Lui (2006)

HouseMazzolari

About Lui

Lui is a masculine fragrance by Mazzolari. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Lui

Its open understandably drives 'em away. However, those with the necessary patience will likely find an appealing musky, patchouli, amber that lasts a full day. Is it possible to be both dusty and musty? My mind goes to one of those cured oak barrels ready to hold a good bourbon or scotch. Chock full of base notes for sure. I find a lighter but similar feel in the dry-down of Maxim's pH - with that one, there's a fruity/floral aspect in the heart, but the base is remindful of Lui. If you can believe it, there's a more pungent ringer for Lui in Laura Tonatto's Re which is hard to find these days but worth it if you're a fan. Good stuff, all, and TRUE masculines.
04th March, 2016
This is one of those scents, that has, at application, a brutal assault to the senses. Last time I experienced this kind of intoxicating, almost repulsive attack was with Dior's Leather Oud.
It settles quickly down to an extraordinarily beautiful, purring Patchouli animal and is a joy to wear. A woman could wear it, however it is definitely designed as a man-cozy fragrance. Recommended!
03rd March, 2016 (last edited: 22nd April, 2016)
One of those fragrances that really separates the men from the boys, and a true masculine. An animalic patchouli, with leather and musk. The animal I get, overwhelmingly, is a horse, even a sweat-soaked stallion, it's that strong, at least initially. This is not a perfume for the faint of heart, or someone who thinks the latest overpriced department store aquatic is the bomb. An amazing fragrance and a must for Patchouli lovers.
28th March, 2015
Wow this frag gets a lot of positive reviews, but I did not like it at all.

It opens smelling like a fine pair of crafted leather shoes… that a cat just sprayed on. The civet note is overpowering, and makes this one smell pretty disgusting to me. Also, it has nuclear sillage and staying power. And oddly, starts to get powdery on top of all that as it evolves. Could barely scrub this one off fast enough.
03rd March, 2015
I can't seriously beleive that anyone would wear this. The Emperor has no clothes - and he smells of urine and baby powder. If this is supposed to be a unisex fragrance, then yeah I guess both male and female urine mixed with baby powder would apply, and when you take into consideration the price per bottle...ROTFLMFAO!
28th January, 2015
Buffalo.

My initial reaction to the smell on myself was, "this must be what a buffalo smells like." Seriously. Though, that civet smell could convey a far more sleek animal that a buffalo. Not sure why that was on my mind.

But yeah, the first 20 minutes was more animalic than any other scent I've tried. After that, it changes a bit and I got a little more balanced leather/patchouli mix. Daring scent in some ways, but maybe you just need to be in the right mood to rock this scent. I'm going to wear it some more and see how my impression of it changes. Just rock it confidently.
06th January, 2015

Add your review of Lui

Shop for Lui products online

Shop for Lui at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lui

Member images of Lui

There are no member images of Lui yet. Why not be the first?