Monsieur Eau du Matin (2008)
    by Jean Paul Gaultier

Monsieur Eau du Matin information

A fragranced body spray to accompany JPG's Monsieur skincare range.

Shop for Monsieur Eau du Matin products online

$38.39*
    100ml Fragrance
    (*converted from GBP 22.95)

Reviews of Monsieur Eau du Matin

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Oviatt's avatar
    Oviatt

This is really nice. I do not care for Gaultier's masculine scents--in fact Le Male is one of my two most hated scents (Kouros being the other)--but I love this. It is a beautiful, light eau de cologne that you can wear anytime, in any situation. It is perfect for the office. The bergamot, petitgrain, cedarand gaiac wood are perfectly balanced. Like a classic cologne, there is not much sillage and minimal longevity, but when the mood strikes or the situation calls for it, this is nice. Wonderful line of grooming products. I am glad to have found a Gaultier I like. Ironically, I think that his feminine fragrances are stunning--especially Classique and Fragile--an I am always happy to smell them on a woman.

10th December, 2012

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

I endorse this for the following reasons. It is a pleasant, natural-smelling green scent. It is not expensive. It has accompanying skin care products for effortless layering.
    Admittedly, it is low-key. "Discreet" is how the advertising describes it. It sits very close to the skin and doesn't last long.
    It is a bit like Mugler Cologne but greener, leafier and lacks the vetiver note.
    Notes: bergamot, petitgrain, cedar, gaiac wood.

04 May, 2011

michailG's avatar
    michailG

If indeed its poor longevity is due to good quality natural essential oils as L' Aventurier suggests then I am glad I went for a bottle of Eau du Matin ... I first tried it when it was launched and I liked it but I wasn't convinced because of ... its poor longevity... at that time I already liked more TM Eau de Cologne. Recently however when I rediscovered Eau du Matin, it's subtlety won me over and now I enjoy wearing it very much. I use it as a body mist after shower and ... I am not stingy during application. This may explain why on my skin Eau du Matin lasts for quite a few hours ... very close to my skin though. This would normally somewhat bother me, however, with this one I don't mind... yet! I am sure though that these 100ml will not last me more than a couple of months... so I better slow down!

17 March, 2011

thatsmr2usir's avatar
    thatsmr2usir

This is a nice scent fresh, crisp eye opening, but it lacks longevity, Well it really is a EDC & they are not meant to last long anyway. Nice EDC from Gaultier. If it had longer staying power, the masses would be much more satisfied.

26 October, 2010

L'Aventurier's avatar
    L'Aventurier

Overall, Eau du Matin smells mostly like lime and citrus oils accompanied by natural cedar essential oil. At first I thought that Eau du Matin kind of smelled like a boring version of Mugler Cologne, but with deeper inspection, they're actually quite different. Eau du Matin might smell less interesting than Mugler Cologne, but that's because it's not loaded with synthetic ingredients (a strange anomaly for a fragrance from Jean Paul Gaultier).

While at first I wasn't blown away by Eau du Matin, I've grown to love it. One of its major selling points for me is the cedar note, which, to my surprise is actually natural cedar and not the cheaper alternative, Iso E Super (a synthetic aromachemical reminiscent of cedar).

While sillage and longevity are the pits, that's the price one pays for quality ingredients. At least it's decently priced.

8.75/10

13 July, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 November, 2009)

ksquare's avatar
    ksquare
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

I tried it at Lane Crawford Hong Kong. It smells nice, but I wasn't sure if I should pay that sum for a body spray.

31st January, 2009