Jubilation XXV (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About Jubilation XXV

Jubilation XXV is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Reviews of Jubilation XXV

-db- Show all reviews
On my skin, to my nose, I get blackberry (vines as much as fruit) and black tea. I like this, but am not super impressed. I wish I could get the incense on my skin, but don't.

However, there's more to this story...

I like to layer. (which I know is sacrilege to some; sorry). A little of this. A couple hours later a little of that. Just a little, light applications intending only that these be close-to-the-skin scents for my own pleasure. In my self-catering, scent-layering world, Jubilation XXV gets a big gold star and thumbs up for "plays well with others." A little XXV always seems to make other scents better. I particularly like using XXV to smooth out patchouli powerhouses.
08th September, 2019
Too heavy for daily wear.
Incense honey tobacco frankincense. The open and mid are very strong but eventually after a couple of hours it settles into a very pleasant gentle chocolaty incense. Still not a daily wearer but at that level it would make a great special occasion scent. But you have to weather the storm to get there.
Reckless Man is far superior and surrounds you in a delicious yumminess from the outset.
So not for me but I appreciate there are people who feel the urge to project the persona this cultured beast transports you to.

Fragrance: 7/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10

06th September, 2019
I love this smell, it is simply great.

However for me it seems to settle close to the skin way too soon (within an hour). This makes me sad because boy does it smell good.

Dispite this i will give it my tick of approval.

26th July, 2019
Iím not sure Iíve fully understood this one yet. Itís certainly a warm complex fragrance - incense, honey and florals (and for once the incense is nicely balanced and not shouting over everything else). All in all very pleasant, but it doesnít blow my socks off like some Ďmasterpiecesí. One to keep working on...

Update: iím glad I persevered with this - itís wonderfully complex - notes subtly emerge and drift away, and each time I wear this I get something new and interesting. For me, itís not a Ďgoing outí fragrance, thatís a number 1 in any particular situation - in an evening itís unlikely to attract or get the attention it deserves. Itís more of a Ďlong-term-relationship fragranceí where projecting an image or grabbing attention isnít important, and itís more about the enjoying the company of something with different moods - complex, subtle and nuanced.

If most other fragrances are an evening in the club or st a black-tie dinner, or a day by the sea or in the citrus grove etc etc, this one is more like an affair with an older man/woman. It operates on a different timescale and a different experience-level.
05th March, 2019 (last edited: 16th March, 2019)
This is a superb perfume that frustrates me because of my skin type, or because of my expectations, or both. It disappears from me much sooner than I'd like, and I want it to perform like Interlude Man! Please forgive my childish rant. I'm trying different amounts of sprays, different moisturisers, and thinking perhaps in warmer weather it'll last longer on me (although in N.E. England, warmer weather is hard to come by). It both lasts on and projects from my female friend's skin better than from my male. I'll try to accept this bum hand from nature, worse things happen at sea and all that.
But while it lasts on me it's sublime - I love that labdanum and olibanum are opening notes. A resinous, balsamic, rich warmth flows out from the start. Honey in the mid and opoponax and myrrh at the base ensure this is a smooth incense treat for me. I love the use of bay leaf, ambergris, and immortelle. There's just a wonderful balance of notes. The patch and herbs counter exquisitely the sweeter florals and spices. Three woods encompass it all without one of them overplaying its hand, even the oud. And a delicious blackberry note runs through it all.
Stunning.
It's one for me to enjoy by sniffing closely the elusive haze, indoors, alone, enraptured. I honestly get the whole 'Eastern' spiritual incense vibe from this - unfortunately I'm a greedy 'Western' materialist who wants MORE! ;)
Edit: I've put it in an atomiser and reapply when I'm out, sod the expense.
29th January, 2019
Original:
Jubilation XXV today. About 9 hours into the wear. It is a pretty scent. Not sensual, or attractive, but rich and opulent. My wife thought it smelled good when asked. Someone asked me if I smelled incense. That is what this smells like to me. Straight incense. But not dusty or dry. Smooth, mellow. Maybe a bit mysterious. Smells great, and there are a million notes, but I just almost feel like I wish there was something dirty in the base. Performance is good. I just keep getting a Kouros vibe. Like Kouros is the wild child, and this is the proper older sister, who is a much more traditional beauty.

Supplemental: Bought a decant of this one. I do not know how I was not able to get the black current out of this before. It is basically the biggest player early on. It is really beautiful. I wear this when I feel like I want the day to be special, say church/formal. I can't picture this scent in sweatpants.
17th January, 2019

Buy It Now for only: $9.49

Buy It Now for only: $11.49

Buy It Now for only: $15.49
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Jubilation XXV Man's Eau de Parfum 3ml 5ml 10ml 33ml Decant Spray Bottle

Buy It Now for only: $9.87

Buy It Now for only: $9.87

Buy It Now for only: $13.87

Buy It Now for only: $20.87

Member images of Jubilation XXV

There are no member images of Jubilation XXV yet. Why not be the first?