Cereus pour Homme No. 11 (2007)
    by Cereus

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 27 ratings

Cereus pour Homme No. 11 information

Cereus pour Homme No. 11 is a men's fragrance by Cereus. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by Steven deMarcado

Reviews of Cereus pour Homme No. 11

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Scentologist's avatar

Anise + Versace Fraiche

I had read that this is similar to kenzoair with the anise and cedar and this was my hope. The anise is there, more so on the first half of the journey. Cutting to the chase, this reminds me of DG Light Blue (fem) or versace fraiche with anise. Basically thats it. I do enjoy this version much more, but still a little too sweet and perhaps fem for my tastes.

Pros: Very Fresh
    Cons: Not original"

27 October, 2013

rogalal's avatar

A fairly nice vetiver topped with an icy wintergreen smell that reminds me of cough drops. There's an alcoholic vodka smell hiding in there, as well as some sort of vaguely synthetic smoky wood (iso e super, I believe) and hints of lemon and melon. The anise smells to me more like fennel, giving everything a leafy green hue that really sings under the iso e super smoke. The end result is quite nice, and No. 11 stands out as one of the best of the Cereus line, though I personally think Guerlain does icy vetiver better with both Vetiver Eau Glacee and Vetiver Pour Elle. But when all is said and done, anything that combines smoky wood, vetiver, and leafy greens is going to be a thumbs-up in my world.

03 May, 2013

silentrich's avatar

Mainly get a peppery vetiver throughout the life of the fragrance. The anise note isn't a prominent note like it is in Lolita Lempicka. It's more on the lines of the star anise in Rive Gauche. It's a pleasant enough, but doesn't stand out from the crowd and it's price is what makes it a no go.

07 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 17 September, 2011)

Buzzlepuff's avatar

Fantastic peppery licorice woods fragrance. Bits of grapefruit, anise, juniper and pepper yields a substantial but simple fresh wood scent that stays clean and present for hours. This fragrance is a solid choice out of a group of similarly scented fragrances I've tried that includes L' Artisan Navegar, Kenzoair, and Bond No. 9 Brooklyn. Cereus No. ll is more substantial and less sythetic than Kenzoair, a bit greener than Navegar and not nearly as aquatic as Bond No. 9 Brooklyn. A great choice for spring or summer warm weather.

28 March, 2009

tvlampboy's avatar

I detect a strong note of vetiver here, but perhaps it's just the wood notes I'm picking up on, or even something a hair grassier/greener than those. Like SirSlarty, I too pick up a distinctive anise-like accord in the opening, although I must admit that this dries down within a few minutes.

Rich, woody, almost creamy center in this bad boy, with just hints of pepper and citrus.

A definite thumbs up, yes, but I won't likely seek a bottle. (Not at Cereus' prices.)

13 January, 2009

odysseusm's avatar

Cereus 11 notes: iced anise, gimlet, juniper berry, black pepper, platinum musk, gentle woods.
    This has a cool herbal-green opening: dry, minty, somewhat interesting. It is quite lemony at this point. I donít get ANY pepper. Airy but not unpleasantly synthetic. I donít get any anise/licorice, nor any aromatic piney gin-like notes from the juniper. Basically, for me this is a breezy lemon scentÖ barely there, irrespective of the amount applied. Nothing objectionable, except its lack of distinctiveness and its niche price.

02 September, 2008