Vaniglia del Madagascar
by I Profumi di Firenze

Vaniglia del Madagascar information

HouseI Profumi di Firenze

About Vaniglia del Madagascar

Vaniglia del Madagascar is a shared / unisex perfume by I Profumi di Firenze.

Reviews of Vaniglia del Madagascar

Baking / cooking vanilla. Quality, vanilla extract. Brandied nuances. Petalia-brewed in its formula. Vague squeeze of bergamot in the distance. Vanilla, on the bias cut. Almost wildflower aromas in here, and about. A different take, on vanilla. Impressive!

The vanilla here seems warm. Dainty metallic note, like old brass musical instruments. Or, an old, lipstick case from the 1950's.

Moody. Sultry.
13th September, 2019
I've long heard good things about Il Profumi di Firenze Vaniglia del Madagascar, Madagascar vanilla being, in my understanding, perhaps the sweetest type of vanilla, and the experience of smelling it a couple occasions on skin (finally) does not disappoint.

The fragrance both has distinction of both being unusually tip-of-the-tongue sweet but also somewhat floral as well, but subtly, via lily-of-the-valley; usually floral vanillas back off on the sweetness somewhat, at least in my recollection. Despite its sweetness, though—not usually a problem for me—it’s very smooth and I regard it was one of the easier-to-wear floral vanilla fragrances out there, a little less strident than, say, Dame Perfumery Black Flower Mexican Vanilla, another great example of a floral vanilla fragrance, and more modestly priced, in fairness.

It performs quite well, so there’s no value lost in that respect. The retail price ($190 for 100ml at Barney’s) is a bit higher than I’d pay for it but if there are grey market deals to be had, I’d certainly recommend checking this one out or at least procuring a decant. Vanilla lovers should find this to be pretty effortless wear, but it may not dazzle or stand out enough to merit acquiring a bottle. That’s more or less my stance. Still, it’s very nice and I’ll enjoy the decant that I have.

7 out of 10
13th February, 2019
Loro Show all reviews
I get two scents here:

Imagine walking into a kitchen filled with the most glorious, naturalistic vanilla aroma - a pile of fresh pods on the table, just split open, the promise of sweet delights to come, heady, rich and inviting. A rare, true vanilla.

And in the corner, someone is filling a bowl with hot water, the heat releasing fumes from a sharp, synthetic-floral harsh white cleaning fluid, the kind that really gets the back of your throat.

So try as you might, you can't really enjoy the full wonder of the vanilla, because there is this irritation in the background. Or forefront, actually.

A missed opportunity - such a shame.
10th November, 2015
Excellent Vanilla

The scent begins with a predominating slightly boozy vanilla accord in tandem with an unexpected muguet note, which is very pleasant. This scent is not unbearably sugary and cloying. This is due in part to the quality of the vanilla, which is very, very good—no tinniness that you find with cheap stuff. So instead, what you have is a kind of dry, buoyant sweetness that is feminine and happy-making.

As the scent develops, the floral quality retreats and the vanilla remains, with a trace of powder in the background. As others have mentioned, this would be a great layering scent due to its simplicity.

Moderate sillage. The longevity for me was good—about 5 hours.

Pros: High quality
Cons: Lack of complexity, but is that a con?"

30th August, 2013
Vanilla ice cream with a light floral garnish. Very pretty, light, soft, warm, stays close to the skin.
31st March, 2013

This is probably a vanilla lovers dream, although I wouldn’t call it a pure vanilla scent. There is a floral – orchid – subtly but persistently present in the background of the vanilla note, and orchid is one of my major dislikes. The vanilla here is excellent. It is not an excessively sweet variety… it has a slight woody ambiance, as if they included the vanilla pod in the mixture, and I think the vanilla has a slightly heated or burned effect, too – I get a trace of caramel. I am not a vanilla lover but I do enjoy the use of vanilla in Vaniglia del Madagascar, even though the orchid rather annoys me. I recognize this as a fragrance that would probably be very dear to a true vanilla lover. It is feminine, has a soft sillage, and does not last very long on my skin – three or four hours.

21st November, 2008

Add your review of Vaniglia del Madagascar

Shop for Vaniglia del Madagascar products online

Member images of Vaniglia del Madagascar

There are no member images of Vaniglia del Madagascar yet. Why not be the first?