Dirty English (2008)

PerfumerClaude Dir
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchElizabeth Arden Inc

About Dirty English

Dirty English is a masculine fragrance by Juicy Couture. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Claude Dir

Reviews of Dirty English

Dir's English Tea. The
Utter reboot of Old School.
Skateboarder santal.
18th June, 2017
I actually blind bought a bottle of Dirty English.I would have tried it but no where locally had a tester.I love leather and knew this stuff would appeal to my old-school taste...so why not drop the $20.

From what I've came to wearing Dirty English for a few weeks is that I like this scent...grew on me really fast.Every time I sniffed this though I kept thinking 'something in this smells familiar to an older cologne I had'...Havana by Aramis.It's the booze and spicy clove heart that struck a familiar vein,beyond that?Dirty English and Havana are very different.Lots of leather,a mild then growing to strongly dry sandalwood,booze and clove.Not too much clove though...it is turned down a little more versus Havana.The notes change hands in strength quite a bit so it does morph quite a bit and keeps my nose interested.

I don't really feel it has poor performance aside from it doesn't come with powerhouse sillage.It's a fair projection scent but noticeable at close range.1 spray to the neck and two to the chest I can smell Dirty English drifting up from my shirt for almost 8 hours.I could see if Dirty English were powerhouse level it would be easy to overdo it's strong scent character.And this is the current formula by EA Fragrances.Very curious to try the original formula by Juicy Couture and see if it was better or not.Even if Dirty English was better?still worth the 4-star rating as-is.
17th February, 2017
Stardate 20161013:

A nice woodsy boozy fragrance. Has some smoke too. Kinda like GPH and CdG2Man. Not as good but then costs peanuts. Better than all the cool water clones out there.
I just wish it performed better.
For the price a no brainer and the bottle is amazing.
13th October, 2016
At this price point, it's probably one of the nicest mature men's fragrances. Leather and woods executed quite well. Though On absolute terms against the big boys it is average, I find I wear it at home when I am in loungewear. I wouldn't waste a day out with this.
11th May, 2016
Not bad but not good either just bleh. It shouldn't offend anyone so it is good for weekend wear or the office. No aspect of this juice is offensive to my nose but nothing about it makes me want to keep smelling it either.
29th April, 2016
Tested from a 5 ml splash-on EDT sample with plastic stopper.
I get the orange at the start, and then mostly leather. Not much wood unfortunately. I was hoping for some of the listed sandalwood, moss, cedar and vetiver, but got none of these, so it's not for me. It's not offensive - though I don't really picture a fast-living, crazy bad guy here.....
Quite light and was gone from my skin in less than 2 hours - stayed a bit longer on my shirt collar.
On the plus side, it's cheap, and the bottle in the picture looks cool.
April 2016