Lui
by Mazzolari

Lui information

HouseMazzolari

About Lui

Lui is a masculine fragrance by Mazzolari.

Reviews of Lui

One of those fragrances that really separates the men from the boys, and a true masculine. An animalic patchouli, with leather and musk. The animal I get, overwhelmingly, is a horse, even a sweat-soaked stallion, it's that strong, at least initially. This is not a perfume for the faint of heart, or someone who thinks the latest overpriced department store aquatic is the bomb. An amazing fragrance and a must for Patchouli lovers.
28th March, 2015
Wow this frag gets a lot of positive reviews, but I did not like it at all.

It opens smelling like a fine pair of crafted leather shoes… that a cat just sprayed on. The civet note is overpowering, and makes this one smell pretty disgusting to me. Also, it has nuclear sillage and staying power. And oddly, starts to get powdery on top of all that as it evolves. Could barely scrub this one off fast enough.
03rd March, 2015
I can't seriously beleive that anyone would wear this. The Emperor has no clothes - and he smells of urine and baby powder. If this is supposed to be a unisex fragrance, then yeah I guess both male and female urine mixed with baby powder would apply, and when you take into consideration the price per bottle...ROTFLMFAO!
28th January, 2015
Buffalo.

My initial reaction to the smell on myself was, "this must be what a buffalo smells like." Seriously. Though, that civet smell could convey a far more sleek animal that a buffalo. Not sure why that was on my mind.

But yeah, the first 20 minutes was more animalic than any other scent I've tried. After that, it changes a bit and I got a little more balanced leather/patchouli mix. Daring scent in some ways, but maybe you just need to be in the right mood to rock this scent. I'm going to wear it some more and see how my impression of it changes. Just rock it confidently.
06th January, 2015
I did not read any reviews before acquiring this fragrance, so unfortunately I made a huge mistake and applied WAY too much on the first go around! This stuff is atomic!

I have Mazzolari's Patchouly, and as nice of a scent it is, it doesn't hold a candle to it's sibling, Lui. The opening shot me a blast of green patchouli and soft, powdery amber. As it wore on, the animalic quality that so many reviews speak to, makes it's presence known. This is a gentler Muscs Koublai Khan, more refined, but just a bold.

Amber shines in a dry down that still maintains it's stout masculinity. I do not know when I can wear this outside of the cold Saturday at present. This could be too much for the general public! I love it!! A masterpiece, and as close to 5 stars as possible!
20th December, 2014
Not a fan of civet. Besides the Patchouli, the civet was the first note that hit my nose. That animalistic vibe was a deal breaker for me. I do like amber, but I had to wait too long (about 30 minutes) before I really smelled it. Reminded me of Leather Oud without the leather. 6/10
14th October, 2014 (last edited: 11th February, 2015)

Add your review of Lui

Shop for Lui products online

Shop for Lui at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lui

Member images of Lui

There are no member images of Lui yet. Why not be the first?