Jubilation XXV (2007)

Jubilation XXV is a men's fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Jubilation XXV products online

$305.01*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 195.00)
    $258.08*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 165.00)
    $258.08*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 165.00)

Reviews of Jubilation XXV

Showing 1 to 6 of 84 reviews.

Niffty's avatar

Jubilation XXV to me is like Reflections older brother with more darker and spicy notes, take out the Joop vibe and add some more woods and spice. I would give it a thumbs up and I can see why its gets a lot of good reviews on here but it just doesn't suit me for some reason, I was going to vote a neutral but I can appreciate the quality of the scent and how it attracts a following.

16th March, 2015 (Last Edited: 17th March, 2015)

sarlac1's avatar

My guess as to what Brad Pitt's Achilles would have worn to battle in "Troy".

11th March, 2015

deadidol's avatar

Jubilation XXV has never sat right with me. It’s clearly a very, very good perfume, but its bombast has always come over as a bit sickly for me. The oud/honey/berry/rose combo is a winning accord for sure, but it’s just overblown and, frankly, a tad stomach-turning.

In true Amouage style, this is hyper-complex—absolutely loaded with “stuff"—and yet it remains both elevated and coherent. It’s very loud at the outset; the sweet fruit accord with a spiced oud shadow is especially prominent, but it’s nested upon a balsamic base that cradles it well. The Eastern influence is apparent, and the fragrance is westernized with respect. It manages to feel masculine and even a little traditional, but all under the auspices of a compelling Middle-East exotic-floral style. And despite all this, I really don’t like it much at all.

First, it’s extraordinarily sweet—irritatingly so. It’s obviously designed to appeal to that sweet-toothed modern masculine market, but one with more refined sensibilities. For me however, it’s too much sweetness. Next, the berry accord is super-pronounced and, although I do find it to be nicely staged against the other notes, it cuts right through to the forefront of the mix and dominates for much of the ride. Thankfully, most of the opening barrage does settle fast, but it settles into a rose/oud combination that’s just a tad too reminiscent of Montale’s assembly line approach to “aoud.” Don’t get me wrong, it’s leagues better than anything Montale would produce, but at it’s core, it’s really just a rose-y oud with berry nuance. The result is a fragrance that I really do appreciate and respect, but don’t enjoy too much myself.

But what is of interest is that Duchaufour’s at the wheel of Jub-XXV—an impressive feat, but also a bit of a sad reminder of his legacy before he started phoning in duds for every Tom, Dick, and Harry. This scent demonstrates serious skill—and it’s utterly deserved of the praise it’s garnered. But you’ve got to be okay with sweetness, fruit, and a fairly ridiculous degree of opulence to get along with this. Fortunately, most people do—but for me, it’s a little bit too gaudy to be a perfect fit.

07th January, 2015

KIG's avatar

Having the opportunity to sample, and own one of Amouage’s most talked about fragrances has been a journey.

More than year ago I received two samples – Jubilation, and Interlude Man.
    Both captivated me in a different way. One was classy, had panache so irresistible, that all my arguments about the price started to evaporate like snow in the Sahara desert. The other was like a modern twist on fairy tale, but was I ready for it…

Straight to Heaven’s vibe executed better, without annoyance, and chemical residue was the turning point when making the decision to purchase. So what if it doesn’t last 12+ hrs like the rest of the line? Eight to ten is good enough for me.

Tart blackberry and dried fruit dominate the opening proceedings. Next, I can detect olibanum, guaiac and orchid. Immortelle is almost symbolic, just like the rose. Opoponax and Myrhh have a lot to do with the perceived incense aura. If you are looking for oud, don’t expect the overdone chemical, and nose itching interpretation found in mainstream perfumery, it is a backbone, polished and almost pretty. Patchouli is not expressive, and like the oud presses the envelope of spiciness, and woody backdrop to the fragrance.

By the way, all the talk about reformulation seems nonsense. I tested the “original”, according to some. Now I own the one with the golden, magnetic cap, and tested both side to side – no difference in smell, longevity, or sillage.

Very well done, and worth every penny.

20th September, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar

The almighty hyped up Jubilation 25. "Feels like royalty", "There is nothing like it". A few quotes I've heard many times about this one. Jubilation 25 is certainly a nice fragrance, but I wouldn't say I feel like royalty when I wear it, and I wouldn't say it's entirely unique. To be quite frank it kind of just smells like a really resinous, incense-y, prune juice to me.

High quality, most certainly. That I can tell just by the fact that everytime I spray this on my skin, it takes an hour for the oil to dry up, just by looking at it. That tells me there's a high concentration of fragrance oils in here, which is a plus. Strong powerful ingredients, combined with a master perfumer like Bertrand Duchaufour. Ya it's hard not to like this one. One of the better, longer lasting blackberry notes around. The incense is irritable if you love incense like I do. It's resinous, it's dark, it's spicy, it's sweet, there's a Gothic edge to it. It lasts forever, it projects pretty well. There's quite an abundance of notes here in this one, but the blackberry, cinnamon, resins, and incense are the shining stars here. The base, I get more of an oakmoss, patchouli, woodsy combo, along with a fitting oud note, used very well here.

The thing with oud for me, is it's usually just paired up with rose, and often times fails for me when put in with so many other notes. Bertrand Duchaufour's expertise really shine on this one, and I think it's his best work, out of everything I have tried.

The price.. that's the only drawback. If it were 100 bucks less, this would be the best thing on the planet. If you have the money though, this one is worth it, and if you know me, I don't much condone niche fragrances, price gouging their customers. I simply find this fragrance to be beautiful though. Time and effort put into it. Great use of ingredients. You're paying for the artwork too, and Duchaufour is no slouch on this one. Stunning!

On another note though. It does remind me very much of Varvatos Vintage, which I have. So for the time being, until I hit the lottery, I will stick with Vintage, even if I have to reapply it twice.

19th September, 2014

G.M.K.'s avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

I got it finally , and what a lovely fragrance it is , very incensy , woody oriental which has a hint of some Gucci's fragrances like Envy and Rush for men but far more better and high quality then those, Awesome blending of so many notes never get cloying , A trail of Myrh and Olibanum makes it dark smoky and sexy. So far the best Amouage I have tried.

13th July, 2014

Amouage Jubilation XXV Man EDP 7.5ml .3 fl oz New Mini Splash Unboxed Miniature
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from Bulgaria)

Member images of Jubilation XXV

There are no member images of Jubilation XXV yet. Why not be the first?