Mazzolari Vetyver
    by Mazzolari

Shop for Mazzolari Vetyver products online

Reviews of Mazzolari Vetyver

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

kumquat's avatar
    kumquat

Floral, grassy sandalwood. Has a soapy warm, golden appeal. Chypre-like. Unisex. So fresh and Spring-friendly. It makes you think of Spring or feel like you are sitting out on the patio. Lasts a long time and mellows nicely, too.

11th March, 2014

Sunsetspawn's avatar
    Sunsetspawn

Clean, citrus, vetiver, sandalwood, a hint of herbs and spice, barbershop, warm weather, yada yada...

That's the basic idea I needed to get off of my chest. Now, with that out of the way, I can get to, what I feel, is a more important point. This stuff has raw, brutal potency, despite it being a clean scent (Lui and Patchouly share this ferocity, but smell nothing like Vetyver). It's like a volume knob being turned up too much causing the sound to distort. The drydown becomes beautiful but it takes about 5 hours IF you're using clothing sprays like I often do. Skin bleeds the brutality off much more quickly, and Vetyver seems particularly suited to my skin as my skin usually absorbs most of the scent out of a fragrance in two hours or less. It would probably take my a few wearings to really fine tune my ratio of clothing to skin sprays, but for most people I would recommend skin only as clothing really holds the full brutality of the opening for a long time.

"These go to eleven."

03 September, 2011

scentsitivity's avatar
    scentsitivity

A woody vetiver, touched with citrus and nutmeg. I think tobacco plays an important role in this one and for a tobacco-vetiver blend, this is smoother than Guerlain’s offering. Well-blended. A decent scent, but not my first choice for vetiver.

09 March, 2010

Buzzlepuff's avatar
    Buzzlepuff

Upon first wearing Mazolari Vetyver I passed it off as a traditional mens fragrance blend so common from some mens fragrance brands. The opening smells mostly of sandlawood and citrus. I was disappointed because it does not smell like a vetiver fragrance at all at first. But vetiver does emerge along with a soft nutmeg note that gives the sandalwood / vetiver a silvery soft quality that is very appealing especially after the citrus disappears. Might be a touch of patchouli hidden in their with the nutmeg and sandalwood. The opening of this scent is not very special, but the drydown is much more subtle and very pleasing. Mazzolari Vetiver wears more like a blended fragrance that happens to have vetiver in it than a vetiver scent, so I really don't compare it to other vetiver fragrances much. It reminds me of Monsieur Carven, Mark Birley for Men, or even the Austrian eau de cologne from Von Sierstorpf - all mens fragrances that use subtle blends of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver with soft spice to achieve an effect of distinguished cleanliness. It has taken multiple tries at Mazzolari Vetyver, but I think I like it as a mens aromatic light wood cologne, but it is not a favorite as a vetiver scent - it really is more than just vetiver. As a vetiver fragrance I would give this a neutral review, but as a mens cologne I earns a thumbs up.

19 December, 2009

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

At first I thought this was a good, but not great, vetiver. Since then, I have sampled more vetiver fragrances, and I am now more impressed with the Mazzolari. Like my other favorites, it allows the rooty, natural scent of vetiver to shine through. I don’t tolerate many supporting notes, preferring this note sans adornment. Here it is combined with lemon and nutmeg, two common companions. Some sweet notes that I do not recognize are included, and it leans toward masculine territory, but in a fresh, clean way that women can enjoy wearing. My favorites have always been Guerlain Vetiver and Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire, but the Mazzolari has moved up to take its place alongside these.

15 October, 2008 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2011)

Joe_Frances's avatar
    Joe_Frances

This is among the most wearable of vetiver fragrances. It is subtle, charming and companionable. It is also complex, intriguing and versatile. Soft but with good longevity, it is not forward, nor is it noisy or riotously dissonant. This is not at all your natural "just out of the ground" rooty, dirty vetiver that would appeal most to agronomists. No, it doesn't have an essence of recently cultivated terra firma after a heavy rain storm. This is a vetiver that smells nice and clean. It is a very lovely, charming fragrance that has equal elements of old world charm; Italian barbershop propriety and unassuming elegance. This is not an overly masculine vetiver, and while I believe it is primarily a man's fragrance, it might do well for females looking for something with suavity and a touch of bite that is not overly floral or in any way "girly", There is a touch of floral, but just a touch. So, it's not really "unisex"-- what a crass name. It's more universal for the discerning. Aesthetically catholic, like Acqua di Parma, but less......, well one hates to say it but, less common.

14 April, 2008 (Last Edited: 26 December, 2010)

Add your review of Mazzolari Vetyver