Rumeur 2 Rose (2008)

100ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    50ml EdP

Reviews of Rumeur 2 Rose

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Rumeur 2 Rose is an interesting fragrance in the sense that it's not entirely rose, but a rich blend of fruits and flowers.

I think I initially expected something quite sweet, rosy and fruity, but Rumeur 2 Rose is not so predictable. The opening is actually quite bitter and sharp, what seems to be lemon, bitter orange and pink rose counteracting with one another.

It does settle after awhile, however the fruitiness remains. I can detect an array of floral notes at times, but during most of its development, Rumeur 2 Rose is all about luscious roses and zesty citrus.

I'm not a huge fan of this fragrance because I think it smells very much like an expensive shampoo or shower gel. I do actually own this fragrance in the shower gel because I found it cheap and I knew I would enjoy using it along with other rose-scented bath products. As a perfume though, I'm not convinced.

I don't find this fragrance particularly refreshing, yet I do enjoy its unique take on a common rose note. It reminds me of Spring and I think it can also be worn by anyone of any age. The drydown is quite musky with subtle hints of earthy patchouli, which is thankfully not overpowering in the base.

The lasting power is not bad, lasting well over six hours. I think Rumeur 2 Rose is a fruity rose scent with a lot of character.

20th April, 2012

Primrose's avatar
    Primrose

Rumeur 2 Rose is a wonderful scent for warm...even hot...weather! What a fresh scent!

This is a very citrusy floral (rose, mugeut et chevrefeille...rose, lily of the valley and honeysuckle) with a little hit of citrus at the start. The scent then mellows out to a warm amber. I can see this as a marvelous scent to wear in the summer or anytime for a pick-me-up. A happy scent.

04 September, 2009

hester's avatar
    hester
    South Africa South Africa

Hmm. Got this free at work, would NEVER have picked it up. The smell is not too 'pink', though very, in fact, stridently, pastel. Starts of fake-citrusy and a touch loud, no rose in sight. It has that weird modern perfumery trying-for-clean-but-getting-slightly-musty effect, with the sparkling zing of fake citrus, for the first hour. Then it suddenly calms way down, and a soft, quite charming rose appears, all on its lonesome. By now it's very quiet. I am sure it will be all but completely gone by the three-hour-mark, as everyone on the web seems to be complaining. You could buy something a LOT worse for a young girl's first perfume. If you're over 18, pick something a lot more interesting. The box is charming and the bottle's heft quite satisfying.

19 August, 2009

melancholic-botanist's avatar
    melancholic-botanist
    Poland Poland

Good. Fresh, playful and.. elegant. Slightly aldehydic. Rose + lemon + grapefruit. It reminds somewhat Baby Doll.

13 April, 2008