Aoud Blossom
by Montale

Aoud Blossom information

PerfumerPierre Montale

About Aoud Blossom

Aoud Blossom is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Aoud Blossom fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud Blossom

I caught a whiff of oud in the beginning but it recedes rather quickly behind the curtain of florals. Which is not necessarily a bad thing for the floral blend is competently done. As a tuberose fan, I may be a little disappointed by its lack of presence but this is more than made up by the overall balance of the composition. Much like classic Fendi, AOUD BLOSSOM has a similarly classical floral oriental feel about it with oud giving it a base which is deeper and spicier compared to the more conventional cedar/amber/sandalwood combo.

I don't get the negative reviews though. All things considered, this is a smooth unsweetened spicy floral suitable for either gender.

bergamot, Sicilian mandarin, ylang ylang, violet, jasmine sambac, tuberose, rose, Mysore sandalwood, Arabian oud.
17th May, 2011
On my skin this is completely dominated by the aoud. l get a whisper of tuberose, but none of the "creamy, sensual & intoxicating" florals l was expecting. lt pains me to give a Montale a negative rating, as l love this house, but l guess aoud just isn't for me. To my nose it's too masculine, but l think this fragrance would be great on a man.
09th February, 2011
After longish disfavor against the white flowers, I took a deep breath, and started to approach gingerly. As a Montale-fan, what else than Aoud Velvet,and now Aoud Blossom is on the carpet.
Bergamot, sicilian mandarin/ ylang-ylang, violet, jasmin, tubereuse, rose / sandalwood, gurjum, white musk......
Don't be bamboozled! Aoud is firmly there! It opens with the well-known medicinal - still rich, balsamic note. This covers the flowers for a while - 30 minutes - than comes the bouquet! Jasmin or tubereuse.... I can hardly find my sweet ylang-ylang (what I love so much in Aoud Velvet) and rose is effaced. This scene is a bit loud, but very fresh and feminine. And barely after an hour - the scent becomes a truly nice, quiet, calm, flossy, elegant beauty. A french-kind fragrance, from a talented man.
30th September, 2010
Too much Aoud.. sniffed if off a decant and it stings..
Montale Crystal Flowers would be a better balance of Auod and White flowers.

The Aoud on this has overwritten the flowers
03rd July, 2009
Aoud Blossom opens with a blast of Aoud, citrus and flowers. After about 30 minutes (on my skin), the Aoud steps back and the flowers, primarily tuberose and gardenia, come to the foreground. It is at this point, that Aoud Blossom begins to smell like Fracas with a additional Aoud note. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Let me just say that I am not a fan of Fracas. It's too sweet and too linear for my tastes. With Aoud Blossom, the classic "white floral" fragrance is transformed into a fresh and delicate floral oriental. A nice choice for every day wear.
02nd December, 2008

Add your review of Aoud Blossom

Shop for Aoud Blossom products online

Shop for Aoud Blossom at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aoud Blossom

Member images of Aoud Blossom

There are no member images of Aoud Blossom yet. Why not be the first?