Pulp (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Pulp

Pulp is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Pulp fragrance notes

Reviews of Pulp

Byredo pulp, like a beer, a over ripe fruit and beer, hard to explain, not bad, but not like Mmmmm awesome either.
It has a fizzy smell to it that lingers above the actual scent, which is a beer that's been sitting there overnight.
The The food that you settle with between fast food and gourmet, but tastes pretty good, but not exactly what you were hoping for. That's how I feel about this scent.
09th July, 2017
Byredo Pulp is one of the most hyped fragrances of the line, perhaps it's most-discussed warm weather fragrance, along with, of course, Bal d'Afrique.

Said to represent the smell of fresh fruit, my own sampling of it today lends credence to its relatively strong reputation. It does smell like fresh fruit, a nod to both the sweetness and tartness that come from the real thing.

That its scent is comprised of several fruits--bergamot, blackcurrant, apple, fig--makes Pulp difficult to pin down, or to limit to being a hyper-sweet, -sour, or -citrus fragrance. Because it is an amalgam of several varying fruits, it's effective at representing many more fruits, perhaps all fruits.

Certainly as pointed out by at least one critic I've heard, Pulp's energy diminishes predictably into its dry down, where it becomes a bit less interesting and less bright, at least to me. Still, the blend is excellent in the dry down, when it takes on woody and musky undertones.

Its performance is decent for a warm weather EDP, probably above average in projection and longevity, but Byredo pricing is right in the area of "if it doesn't add something unique to your collection, don't bother" at the standard pricing of $150 for 50ml, $230 for 100ml. However, it can be argued more easily for Pulp than for most fruity niche offerings that this does achieve something more unique, more special, and at the same time relatively unisex and easy to wear, though it shines most in the summer. One I'll need to explore further but may eventually add to my collection, maybe next summer.

8 out of 10
05th June, 2017
The fruit garden...

Before trying this, I didn't know what to expect. I heard things like "rotten fruit" and I wondered if this would be worth even trying at all. I was pleasantly surprised!

What I get from this actually, is almost the smell of (like the name) pulp. Fruit pulp. For me it's Mango pulp, and it's a smell I actually really like. I do also get apple and citrus in there, and some grape etc.

This is one I would recommend to people who like fruit and freshness. I do feel that it is a very cleverly made perfume and one which is composed intelligently. I would recommend it and would advise to try out first in good weather. I think this would be suitable for year round and would say that it is unisex. This is the smell of very ripe fruit up close. But it also has a balance which can only come from a well made perfume. One to try for sure. I thoroughly enjoy it.
06th March, 2017
Memories: Broome, Western Australia. Aunties. Mangoes. Pineapple.

Who should wear this: Elle Macpherson. A librarian in Noosa.

Bottom line: $AUD240 for a mango. No way.
04th March, 2017
Reminds me of a basket of over-ripe fruit. Great projection and longevity. Wife liked it and said it reminded her of the smell in Vegas casinos (not the smoke) with some coconut.
11th January, 2017
If you like the scent of tropical fruit punch, PULP's got your number. Me? I take my fruity drinks in sips, never sprays.
18th July, 2016

Add your review of Pulp

Shop for Pulp products online

Search Amazon for Pulp

Member images of Pulp

There are no member images of Pulp yet. Why not be the first?