Rose Noir (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Rose Noir

Rose Noir is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Rose Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Noir

Byredo Rose Noir suggests "dark" in its name, but I don't get much of that vibe from the fragrance itself. It's an agreeable semi-fresh, semi-powdery rose-dominant scent with fresh grapefruit and freesia in the opening, drying down to a musky, slightly woody base.

It's seemingly versatile (not that dark), so there's value in that, and while it leans somewhat feminine, rose-loving men would have no trouble pulling this off, either.

It's also a decent performer, walking the line between some of the weaker summer scents (i.e. the EDCs, BDA) and more powerhouse winter scents (i.e. 1996).

As with many of the house's scents, though, Rose Noir falls into the "good but not great" category, very pleasant to smell and wear, and I'd wear it again sometime perhaps, but it moves the needle so little, particularly given the abundance of rose-dominant fragrances, that I wouldn't give much further thought to buying it.

7 out of 10
21st June, 2017
Rose Noir? More like a rose bore, if you ask me. I've given it a couple of wears and each time I wished I had worn something else. I just can't find any personality in this reticent lightly dusty rose facsimile. Perhaps we just don't click.
28th July, 2016
Man, I love this fragrance! Like with many fragrances, my body chemistry skips the top notes and go straight to embracing the mid and basenotes -- I don't mind that at all. This is so beautiful with the woody notes from the oakmoss blending in with the roses. There's a little spice to it without spoiling the lushness of the roses. I like the originality of this blend. I've owned so many rose fragrances over the years and appreciate the direction this one takes instead of the typical pure floral path. The only negative thing I have to say is DAMN, it's expensive! That said, I don't regret splurging on this at all.
14th November, 2015
Tony T Show all reviews
To my nose this is a giant blooming floral..Grapefruit top infused with some kind of rose..light incense and musk provide excellent longevity and projection.. 3 sprays from 7 hours ago and it's projecting wonderful.. I disagree with the old lady smell..
This can easily be worn by a man.. Drawback is the crazy price!!
11th December, 2013
I am not a big fan of roses, they tend to smell old ladies:-) , but the rose-citrus combination here is such a great idea, first i thought its Bulgarian rose, but it smelled much nicer ,strong but not too heavy, very natural!! And overall this is beautiful rose solifloral scent, airy not suffocating in strong concentration, which for me by itself is noire:-)
12th October, 2012
Opens with a punchy deep rose with a fair bit of citrus before moving into a musky, dusky dry down.

I would like to wear this when I am an old lady.
24th August, 2012

Add your review of Rose Noir

Shop for Rose Noir products online

Search Amazon for Rose Noir

Member images of Rose Noir

There are no member images of Rose Noir yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads