A*Men Pure Coffee (2008)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Coffee

A*Men Pure Coffee is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Christine Nagel and Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Coffee fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Coffee

Not a bad entry in the A*Men "Pure" series, though not one I'd call my favorite. It takes the vanilla-patchouli vibe of Pure Tonka and adds a noticeably bitter coffee-like note married with vetiver, that was tough for me to really get into. Versus some of the other "Pure" flankers - namely, Pure Tonka, Pure Havane, UltraZest, and Pure Wood, for instance - this one has a stronger nod out to the original A*Men's distinctive coffee presence (by design), and it similarly rich and sharp like the original.

Pure Coffee is nice overall, but I think I am more sold on the effects of the aforementioned flankers (as well as their long lost relative, B*Men).

06th February, 2018
nice coffee patchouli .one of the best from the house.
01st February, 2018
There are those that deplore A*Men.

There are those that appreciate all the mugler patchouli/choco-centric offerings and will tell of the various nuances among and between them all.

And there are those that are just OK with all the offerings and will say they do not reflect enough toward the particular name (i.e. here -> not enough of a coffee accord in Pure Coffee) and simply don't differ enough to justify owning more than one.

I'm of the last group. I choose Pure Malt, but just by a wee dram.
13th July, 2016
Phenomenal. The first time I sampled this it made me laugh because the coffee was so distinct and recognizable, I couldn't imagine anyone taking it seriously as a personal scent for the day. Fragrances are works of art indeed, but there's little use for a scent presented as an eau de toilette that can't be worn. If it's unwearable, it's better off as a scented candle or simply a paper strip.

Fortunately, A*Men Coffee made such an impression that after sampling several scents that day it couldn't be erased from my memory. I thought about it throughout the week and something told me I needed to try it again. I did so; it smelled exactly the same as the first time but instead of being amused at how uncannily it resembled coffee, I took notice of just how nice the overall scent is as something to wear. It doesn't make you smell like a Starbucks at all. Instead, it smells entirely appropriate and complete as a men's winter fragrance with this breathtaking note of coffee that's neither too sweet nor too bitter. It's gorgeous, unique, and unforgettable.

I have the original A*Men and have sampled several from the line. Pure Coffee is my favorite head and shoulders above the rest.
12th January, 2016
Pure Coffee is the only A*Men flanker that's a good evenly balanced scent, and it mostly gets this merit because the coffee note actually seems to tone down the horrid base found in A*Men, Pure Malt, Wood and Havane. The coffee note is reminiscent of roasted coffee beans, with a more mellow coffee note. Not bitter or sharp, as the sweetness of the base gives this a nicer balance. Additionally, Pure Coffee doesn't have the offensive projection power of Malt, Wood and Havane, so it's not going to clear the room or announce itself as it's siblings would.

Would make a good cold weather casual scent, but probably not for the office. I'm still not sure I will purchase it, but it is pleasant, relaxing and wearable in the right circumstances.
29th September, 2015
bigbz Show all reviews
Wow, what a terrific scent!!! The typical A*men DNA/base but with a great bitter coffee note that really cuts back on the typical sweetness these Mugler flankers sometimes possess and balances things out very nicely. There is something really captivating to me about the coffee aroma that's in this. It's not the gross, bitter coffee breath like-smell that's in Polo Double Black....but something special and wonderfully blended.

Yes, it is much more subdued, mellow and not as long lasting compared to it's counterparts. But honestly, I don't really see that as a bad thing in this case. Easily the most wearable of his A*men line-up IMHO. I think this just jumped to the head of the class as my favorite from this line....I like it even more than the former champ, Taste Of Fragrance! Really glad they ended up re-releasing this one!
19th March, 2015 (last edited: 24th March, 2015)

Add your review of A*Men Pure Coffee

Shop for A*Men Pure Coffee products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of A*Men Pure Coffee