Jubilation XXV (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About Jubilation XXV

Jubilation XXV is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Reviews of Jubilation XXV

This is a superb perfume that frustrates me because of my skin type, or because of my expectations, or both. It disappears from me much sooner than I'd like, and I want it to perform like Interlude Man! Please forgive my childish rant. I'm trying different amounts of sprays, different moisturisers, and thinking perhaps in warmer weather it'll last longer on me (although in N.E. England, warmer weather is hard to come by). It both lasts on and projects from my female friend's skin better than from my male. I'll try to accept this bum hand from nature, worse things happen at sea and all that.
But while it lasts on me it's sublime - I love that labdanum and olibanum are opening notes. A resinous, balsamic, rich warmth flows out from the start. Honey in the mid and opoponax and myrrh at the base ensure this is a smooth incense treat for me. I love the use of bay leaf, ambergris, and immortelle. There's just a wonderful balance of notes. The patch and herbs counter exquisitely the sweeter florals and spices. Three woods encompass it all without one of them overplaying its hand, even the oud. And a delicious blackberry note runs through it all.
Stunning.
It's one for me to enjoy by sniffing closely the elusive haze, indoors, alone, enraptured. I honestly get the whole 'Eastern' spiritual incense vibe from this - unfortunately I'm a greedy 'Western' materialist who wants MORE! ;)
Edit: I've put it in an atomiser and reapply when I'm out, sod the expense.
29th January, 2019
Original:
Jubilation XXV today. About 9 hours into the wear. It is a pretty scent. Not sensual, or attractive, but rich and opulent. My wife thought it smelled good when asked. Someone asked me if I smelled incense. That is what this smells like to me. Straight incense. But not dusty or dry. Smooth, mellow. Maybe a bit mysterious. Smells great, and there are a million notes, but I just almost feel like I wish there was something dirty in the base. Performance is good. I just keep getting a Kouros vibe. Like Kouros is the wild child, and this is the proper older sister, who is a much more traditional beauty.

Supplemental: Bought a decant of this one. I do not know how I was not able to get the black current out of this before. It is basically the biggest player early on. It is really beautiful. I wear this when I feel like I want the day to be special, say church/formal. I can't picture this scent in sweatpants.
17th January, 2019
Everything positive you've ever read about Jubilation XXV is all true. Only that it's not meant for Kings....its meant for Gods.

I only wish the opening would last a little longer. I seem to be wearing this all the time and sniffing my wrists all the time all day.

Can't get over it. The best I've smelt in a long time.

10 on 10.
11th December, 2018
Finally bought a bottle blind on ebay (magnetic cap). Not much to add to other reviews: I love the incense/smoke/amber; I was expecting something louder, it’s rather discreet; The sweet opening notes (plum?) don’t last very long. My girlfriend likes to bury her face in my chest when I wear it. Pretty happy with the purchase but not overwhelmed.
12th November, 2018
Amouage's Jubilation XXV is an eagerly awaited scent for me to check out. Based on the HUGE list of notes in the fragrance triangle and the many positive reviews, I just had to check this one out for myself.

It starts out really, really reminding me of Mediterraneum (now owned by Versace) and YSL's Opium for Men: A bracing spicy, aromatic fougere full of character and constantly in motion. Jubilation XXV doesn't sit still, getting darker, smoother, and a bit unpredictable. As it is, it has an old-school quality to it, meant for more mature and acculturated wearers not afraid to exude a loud, ever-changing cologne. Davana herbal essence remains present from start to finish, lending a decidedly long-lasting Asian Indian touch.

Overall, it is sweet, spicy, moderately floral, woody, and full of earthiness and animalic charm. Not for the meek inexperienced wearer, IMO! I personally MAY wear it for more formal occasions in cooler seasons, although in my large collection I can find several others that may be more suited for my tastes.
18th August, 2018 (last edited: 19th August, 2018)
The opening almost failed me because of the sweetness (think A*Men), then the drydown came to the rescue. Very sophisticated and classy indeed. It almost overwhelmed any other perfume putted beside, truly a fit for the "king". I tested it alongside Dia Man and this Jubilation XXV is easier to wear and more crowd-pleasing. The hype is real with this perfume, however, it is not as classy as others, for example, Royal Oud. Nevertheless, a big thumb up (if you can find a deal).

8.5/10

Amouage Jubilation XXV Eau De Parfum 3.4 Oz 100 ML Spray for Men Sealed

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 12:44:50 PST
Buy It Now for only: $163.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Jubilation XXV 5ml-.17oz Spray Decsnter Sample (from 100-3.4 Bottle)

End Date: Saturday Feb-23-2019 16:33:17 PST

Amouage Jubilation XXV Woman 195g/6.9oz Woman Scented Candle Brand New

End Date: Monday Feb-25-2019 4:44:40 PST
Buy It Now for only: $69.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Old Version JUBILATION XXV Amouage Women 100 ML 3.4 fl.oz,Non magnetic cap,EDP.

End Date: Monday Feb-25-2019 6:45:17 PST
Buy It Now for only: $239.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage men all samples 2ml(0.07fl.oz), buy 5 get 1 for free, all samples new!

End Date: Monday Feb-25-2019 13:29:43 PST

Buy It Now for only: $17.70

Buy It Now for only: $11.70

Buy It Now for only: $33.10

Member images of Jubilation XXV

There are no member images of Jubilation XXV yet. Why not be the first?