Niki de Saint Phalle (1982)
by Niki de Saint Phalle

Niki de Saint Phalle information

Year of Launch1982

HouseNiki de Saint Phalle

About Niki de Saint Phalle

Niki de Saint Phalle is a feminine perfume by Niki de Saint Phalle. The scent was launched in 1982

Reviews of Niki de Saint Phalle

Oviatt Show all reviews
This wonderful perfume shares an extraordinarily large number of notes with Ralph Lauren's eponymous Lauren which predates Niki de Saint Phalle by four years. How can the ultimate preppy, American sorority girl scent--Lauren--have a French cousin so closely tied to the Parisian art scene? Perhaps they went to Sarah Lawrence?
18th December, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast is delicious: a gentle green-minty cloud with a fruity, juicy peachy undertone, which is given extra zest by a very natural bergamot. The mint is more of the Spearmint variety, and not so much a freshly plucked bunch of garden mint, which makes it sweeter and a bit stale on my skin. The heart notes see a tapering of the fruitiness to see it replaced by a potpourri, nailed by a lovely ylang-ylang and then dominated by a fairly bright carnation and a rose, with the latter being the more generic and uninteresting of the two. The carnation and the ylang-ylang joined together result in a warm and sweetish floral accord, and at times whiffs of a very traditional jasmine impression playfully joins this floral duo.

Hints of geranium also arise in my skin briefly, before they are replaced by a soft, slightly spicy patchouli that accompanies the floral basket towards the next stage.

The base continues the floral themes with additional soft whiffs of amber, which are, like the scent as a whole, mildly sweet and never cloying.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity. Pleasant and well executed with mostly good-quality ingredients; it is a good spring scent but as such much less provocative than Niki de Saint Phalle's famous sculptures and collages. 3/5
16th December, 2015
Chanel No 19 when she lets down her hair from the tight bun, takes off her glasses, kicks off the boardroom bitch stilettos, has a shot of liqueur and dances wildly.
26th October, 2015
This may well be one of the most seriously beautiful perfumes I have ever smelled. I was prepared for all sorts of weird things and for having to get used to it before liking it but nope, first sniff hooked me. I was most afraid of the artemisia, but nothing harsh at all in this! Not even green smelling, in the sense of lots I've smelled, though it does conjure a forest feeling. The sweetness, not at all sugary, surprised and delighted me. This was a delight from start to finish....but there's the rub. Within 15 minutes I had to press my nose into my flesh to smell this beauty. And gorgeous as it is, and cheap as it is, I still expect (and require) the ability to smell my perfume without trying this hard.
Will I buy more? Yes I will, great vats of it if possible. But it's a shame that the best thing I ever smelled in my life is so faint. I'll just have to apply huge amounts very often....not a problem at this price point. And absolutely essential....can't go without this smell now. It smells like nature....but nature with no spiders, no bears and despite the lovely blue glass bottle, no snakes.
14th July, 2015
Disclaimer: As my name indicates, I am an untrained nose. So, no technical description of notes, sillage, etc.

This is one of my favourite fragrances when I want to feel sexy and womanly. Warm, almost animalistic, very sensual. In me, it smells like a lover's embrace. Comforting and at the same time risqué.

I do not own it (yet!) but my mother owns it and since she first bought it in the late 80s (she's on the second bottle) occasionally (or now many times when I visit) I dab it on my wrists for the sheer pleasure of smelling it.
02nd August, 2014
Barbara Herman describes this a heavy, green floral chypre, sour, fruity and intense.

This is totally accurate, according to my nose. There is something very earthy in the warm base, possibly the cedar. The combo of lime and peach on top is something new - sharp and attention-getting.

As a scent of this type it is well done, but did not overly delight me. Surprising that it was the only scent that came out of this house.

Top notes: Marigold, Artemesia, Peach, Bergamot, Spearmint, Lime

Shop for Niki de Saint Phalle products online

Shop for Niki de Saint Phalle at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Niki de Saint Phalle

Member images of Niki de Saint Phalle

There are no member images of Niki de Saint Phalle yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Niki de Saint Phalle