Aoud Velvet

Aoud Velvet information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Aoud Velvet

Aoud Velvet is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Aoud Velvet

Identical to several other ouds by Montale, half floral/half oud, soft, velvety in fact, but nothing more, if you are familiar with their other ouds, the same applies here with basically no variation - not implying it's bad, I just don't get why putting so many identical/almost-identical scents on the market.

5,5-6/10
09th September, 2014
Some of Montale scents smell as if they use some synthetic ouds, and some smell as there is some real oud ,at least in fractions,this one smells really terribly synthetic, right from the opening, and reminded me of Beloved , Amouage. Its too sweet, even sweeter then Mukhallat, this resembles many fruity sweets on the market, smells like it wants to appeal to mass market, is likable but terribly synthetic
30th March, 2013
This is Montale's voyage into the gourmand. Opening with a warm fruity combination, it doesn' get overly cloying due to a balance with some oud/amber note. After a bit, the Tonka and vanilla combine to form a warm gourmand with fruit. Nice longevity, a cool/cold weather fragrance due to the vanilla and tonka.
21st December, 2012
I get a mix of floral and nondescript fruity notes, coupled with medicinal aoud. I don’t think this one works too well.
10th February, 2012
According to Luckyscent: Oud, Ylang-ylang, orange blossom, tiare, vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood.
For my nose aoud-shot in the beginning isn't restrained at all. It presents oneself in no time, as a leading instrument in an orchestra. No manner of doubt - this gonna be a ruthless beauty, unforgettable, and unique. And then comes the show: enthralling, rich white flowers with the sweetest oriental base. The whole juice is so bizarre, 'cose you are starting to crave after something unattainable. I just simply want to eat myself every time I wear this.
The real beauty of this scent develops in an hour. Warm, voluptuous, deep, refined.
I would say it is a fruity floral rather than a floral woody musk. I dont know what causes the fruitiness, but it has some kind of similarity with Chinatown from Bond, or Miss Dior Cherie..... with the recognizable quality from Master Pierre of course.
25th October, 2010
I tried a sample of this and just love it. It is rich, not overwhelming but very smooth and, velvety! Well named, indeed. It lasts for at least 12 hours on my skin and 48 hours on a cotton round. This, to me, is a scent of the highest quality. Definitely on my wish list for a full bottle.
03rd October, 2010

Add your review of Aoud Velvet

Shop for Aoud Velvet products online

Search Amazon for Aoud Velvet

Member images of Aoud Velvet

There are no member images of Aoud Velvet yet. Why not be the first?