GapBody White Amber (2007)
by Gap

GapBody White Amber information

Year of Launch2007

HouseGap
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About GapBody White Amber

GapBody White Amber is a feminine perfume by Gap. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of GapBody White Amber

This is why I continue to blind buy, even after some considerable duds.

White amber opens with an appropriately amber-tinged bergamot and ivy. It gives, for a few minutes, a cleaning product impression-- whether it's Pine Sol or some Neutrogena face wash is hard to sort out. When the scent calms down a bit the notes separate and announce themselves softly. The bergamot stays close with the ivy, and it is these two responsible for the 'cleaner' feeling. The ivy is reminiscent of that which is the highlight of Paul Smith's Story for Men, only here the setting makes it cozy instead of loud and dirty. It's an interesting enough ivy to rival any of the Lolita Lempicka line (though I am not by any means calling this better overall). There is a faint smokiness to the woods, so there might be cedar or guaiac, and the amber in the base, though obviously not of the highest quality, is pleasantly warm and vanillic. It's interesting to note that after about half an hour the ivy seems to vanish, only to magically emerge with the full-on drydown. Longevity is below average but the drydown has about an inch of projection, which is neat.

This is a charming and warm fragrance which I find absolutely unisex, as (despite the name) it contains no white florals. If, as bookwyrmsmith and I did, you ever see this at a discounter for $8 snatch it up: This is among the best in the Gap line.
11th April, 2011
Just bought a bottle for $7.99 at TJMaxx and sprayed some here at home and my impression is initially alcohol,ink smell,astringint facial toner,and maybe a hint of woods and maybe an even fainter hint of vanilla.Overall impression for me is of an alcohol wipe run over skin (that had slight trace remnants of a vanilla scent on it) in preparation for something medical and unpleasant.
10th August, 2010
This smells like spending a lazy winter afternoon in front of a fireplace fooling around with your S.O. and there is light snow falling outside on evergreens. This is very different from other white ambers I have sampled but I like it.
22nd January, 2010
I know it is sacreligious but this scent totally smells very much like SL Miel de Bois! Yea for me! Notes are bergamot, amber and incense woods. I got a big ol' 3.5 oz bottle of the ETD for $12, presented in a classy clear glass bottle; the lable has a "niche"-y feel with small typewriter style font and a #. It has a fresh opening but dries down "hot" and smells much more like honey and woods than amber to my nose. This is not a typical sweet white amber. I truly am loving it.
26th July, 2008
26th July, 2008

Add your review of GapBody White Amber

Shop for GapBody White Amber products online

Search Amazon for GapBody White Amber

Member images of GapBody White Amber

There are no member images of GapBody White Amber yet. Why not be the first?