Xpec Original (2008)
    by Xpec

Average Rating:

Xpec Original Fragrance Notes

Xpec Original information

Xpec Original is a men's fragrance by Xpec. The scent was launched in 2008 and the bottle was designed by John Fewster

Reviews of Xpec Original

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

MonkeyBars's avatar

I do get the tuberose for sure, but it's dosed moderately. The fennel is an interesting touch, and I get something quite animalic, most likely civet, although it could just be indoles rounding out the tuberose accord. Tons of depth in this rich, aromatic floral for men, but wearable by women too. The thyme adds just the right bitterness and coolness. A bit pricey, but smells very natural and has good longevity. Related to some classic floral bouquet feminines like Toujours Moi but bitterer and with modern touches like the ginger and pepper. I find it very well-balanced, which means I can overspray and it doesn't grate. It does have a somewhat formal vibe, but also bold which is a great combination.

10th April, 2013

shamu1's avatar

This smells like Aramis without the leather. Harsh, pungent floral notes are what define Xpec, and this is what I like about it. This is a bold, daring scent, and it smells dirty. I like that.

What I don't like is that unfortunately it smells like an unfinished fragrance. The notes aren't particularly well blended, and I feel like the perfumer spent all of her energy in simply making sure this was a daring scent, rather than paying attention to the balance of its numerous notes and how they interact with one another. It smells like it's loud and bold just for the sake of being loud and bold. After wearing this for an hour, I thought to myself, "Is that it?"

Putting aside those negatives, however, Xpec does smell pretty good overall, and I respect it for its boldness. Fans of strong, raunchy floral scents may want to give this a whirl.

MY RATING: 6.5/10

20th May, 2011

alfarom's avatar

Xpec Original is an ok fragrance. A cyphre with the aim to be a floral cyphre but I don't get any tuberose here. I'd say it's a quite unique fragrance not for the smell but just because nobody knows it. We have plenty of better fragrances out there but if you find it at a discount store for 20 bucks, go ahead. Otherwise, if you're looking for a better floral-cyphre also suitable for men go directly for 31 Rue Cambon by Chanel.

07th April, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

A floral chypre... for men? Yeah yeah florals are for women; marketing I say! But that doesn't make a floral chypre directed towards men any less surprising. I really like this opening. It smells more like aldehydes rather than straight tuberose and spices. The drydown is a very formal smelling oakmoss. I'd feel very out of place if I wore this to anything else other than a suit and tie event. Great stuff but is probably an acquired taste.

12th June, 2009

Corium's avatar

Germany Germany

Wow, smells like a Lagavulin Whiskey tastes! And it is lasting longer than any other fragrance I ever tested.

17th November, 2008 (Last Edited: 03rd May, 2010)

Add your review of Xpec Original