Cereus pour Homme No. 7 (2007)
    by Cereus

Reviews of Cereus pour Homme No. 7

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

The opening is similar to GIT with a lighter violet note which lasts 30 to 45 minutes. Very nice and I actually prefer it over the GIT opening. After the 45 minute mark the tonka bean, coachwood, and leather notes take over with the citrus opening starting to fade into the background. The heart last a good 4 hours and it starts to resemble YSL L'homme but minus the ginger and the addition of much darker Wood and Tonka bean notes. Besides the richer notes the leather is what really separates it from smelling too much like L'homme. At about the 5 hour mark is when the tonka bean and woods give way. With the sweetness of the tonka bean disappearing the musk finally reveals itself and blends with the leather note to create the smell of a leather jacket. The drydown lasts a couple more hours and around the 7 mark it faded out. Sillage and projection were better than average, longevity was better than average, and the overall scent is really nice. This could be worn in almost any weather and for almost any occasion. Recommended for anyone that likes GIT and would be interested in smelling a more modern interpretation of it (much better than Chez Bond's take). Also for those that enjoy L'homme as it's a better quality and more mature version. While not the most original of fragrances it does separate itself as it's own fragrance by the the notes (leather specifically). Well blended, but not to the point where you can't enjoy each note. It isn't the most natural of fragrances, but all the notes are very well done and nothing is going to come up and bite your nose or become cloying. Overall I really think Cereus No.7 is a winner that will please those that enjoy popular fragrances, but can appreciate the differences and improvements over the mainstream.

29 August, 2011

Hollandaze's avatar
    Hollandaze

I bought this off someone in the classifieds as a blind buy. This was a leap of faith for me considering a lot of people compared the opening and a bit of the mid to Cool Water/Green Irish Tweed. I'm a huge fan of Green Irish Tweed and I was going to purchase it, however, I ignored my own advice of, "get what you actually want, not what's just like it". Well, with this one, it paid off pretty well.

The opening is familiar, it's a fresh green scent that's reminiscent of Green Irish Tweed. However, we get to the base where things take a slightly different turn. While Green Irish Tweed relatively sweet, mossy, and green, Cereus #7 has a somewhat synthetic leather note with some transparent musky woods that adds into the mix. It's almost as if it's an "updated" Green Irish Tweed that's slightly less natural smelling and about a notch more transparent. It sort of gives it an interesting edge where synthetic notes are done right. So, this is my current "go to" signature fragrance from this point on. It just works anywhere and any time.

However, for the price I got for this bottle in the classifieds, it was worth it. Is it worth it at the $125 plus tax from your local niche retailer? Not really. Especially if you're looking for a Green Irish Tweed replacement. You might as well dish out the extra money for the originator. However, it does a solid job of refreshing a 2 1/2 decade old composition. If I had to buy either one at the same price for the same amount of juice, I'd still choose Green Irish Tweed due to the fact that it provides a slightly thicker cloud of scent around you.

11th February, 2011

Grottola's avatar
    Grottola

Both SirSlarty and jrd4t are accurate - Cirrus No. 7 is a familiar scent, at least to me. It's like something I've smelled before, but then again quite unique. Regardless of comparison, Cirrus Pour Homme No. 7 is a decent fragrance. It opens with a cooling violet, cedar, and peppery spice accord that is sort of warm and fresh at the same time. The opening is boosted even more by an attractive coumarin/cherry almond sort of accord, but only faintly and for a few minutes. As the fragrance dries down, I get more spices, albeit discreetly, woods, synthetic (white) musk, and leather. Unique and masculine, try this for yourself, as I can't really describe the scent in words! The closest thing I can compare the drydown to is White Musk for Men by The Body Shop, but they're not identical. Nevertheless, lasts a while and projects well too, I may just fork over $125.00 for this one in the near future!

11th January, 2011

DULLAH's avatar
    DULLAH
    Turkey Turkey

From all the reviews I was expecting more GIT/CW/Chez type stuff, but I got a megadose of my least favorite, most shrill/powdery of the Ionones. The ionones are left far too naked in this scent for my tastes. Ody got it right when he said "piercingly translucent". That piercing shrill powdery/floral ionone obscures the rest of the notes for me rendering them unenjoyable. Which is strange, as another entirely synthetic scent, Kiton Black, uses the same ionone at similar concentration, and it doesn't bother me at all. This scent just isn't proportioned right for me. Comes off more as a modern Grey Flannel than any of the GIT/CW family. I love Cereus #4, but of #7, I'm not at all a fan.

15 August, 2010

Orgoglio italianO's avatar
    Orgoglio italianO

Great fragrance!!!! Great silage & staying power. Smells like a way better more refined Jovan Ginseng NRG too me. So if you like NRG,you will like this much better.

07 March, 2010

domdidom's avatar
    domdidom

I found this to be fresh and aquatic by nature with good sillage. But on my skin rather linear and reminiscent of Cool Water. It's pleasant but I don't think I'm bowled over enough to buy a bottle.

30th September, 2008