The Natural (2007)

HouseGap

About The Natural

The Natural is a shared / unisex perfume by Gap. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of The Natural

The Natural is an exceptionally nice, simple, and underrated citrus scent. In the opening, I get this candied lime note that just smells so edible. I slightly pick up on the vetiver behind it, a very clean and slightly soapy vetiver; but the lime/citrus really dominates this one. It stays fairly linear throughout, although the vetiver note becomes more noticeable as it dries down. About 10 minutes or so into it and I get a weird note, it almost smells unnatural; but after doing some research, I found out it is caraway... ya definitley caraway in here.

Surprisingly, this one lasts 8+ hours on me more times than not, because when you initially put it on, you don't expect it to last. If you see this one for a low price, I wouldn't hesitate to blind buy it. I blind bought mine a few years ago for 7.99 for a 3.4 oz, and I have no regrets. Prices have shot up a bit (to the 30-40 dollar range) on ebay, and I still think that is worth it.
20th January, 2014
A pleasant and surprisingly long-lasting grapefruit cologne. I agree with the comparison to Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin, though this is less complex. Has a good balance of sweet and tart -- I would say it's "off-dry" in Turin's turn of phrase. Easily worth the bargain-basement prices mentioned here.
02nd August, 2012
I picked it up at TJMaxx for $7.99. It's a decent, natural smelling sharp citrus fragrance. It lasts quite a long time for this type of edt (4+ hrs).
To me it smells a lot like the much more expensive Jo Malone's "Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne".
18th July, 2011
At first sniff, it reminds me of Terre d'Hermes, but this Gap starts out sharper and more zesty and it's harsh. I'm going to call this the poor man version of Terre d'Hermes.
12th July, 2010
This is an inexpensive scent, and it is OK. Of the three in this series, it was the only one that interested me. It is a combination of citrus and green notes, on a vetiver base. The citrus is perky and fresh. The vetiver is solid, and a bit soapy. The dry-down reveals that this is a budget fragrance. It doesn't go anywhere, it gets a bit sweet and synthetic, it certainly doesn't develop much of interest beyond its initial flurry of activity. Competent, that's all. If you are interested in vetiver, check it out, it is affordable.
07th December, 2008

Add your review of The Natural

Shop for The Natural products online

Search Amazon for The Natural

Member images of The Natural

There are no member images of The Natural yet. Why not be the first?