Rose Noir (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Rose Noir

Rose Noir is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Rose Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Noir

Rose Noir? More like a rose bore, if you ask me. I've given it a couple of wears and each time I wished I had worn something else. I just can't find any personality in this reticent lightly dusty rose facsimile. Perhaps we just don't click.
28th July, 2016
Man, I love this fragrance! Like with many fragrances, my body chemistry skips the top notes and go straight to embracing the mid and basenotes -- I don't mind that at all. This is so beautiful with the woody notes from the oakmoss blending in with the roses. There's a little spice to it without spoiling the lushness of the roses. I like the originality of this blend. I've owned so many rose fragrances over the years and appreciate the direction this one takes instead of the typical pure floral path. The only negative thing I have to say is DAMN, it's expensive! That said, I don't regret splurging on this at all.
14th November, 2015
Tony T Show all reviews
To my nose this is a giant blooming floral..Grapefruit top infused with some kind of rose..light incense and musk provide excellent longevity and projection.. 3 sprays from 7 hours ago and it's projecting wonderful.. I disagree with the old lady smell..
This can easily be worn by a man.. Drawback is the crazy price!!
11th December, 2013
I am not a big fan of roses, they tend to smell old ladies:-) , but the rose-citrus combination here is such a great idea, first i thought its Bulgarian rose, but it smelled much nicer ,strong but not too heavy, very natural!! And overall this is beautiful rose solifloral scent, airy not suffocating in strong concentration, which for me by itself is noire:-)
12th October, 2012
Opens with a punchy deep rose with a fair bit of citrus before moving into a musky, dusky dry down.

I would like to wear this when I am an old lady.
24th August, 2012
I really don't catch the noir side on this one. All i smell is an aromatic and rosey geyser of herbs, citrus, cool incense and aldehydes over a shadowy mossy-galbanum background. There is some peppery and incensey dust that imprints virility and a touch of enigma. The scent, as soon as the citrusy-floral spidy initial vibe starts a bit debasing its power, begins to be musky and moody. The smell anyway is subtle, basically dry and sophisticated by the ethereal whiffs of delicate rose and aqueous freesia. Just feminine in my humble opinion. A good fragrance for sure but unworthy of its important price.
18th February, 2012

Add your review of Rose Noir

Shop for Rose Noir products online

Shop for Rose Noir at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rose Noir

Member images of Rose Noir

There are no member images of Rose Noir yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads