Les Echappées - Siwa (2008)
by Memo

Les Echappées - Siwa information

Year of Launch2008

HouseMemo
PerfumerAliénor Massenet
SupplierIFF

About Les Echappées - Siwa

Les Echappées - Siwa is a feminine perfume by Memo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aliénor Massenet

Les Echappées - Siwa fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Echappées - Siwa

A strange but refined semi-gourmand centered over a soapy-boozy white chord of cereals (kind of rice cream in my perception), liqueur and balsams with a sort of durable floral botanic vibe. I detect the aldehydes with that typical characteristic radiance and catch the role of the sweet spices (the cinnamon is just yummy and tasty but not pungent). The note of whisky is well calibrated and starts fading in the central part of the development. Thanks God the floral note of narcissus is tenacious (but discreet) providing a touch of articulation in the body of an easy and soapy juice. I catch more a sort of soapy-neutral amber-benzoin than properly a tasty-yummy vanilla in the base. The scent is comforting, dreamy, averagely mild and ethereal but in a cosmetic kind of vein and a bit poor about complexity, structure and sophistication. The lasting power infortunately is too faint.
13th September, 2012 (last edited: 09th January, 2015)
When you spray it you have a sniff of vanilla, cinnamond and wiskey in rapid succession. The three are well blent but disapper instantly. What is left is only a faint idea of alcohool. Why working on a nice accord if it doesn't last more than 30 seconds? This is the first Memo product I try, but it is not promising.
13th January, 2012
orrisboy Show all reviews
These Memo scents are strange creatures, transparent and ghostly almost. Ethereal interpretations of times, moods and destinations. Siwa is cereals, vanilla and aldehydes, so soft as to be almost haunting. Like walking through an abandoned holiday villa but knowing you still feel the traces of parties before you. I know gourmands are now everywhere, leaking their sugars, caramels and chocolates into an already sticky atmosphere, but I found myself oddly addicted to this. Popcorn and whisky are listed in the notes and it does have a whisper of Glayva, a weird whisky liqueur I sipped in my teenage years, with pretentions to sophistication. It smells like well made white chocolate on my skin, with little traces of spice as it settles, the popcorn thing? Who knows…..maybe it’s the lick of nut butter? I went through three bottles before getting bored. Can’t really explain why I liked it so much, it just smelled so good on, deeply comforting and so …white. Actually, thinking about it now, maybe the popcorn note explains the lack of control I had with Siwa, constantly reapplying and inhaling. I find with popcorn, once I start I just can’t stop.

09th July, 2010
Actually Siwa is a gorgeous not overly sweet gourmand fragrance, there is nothing FLORAL about this one at all. Great comfort scent for the cooler part of the season. Great lasting power too.
24th October, 2009

Add your review of Les Echappées - Siwa

Shop for Les Echappées - Siwa products online

Search Amazon for Les Echappées - Siwa

Member images of Les Echappées - Siwa

There are no member images of Les Echappées - Siwa yet. Why not be the first?