Gypsy Water (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Gypsy Water

Gypsy Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Gypsy Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Gypsy Water

A nice calm fragrance.a blend of vanilla,woods and citrus notes come together in a bright,subtle and persistent trail.not too sweet because sandalwood comes in to mellow the lemon down.no sharp edges here.it is very lovely but it is not a statement fragrance.the citrus and woods are very soft.Fresh, Clean,Homely,Balsamic,Peaceful,Comfortable,Delicate, Discreet,Inviting,Slightly Warm and Perfectly Unisex scent.

Lemony freshness then a creamy warm but not gourmand vanilla with a touch of amber on a bed of opulent woody notes of sandalwood creating a radiant,fresh and versatile aura.in fact the lime hits me first but mellows out quickly and the it just becomes sofly clean creamy scent.not too overpowering but definitely there.perfect for days that are growing cooler and shorter.al of the notes blend together pretty well.if you are looking for a nice soft not so in your face vanilla citrus that is just enough to obtain a swoon,you are exactly at the right place.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

6.75/10
06th August, 2016
Here's Byredo attempting to pull a Guerlain, with predictably laughable results. The bright and coniferous opening engages the nose before segueing to a light peppery orris and incense. Nice! It projects well too.

What a good start, or so I thought.

Unfortunately the party was soon gatecrashed by a lumbering ambery-vanillic accord that overstayed its welcome and just about overwhelmed everything save for the persistent incense.

If you enjoy vanillic insense scents as much as I do this is probably middle of the pack, some ways behind Atelier who did a far superior job with their Insensee Vanille.
21st July, 2016
I'm not impressed. This smells watered down, diluted almoust gone offish as if the bottle had been sitting on a dusty shelf without the cap on.
Maybe it's more suitable when the weather get's warmer?
The juxtaposition between the"freshness" and the sweet warmth from sandalwood and vanilla is not cutting it for me. I miss nuances and depht.
If you do enjoy Gypsy Water I strongly suggest that you try the perfumer Jerome Epinettes Bonbon Tree at & Other Stories. I'm wearing Gypsy Water on one wrist and Bonbon Tree on the other and in my humble opinion it's basically the same scent by the same perfumer but to a much more appropriate price tag at & Other Stories. Gypsy Water just don't have that luxe , exklusive, expensive feel to it as with perfumes from Hermes or Lutens that imidiatly makes me feel special and exhilarated.
There is of corse nothing to complain about projection and longivity in this case when I just want to scrub it off...
06th January, 2016 (last edited: 10th January, 2016)
First off, I love the name. This comes in both EdP and EdC concentrations and my review is of the EdP.

It begins both lemony and coniferous. The lemon is sweet. The only other pine/lemon concoction I have worn is Blenheim Bouquet, but this comes off rather opposite, with none of the austerity of the Penhaligons offering. The pine gives way to vanilla and this comes across lemony dessert. Pleasant, but perhaps a touch too sweet. Is this the stuff of Gypsies? I have no idea.
06th June, 2015
Very pricey but a good perfume if you like incense - which I do. I would probably stick to buying the Gypsy Water Hair Perfume in future though if I wanted to play with this again as Tauer's LDDM - the ultimate Haute Hippie experience - really fulfils my incense needs.
19th May, 2015
A nice citrus and vanilla warm weather fragrance that stays close to the skin. Very nice. The pine and amber play a nice role in this one. Pricey fragrance for the amount of mls. 7.5/10
19th April, 2015

Add your review of Gypsy Water

Shop for Gypsy Water products online

Search Amazon for Gypsy Water

Member images of Gypsy Water

There are no member images of Gypsy Water yet. Why not be the first?