Bali Dream (2008)

Average Rating: 3

Based on 24 ratings

Bali Dream Fragrance Notes

Bali Dream information

Bali Dream is a women's fragrance by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Bali Dream

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

exciter76's avatar

I bought this one completely, utterly, totally blind. I did not have a smart phone on which to confer with Basenotes when I bought this. My criteria for bringing this home were (a.) it had a tropical name, thus, it must be a tropical scent and (b.) it was an Estee Lauder fragrance. I’ll buy a fragrance blindly so long as it alludes to being tropical. It isn’t really a very good litmus test but alas, I still employ it.

Bali Dream is a satisfying tropical fragrance but its tropical nature isn’t immediately apparent upon first spray. It starts out syrupy sweet and gingery. Nice but not exactly the kind of tropical I had in mind. That was my second mistake (the first being blind-buying scents based on the word ‘tropical’)—there are more tropical environments besides the obvious coconuts-and-fruit-salad ones I had envisioned. A Bali trip was referenced in a review of this on on another site and she mentioned the scents of the land itself, not the beaches. Once I read that I realized this was a uniquely exotic trip to Bali, not a seaside seat on a generic tropical beach. Suddenly I had a new appreciation for this scent.

The syrupy sweet ginger quickly gives way to a fizzy-with-a-kick ginger ale that is refreshing and cool. About a half hour later the scent of orchid unfolds and stays consistently lovely for the entire ride. Anyone smitten with BBW’s Enchanted Orchid will fall in love with this fragrance. The sillage tastefully trails with medium strength and the fragrance last for quite a long time, staying even post-shower. I love most Estee Lauder creations, this one being no exception, but this one is different from the average EL creation. This one seems to be more carefree and untraditional, like Beyond Paradise’s eccentric little sister. It is completely enjoyable!

01st April, 2012

Mandella's avatar

When I wear this in winter, this is the scene I envision: A woman is stranded in a blizzard at JFK. She grabs a magazine and turns to an ad that features a smiling couple standing on the beach of a tropical resort. Behind them are flowers and tiki huts. BD is a tropical,buttery confection and I live in the humid south....so this smells spectacular on me in Summer. The dry down isn't as 'clean' as it could be ,but who cares when it's 110 degrees outside!

05 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 February, 2012)

scentsuelle's avatar

Sickly sweet floral, really generic, bought in Thailand where the heat made it smell so much more interesting and it kind of matched the scenery. Hated it at home.

18 November, 2011

ZsaZsaZsu's avatar

Norway Norway

To me this just smells really strange and almost like sweat.

01st July, 2009

lovelylavender's avatar

Indonesia Indonesia

I really love Bali and when Estee Lauder put Bali's name as the title of their new perfume, what a dream come true! I though I have to do all the trouble getting it in the nearest airport (Changi perhaps). But lucky me, someone able to get it for me.

Bali Dream is opened with the mix of Orchid and Ginger (Which remind me of CK Euphoria Blossom.. love it). The mix is right and it will be easily loved. I can imagine a lot of people would give it as a gift (from Bali?). It doesn't smell like Bali too me but it's a crowd pleaser. Going to the heart I smell.... coconut. Wait. There's no coconut in the middle note? It said Pepper, Ylang Ylang, Cassia, Jasmine, Gardenia, Tagete, Plum, Tuberose. But how come I only smell Coconut plus something. As it going to the basenote, the coconut stay strong while the others already said goodbye...

I agree with the previous reviewer that this perfume is too tropical to be categorized as floriental. It's nice. It's pleasureable... but it just don't smell Bali to me. Estee Lauder could just write Coconut Island or Coco Dream or something instead of Bali Dream.

But I still give applause to Estee Lauder. I appreciate them in the same way the appreciate Bali. May more people come to Bali. ^-^ Now I'm waiting for 7:15 am in Bali from Kenzo.

24 April, 2008

• Time Left: 5 days
    Estee Lauder BALI DREAM Eau De Parfum Spray - 1.7 fl oz. - 70% FULL
    • Time Left: 8 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    BALI DREAM BY ESTEE LAUDER 1.7oz Women's Eau de Parfum BRAND NEW !
    • Time Left: 27 days
    ESTEE LAUDER BALI DREAM WOMEN PERFUME EDP 1.6 1.7 oz 50 ml SPRAY TESTER NEW
    • Time Left: 28 days
    Bali Dream by Estee Lauder 1.7oz Eau De Parfum Spray NIB Women's Perfume RARE
    • Time Left: 15 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Estee Lauder Bali Dream 1.7oz Eau de Parfum EDP Spray - DISCONTINUED!
    • Time Left: 9 days