The Visionary (2007)

The Visionary information

Year of Launch2007

Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About The Visionary

The Visionary is a shared / unisex perfume by Gap. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of The Visionary

Caraway, Fennel, Geranium.

One of the Gap Individuals series, The Visionary has been in my wardrobe for years now. I wear it in rotation with all the rest and even now, after all this time, it still smells more like a linear niche offering than it does an economical designer. I have the series and each one is a viable scent that either gender can pull off. While not my favorite of the Individuals series, the Visionary is still something I reach for when I want to smell just a bit different.

The scent is fully developed from the initial application and is the epitome of a linear fragrance. That aside, the Visionary has this persistent quality inherent in the composition that permits it too smell full bodied for an impressive length of time.

What blankets my skin is some heady, herbaceous spice and Geranium. I won't say that this is a conventional rendition of Geranium, but the floral component is there nonetheless and the result is positive. The Visionary somehow conveys a lightness, yet wears much heavier ( at least on me ). It never wavers or transitions. It simply diminishes its volume and presence from the passage of time. I can detect this scent the next day, but the realistic longevity is perhaps 8 hours as a noticeable fragrance. Perhaps something about my skin embellishes The Visionary or it simply possesses impressive hang time. You will have to be your own judge concerning this.

The Individuals by Gap were released in 2007 and as far as I know, consisted of the 5 fragrances I'm familiar with. I could be wrong about the year and if so, my apologies. The Visionary, The Natural, The Original, The Lover and The Artist all seem to have that full bodied texture that could pass for a more upscale item.

Sillage for The Visionary is good and the throw is perfect, for all intents and purposes. Longevity is approximately 8 hours on me, with a few of those being relegated as a personal space scent. It doesn't have the WOW factor for me to love it, but a thumbs up is definitely warranted. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.
27th February, 2015
Do you want green?, I mean GREEN!!!!!, then this is your fragrance.
The geranium is very intense supported by caraway. So spicy green that it reminds me coming back from the farmer's market with a a bag full of celery, lettuce and cilantro. Tha's it!!!, it smells like celery, lettuce and cilantro!!!!
A ver subtle woody drydown, maybe due to a pinch of vetiver thrown into the mixture as a last thought that is not even mentioned in the pyramid, and it is very faint indeed.
Well done perfume that you will like it if you are into greens, but geranium is a note "non grata" for my nose so it only gets a neutral from me.
12th February, 2012
The Visionary opens with a strong, aromatic combination of geranium and caraway, which feels sharp, warm, and subtly spicy. The top fades drastically in volume within five minutes, and a wisp of fennel emerges. The fennel is very light, which is a shame because I love it in fragrances and honestly this scent could have benefited from a little extra strength. After an hour the Visionary dries down to a soft, amber/wood skin scent. Overall, this offering has poor longevity unless sprayed on clothes, and little projection, but it's certainly unique in a pleasant way, and so far my favorite of the Gap line. I would love a stronger, higher budget take on this.
27th January, 2011

Add your review of The Visionary

Shop for The Visionary products online

Shop for The Visionary at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for The Visionary

Member images of The Visionary

There are no member images of The Visionary yet. Why not be the first?