Natsumi (2004)
    by Annayaké

Natsumi Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Natsumi

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

kastehelmi's avatar
    kastehelmi

I thought I loved cedar, but this makes me feel otherwise.What smells wonderful in a sauna doesn't necessarily sing on my skin.

This is one of those fragrances that I was excited to try, liked one aspect about it, without paying enough critical attention to decide whether it's really great for me or not. The strong peach, the unusual watermelon note, and the the lily of the valley all left me excited enough to think I liked it, even while the sharpness was putting me off.

This light wood-the sharpness of freshly cut cedar, the feel of sticking your nose in it, is not for everybody. In any case, it's not for me. I don't like the usual sharpness of straightforward florals, whatever makes this so stingingly sharp doesn't work for me, but this is still an interesting composition, worthy of trying once, a refreshing sharpness. On somebody else, this might smell *elegant* and fresh, but I am not sure whether it would be equally sharp-smelling from a distance.

21st March, 2011