17/17 XXY (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseXerjoff
PackagingMarco Gas

About 17/17 XXY

17/17 XXY is a shared / unisex perfume by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2007 and the bottle was designed by Marco Gas

17/17 XXY fragrance notes

Reviews of 17/17 XXY

Note: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Peach, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine de Grasse, Orris, Black pepper, Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Vanilla beans, Musk.

XXY smells good, sometimes that is enough, sometimes it is not. At these prices, I honestly demand for more than simply a good smelling fragrance. Creativity (not there), uniqueness (not there), amazing drydown (not there. Woody amber anyone?).

The fragrance opens with a nice fruity/citrus combo immediately joined by a consistent dose of iris while jasmine remarks its presence firmly yet gently. So far, so good...Pepper breaks in and together with vetiver and patchouli provides a masculine twist that turns the initial feminine accord into something pleasantly androgynous. A strong deja-vu feeeling starts to materialize in my mind...Don't ask me why but I start to think about Coromandel, about L'Instand De Guerlain Pour Homme and, more in general, I think about Guerlain, Chanel...wait, a chypre without oakmoss, 31 Rue Cambon...Ok, just kidding, XXY shares (almost) nothing with the aforementioned fragrances but, at the same time, it's the classic type of composition that makes you think about something else...it's familiar (as opposed to unique).

After a couple of hours, the party get spoiled by the usual woody amber drydown. Now, my point is this: why we should splurge our money for an (overall) average quality fragrance? In an hypothetical world where fragrances could be compared to music, XXY would be just like an extremely talented musician releasing a new record made only of cover versions of trite songs and charging you for the full retail price.

I came to the conclusion that every country has its own "Creed". In italy we have Xerjoff.

Do yourself a favour, get a vintage Guerlain.
28th February, 2012
Parfum - highest concentration. Sampled,tested once this evening ,as a going out fragrance. Chypre- Oriental to me. Notes of black pepper,patchouli,bergamot,jasmine,amber,woods.
It has a delicious citrus opening ,almost savory ,bright ,alittle black pepper that comes in , the pepper gets stronger on me and stays ,swirled in with the pathcouli and jasmine . Lovely drydown - I get pepper, patchouli ,amber ,woods . Opens bright, turns down on volume ,still pulsates beautifully on my skin.

** The XJ 17/17 Collection samples are ALL parfum versions .I love how these parfums are totally unisex. Even Homme could be used by a woman .
18th June, 2010

Add your review of 17/17 XXY

Shop for 17/17 XXY products online

Shop for 17/17 XXY at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 17/17 XXY

Member images of 17/17 XXY

There are no member images of 17/17 XXY yet. Why not be the first?