Jubilation XXV (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About Jubilation XXV

Jubilation XXV is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Reviews of Jubilation XXV

I will start by saying that this is one of the nicest smelling middle eastern scents out there. However, there are fragrances out there such as the Al Aneeq line with identical smelling scents that last longer at a fraction of the price.
06th June, 2017
I purchased this scent because I wanted an "all season"
fragrance which might evoke a different emotion as temperatures rose and fell. Certainly, in the store, Jubilation XXV was fascinating. Unfortunately, on me, this fragrance lasts about an hour, and the sillage forces me to stick my nose in the crux of my arm. I am disappointed.
25th April, 2017
Ratings are all at the end if you want to skip the hoopla...but:

I'm Tellin it Like I'm Smellin it:

Berries, incense, and booze in a nutshell.

Absolutely stunning. This is number two of two from the Amouage line that are "holy grail" fragrances to me and my personal definition of holy grail means a scent that meets the holy trinity: Olfactive Artistic Journey, Versatility, and Qualifies as a signature scent for the lay fragrance connoisseur. One might ask why Reflection Man or Memoir aren't in this list, well to be quite frank, Reflection reminds me of a JPG Le Male shaken (not stirred) with seltzer water with the florals tones down and the incense turned up. Beautiful, but not an olfactive journey. Memoir is too dark, rich, and brooding despite it's greener side to be considered versatile.

See my Sunshine Man review for deets.

Here, I speak from Bias because Jubilation XXV is my signature scent and has been for about five years.

FYI: if you have any questions about magnetic vs non magnetic cap..here's your answer: Doesn't matter. The only difference I notice is, the cap on the magnetic one attaches faster lol. As far as the juice goes, I think they're the same. I think with any high quality niche perfume house, batches are subject to change given ingredient dosage and alcohol content and oil concentration. I haven't noticed any differences and I have had a new bottle per year until the magnetic ones came.

Anywho, right off first spray, think berries, incense, and booze. BIB is the hallmark of this gorgeous scent but it truly is a celebration. 25 years and still on top! Amouage truly did it with this one because it really is a journey. I get some sort of berry (initially I thought it was juniper berries but it turns out it's blackberries) and citrus (orange I believe) and incense all in one. It gives it this amazing smokey vibe kind of like the one you get in Aventus but a lot more subdued, but there lingering in the air providing some sort of biblical aura. Speaking of, it's the biblical base (opoponax and myrrh) carrying the cedar and floral notes that provide that boozy sensation. Honey, cinnamon and clove enhance this and let me tell you BD annihilated this scent in a good way.

Berries, Incense, and Booze all toppled across a base of smoke and honeyed vanilla.

Please, never discontinue this masterpiece and beauty. Should the day come we will all be paying hefty hefty prices for this juice.

I damn sure will.

Scent: 10/10

Longevity: 10/10

Sillage: 10/10 - I think the aura that this surrounds you in is mystical. I've had people tell me you're wearing something "magical, brilliant, seductive, beautiful, amazing, gorgeous, etc etc" I had one lady run up to me from a Target next to a DSW I was at, and told me she would pay me if I told her what it was after I messed around a little and said I don't share my scents! I told her and she literally whipped out 20 bucks, I said no, just enjoy the scent for what it really is! I hope she heeded my advice or I'm going to ask for that money back!

Versatility: 10/10 - I know some people save this for special occasions, etc...why? Enjoy this for what it is. Like I said, holy grail - holy trinity - olfactive beauty, versatility, and qualifies as a signature. Wear it for that and I guarantee you'll make analogies to Donnie Darko (the more you watch it the more you uncover).

Overall, this is my scent. My signature, my best, my favorite. They say a true fragrance connoisseur has no signature.

Then deem me not a connoisseur, but someone who smells damn good because he's wearing this most of the time ;-)

Must try and perhaps, if one has the finances, must buy!
13th April, 2017
They should have named this "The Fall of the King".

The opening of this fragrance is every bit as wonderful as most of the reviews say it is. If you want to know what it smells like exactly, there are plenty of other reviewers that can do a better job. It's a harmonious, intoxicating (in a good way), enchanting scent and quite possibly the best I have ever smelled. Sweet but never cloying, spicy and slightly woody. If this is a dream, please don't wake me up. It is indeed a fragrance fit for kings and I would have gladly payed the €270 it costs for a full bottle, if this was where the fairy-tale had ended. If only...

Unfortunately this masterpiece also teaches us an important lesson about life. Two hours into the dry down, this wonderful fragrance slowly starts to shed its beautiful feathers. Ever so gradually the dream collapses and although there are hints of its former glory every now and then throughout the day, it turns into a very pedestrian, understated woody smell. In the very end the faint smell reminds me somewhat of an elderly person staring out the window, who's desperately trying to reminisce the days of his glorious youth, when all he can see is a haze.

If you're wealthy and you if like woody (and subtle incense) fragrances, this is the best there is. Nothing I've smelled comes close. It's glorious. But the dry down is the biggest disappointment I've come across in the world of fragrances. Not because it's bad, but because little is left of the initial Jubilation.
22nd February, 2017
Magnetic cap version:

Opens up with a smell reminiscent of fruit jam, which feels very high quality & lasts for no more than 15 minutes & soon transitions to the mid which smells like pure Frankincense with a hint of juicy jam from the top & this phase lasts up to 02 hours.

Further into the dry down after 2-3 hours of application the smell is quite similar to that of a freshly opened pack of Cigarettes upon a incensey/woody base.

I was so underwhelmed by this fragrance. Not worth the money at all.

Longevity: 8 hours
Projection: 5/10

Plastic cap version:

The opening of this hits you in the face. Big punchy whisky/berry/oud/rose/frankincense/tobacco combo.
I was blown away and instantly bought it.
As the hours pass by it loses the whisky/berry accord slowly while the big punchy oud/frankincense/tobacco/cedar/rose take the stage.

Longevity: 12+ hours
Projection: 9/10

02nd October, 2016 (last edited: 22nd May, 2017)
I have joined the fan club for this one: a warm, smoky, slightly sweet oriental, with a dash of immortelle. The smokiness in this elevates it among the orientals I've tried, and I've worn it several times in the couple weeks I've had it. I have started picking up on a menthol smell as part of the symphony, and it works, but it's challenging, intriguing, but medicinal.
01st October, 2016 (last edited: 14th October, 2016)

Add your review of Jubilation XXV

Shop for Jubilation XXV products online

Shop for Jubilation XXV at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jubilation XXV

Member images of Jubilation XXV

There are no member images of Jubilation XXV yet. Why not be the first?