artistic bottle. It's a win-win situation!
23rd September, 2011

Add your review of Niki de Saint Phalle

Shop for Niki de Saint Phalle products online

Search Amazon for Niki de Saint Phalle

Member images of Niki de Saint Phalle

There are no member images of Niki de Saint Phalle yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Niki de Saint Phalle