Proraso Dopobarba / After Shave
    by Proraso

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 13 ratings

Proraso Dopobarba / After Shave information

An after shave of the old-school variety with menthol, witch hazel and allantoin.

Reviews of Proraso Dopobarba / After Shave

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

buback's avatar

Wonderful clean, energizing smell. I own the cream aftershave, which has little to no burn; just a cooling menthol feel. It smells of mint, aloe, soap, and a bit of citrus. My fiancee loves when I come out of the bathroom after shaving.

22 May, 2012

52fitz's avatar

England England

This aftershave has a scent that manages to be fresh and subtle at the same time.

Floral, citrus, old school barber shop.

Very much agree with OP that it has a great cooling effect after the initial kick.

Personally, I find it quite long-lasting. A favourite.

05 March, 2012

buddym's avatar

I love using a quality aftershave splash. I have tried so many and then several years my son introduced me to Proraso, man I love this stuff. I wish they would make cologne out of this one.

I give it 5 stars easily for the fragrance. For longevity I gave it only 2. I know it’s an aftershave, but there are some (Musgo Real and Floyd Amber and Blue) that last for a good 4 hours, MR can go 7 or 8 hours at times. As for how well it works, for me, it’s the best, even better than Floyd Amber, which I still use, but after finding Proraso I have put it in second place.

Proraso has a cool menthol kick, it burns a little at first, but the smooth, soft skin you get after several minutes is worth the few seconds’ worth of stings. The fragrance is hard to explain. A little citrus, a lot of clean and it just leaves you smelling and feeling like a man.

The small size, about 12 – 15 dollars USA, if you like it go for the Grande, 400 ounces in a thick glass bottle, about 40 bucks if you look for awhile online, otherwise never more than 50$. Considering the size, that great. If you are a serious wet shaver, at least try this one, you’ll love it.

03 November, 2011

MHV's avatar

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me about the origins of this fragrance.

Granted, it's nothing but a humble aftershave, and there's no cologne. But it smells like an aromatic fougère, has the masculinity and strength to prove it, and drives my girl completely crazy.

Forget about Old Spice, and smell like a Uomo.

EDIT: Some intense sniffing the other night indicated that the top note what an earl grey-ish bergamot, which accounts for the potency, but there's more going on below to make it agreeable. It's hard to say how the menthol contributes to the smell, since it's there mainly as a skin product rather than a perfume, but Proraso is definitely in the fougère gang.

04 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 03 November, 2011)

40sumtinmale's avatar

This stuff is awesome works great cools and heals the face, citrus type of scent. Eucalyptus and Witch Hazel...recommend this to anyone, definately old school, byt way better then Tabac.

05 December, 2009