Pulp (2008)

Pulp information

Year of Launch2008

PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Pulp

Pulp is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Pulp fragrance notes

Reviews of Pulp

Every time I spray Pulp, I spend the first 30 seconds marveling at its ridiculously exaggerated juiciness, and then I notice that it smells like a cheap candle and it won't go away for hours and it's amateurishly strong.

It smells like a "tropical punch"-flavored candy. Sort of pineapple-ish, sort of coconutty. It's vaguely waxy, which is probably cementing the candle association. If your town has a cute little gift shop with little travel candles in tins, there's probably one there that's supposed to smell like papaya or pink lychee or something that smells exactly like this. Meh.
22nd February, 2015
Realistic, raw fruit. When I first gave Pulp a sniff from the sample vial, I thought, “raw fruit, a little boring”. But after wearing awhile, I see there’s more to it than that. The more I smell Pulp, the more I smell something vegetal, rather than fruity. Pulp actually reminds me of 2 very different fragrances: Sweet Pea from Bath and Body Works, which smells exactly like fresh peas in the kitchen (with added sugar, of course), and Piment Brulant by L’Artisan, which smells like a vegetable garden. Yes, despite the listed notes, Pulp also has a slight vegetal smell to me, which keeps it from being too sweet. Maybe this seems odd, but I find this vegetal smell fascinating, even therapeutic. I don't think Pulp smells like rotting fruit, just very RIPE fruit. Overall, I like Pulp, but it seems a bit top-heavy, lacking substantial base notes which would make it a more wearable, well-rounded fragrance.
18th February, 2015
TefanG Show all reviews
I love this fragrance. Citrus, yes...but different...sort of pineapply. A very unique citrus. Longevity amazing. Long-lasting.
14th January, 2015
This literally made me sick to my stomach. I don't mind the (very strong) pulpy fruit smell, but there is an underlying scent of chemical bug spray that is just gagging. I cannot stand this. (I like other Byredo scents, Bal D'Afrique in particular.)
21st October, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
Fascinating...and just a little revolting. Pulp opens with a crisp apple note that becomes creamy with a liqueur-like orange and vanilla quality that could be the fig as it starts fresh and earthy then dries down to the deeper dried fruit and resinous depth of generic "unisex" cologne. There is another dip after twenty minutes or so to a slightly withered floral and overripe fruit that is so muddy it can't be identified as any one scent. This wears close to the skin and is by turns sweet and earthy. Lasts approximately 5 hours on skin and clothes.
23rd September, 2014
White flowers, apples, figs, summer, easy, balanced, just right, alluring, signature, white T-shirt. These words all ring clearly in my mind (and nose) when i wear this.

It's nothing extraordinary but it's so well put together in a way that is very convincing and could become addicting to the wearer. And the final outcome of the blend just smells great. Period.

I do get the infamous "rotten fruits" vibe , but only in the top notes. I would actually describe them as "smoky fruits" to be honest and i don't find them that repulsive at all.

This really starts to blossom in the heart and in the drydown when the white flowers start to come out. Just beautiful.

I really like this.

Thumbs up from me !
29th July, 2014

Add your review of Pulp

Shop for Pulp products online

Shop for Pulp at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pulp

Member images of Pulp

There are no member images of Pulp yet. Why not be the first?