Pulp (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Pulp

Pulp is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Pulp fragrance notes

Reviews of Pulp

Let me preface this by saying that I adore apple fragrances. My preferred summer scent is See by Chloé mostly because the apple note in See lasts for hours on my skin, even after the rest of the mix has all but disappeared.

Pulp has the same strong apple note as See and has been lingering on me for hours. Pulp's apple is fresher and juicer due to the supporting fruit notes at the top and in its heart (that blackcurrant! *swoon*), but that gorgeous apple...I just can't get enough. The sillage and longevity are top notch which makes this 100% FB-worthy for me (even at Byredo prices...ouch), especially considering that my skin eats most fruity scents for breakfast.

EDIT: Over the last few hours, as the scent slowly fades away, Pulp has been exceptionally clean-smelling. I'm not sure if it's just my skin, but it never turns to rotten fruit as others have experienced. If anything, I'm getting a little more green freshness (maybe this is the peach flower note?) and a teeny tiny bit of wood. Man, I can't wait to get a bottle of this.
29th April, 2018 (last edited: 30th April, 2018)
Someone just grabbed the back of my head and shoved my face into a bowl filled with a delicious very ripe fruit salad...what this really reminds me of is the compote that my mom and gramma used to brew up...all kinds of fruit cooked in a sweetened/spiced broth with just a splash of wine...i do get a boozy background and the kind of flavoring of spice that brings to mind mulling spices...a strong syrupy fruit wine...an intoxicating fruit ambrosia...i get great olfactory pleasure smelling this...only drawback to me is that due to the intensity and power found in this fragrance I find it hard to find the right time, place and temperature to properly wear this...bottom line - boozy spicy fruit bomb...
13th March, 2018
This opens as a vine ripened Sindhri, juicy, sweet and balanced citric. Cardamom and Currant counter with a spicy jammy bouquet.
For me there are whispers of a magical Fir Forest in note.
Tropical Floral drifts down through it all and proves to a quite sophisticated presentation and sillage.
Very finely crafted to show as a semi-gourmand.
It's accord is first-rate.
12th March, 2018 (last edited: 09th April, 2018)
Byredo pulp, like a beer, a over ripe fruit and beer, hard to explain, not bad, but not like Mmmmm awesome either.
It has a fizzy smell to it that lingers above the actual scent, which is a beer that's been sitting there overnight.
The The food that you settle with between fast food and gourmet, but tastes pretty good, but not exactly what you were hoping for. That's how I feel about this scent.
09th July, 2017
Byredo Pulp is one of the most hyped fragrances of the line, perhaps it's most-discussed warm weather fragrance, along with, of course, Bal d'Afrique.

Said to represent the smell of fresh fruit, my own sampling of it today lends credence to its relatively strong reputation. It does smell like fresh fruit, a nod to both the sweetness and tartness that come from the real thing.

That its scent is comprised of several fruits--bergamot, blackcurrant, apple, fig--makes Pulp difficult to pin down, or to limit to being a hyper-sweet, -sour, or -citrus fragrance. Because it is an amalgam of several varying fruits, it's effective at representing many more fruits, perhaps all fruits.

Certainly as pointed out by at least one critic I've heard, Pulp's energy diminishes predictably into its dry down, where it becomes a bit less interesting and less bright, at least to me. Still, the blend is excellent in the dry down, when it takes on woody and musky undertones.

Its performance is decent for a warm weather EDP, probably above average in projection and longevity, but Byredo pricing is right in the area of "if it doesn't add something unique to your collection, don't bother" at the standard pricing of $150 for 50ml, $230 for 100ml. However, it can be argued more easily for Pulp than for most fruity niche offerings that this does achieve something more unique, more special, and at the same time relatively unisex and easy to wear, though it shines most in the summer. One I'll need to explore further but may eventually add to my collection, maybe next summer.

8 out of 10
05th June, 2017
The fruit garden...

Before trying this, I didn't know what to expect. I heard things like "rotten fruit" and I wondered if this would be worth even trying at all. I was pleasantly surprised!

What I get from this actually, is almost the smell of (like the name) pulp. Fruit pulp. For me it's Mango pulp, and it's a smell I actually really like. I do also get apple and citrus in there, and some grape etc.

This is one I would recommend to people who like fruit and freshness. I do feel that it is a very cleverly made perfume and one which is composed intelligently. I would recommend it and would advise to try out first in good weather. I think this would be suitable for year round and would say that it is unisex. This is the smell of very ripe fruit up close. But it also has a balance which can only come from a well made perfume. One to try for sure. I thoroughly enjoy it.
06th March, 2017

Add your review of Pulp

Shop for Pulp products online

Search for on eBay United States

BYREDO PULP EAU DE PARFUM 2.5ML/ 5ML OR 10ML GLASS/ALUMINUM SAMPLE. PLEASE READ!

• USD $13.99

• Time Left: 5 days

• USD $34.99

• USD $13.99
  • Shipping from: United States

Byredo all samples 2ml(0.06fl.oz) for woman & men perfume, buy 5 get 1 for free!

• USD $10.00

BYREDO - PULP EAU DE PARFUM (SAMPLES 6ML OR 10ML) FREE SHIPPING USA

• USD $37.99
  • Time Left: 18 days

Member images of Pulp

There are no member images of Pulp yet. Why not be the first?