Cereus pour Homme No. 5 (2007)
by Cereus

Cereus pour Homme No. 5 information

Year of Launch2007

PerfumerGabriela Chelariu

About Cereus pour Homme No. 5

Cereus pour Homme No. 5 is a masculine fragrance by Cereus. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Gabriela Chelariu

Reviews of Cereus pour Homme No. 5

The combination of fennel, orchid, and licorice bark creates a fantastic anise accord. It does have similarities to TdH, but I don't think this is anywhere near "clone" status. There's a lot to like about Cereus No.5 and very little not to like.
16th November, 2013
Not Terre de Hermes

I do understand the comparison between Terre de Hermes and Cereus no. 5 but I cannot stand to wear Terre de Hermes and yet I love C#5. I get a woodsy, warm spicy, rum & coke, and earthy vetiver combination that is versatile and can be worn any time of the year for any occasion.

Pros: Versatile, Relatively cheap now
Cons: None"

14th July, 2013
Better than I thought it would be.

Pleasantly surprised. The comparison's to TdH are there, but this is actually much closer to Yardley Citrus and Wood. What I like about Cereus No.5 is the dry down. I get the vetiver and orchid in the dry down which gives it an earthy type quality that is similar to the earthyness of Terre d'Hermes. I like Terre d'Hermes and Citrus and Wood so this was an instant like. If you don't own either one of these than this would be a great purchase considering it's price so low now. Also, this is a very versatile and summer friendly fragrance. Not bad at all.

Pros: A nice alternative for those who don't care for the ISO E Super overload of TdH.
Cons: Smells like TdH.

26th May, 2013
Very herbal - I'd almost call this a garrigue scent, like a mix of herbs and spices on a breeze. Oregano and black pepper are the stars of the show, with leafy dark basil for depth and clary sage for sweetness. It's foody and quite literal in that it very much does smell like kitchen spices. There's a citrus that fights its way through after a while, but the stars of the show are always the spices (I don't even know what Cereus is talking about with their "spider orchid" note...).

I can see where the TDH comparisons come from - No. 5 has a dark dirty heat to it that does call TDH to mind, but TDH is very abstract, all heat and fumes and earth, while No. 5 is very literal - it smells like spices. I think TDH is better when viewed as a work of abstract art, but I find it weirdly confounding and vaguely confrontational, and No. 5, while arguably less artful, is a lot less confusing to wrap my head around, and I actually quite enjoy it for that.
09th May, 2013
Many times I don't get the comparisons that people make so I try not to make them. However, When you open a new cologne and can only think of another cologne...

Like the other reviewers I immediately thought of Terre d'Hermes. This cologne fades MUCH faster and is far less powerful. This would be a great cologne for someone that likes the fragrance of TdH, but thinks it's a little too strong. Also, The dry down is much more floral the TdH.
13th May, 2010
This comes off as a shy, less masculine shoegazer version of Terre D'Hermes.
It's ok i guess, but since it's derivitave done worse, thumbs down.
30th March, 2010

Add your review of Cereus pour Homme No. 5

Shop for Cereus pour Homme No. 5 products online

Search Amazon for Cereus pour Homme No. 5

Member images of Cereus pour Homme No. 5

There are no member images of Cereus pour Homme No. 5 yet. Why not be the first?